US Dropping Requirement for COVID Test When Flying Into United States

Fouremco

The change to the CDC requirement will go into effect for US-bound air travellers at midnight on Sunday according to CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/10/politics/us-to-end-pre-departure-testing-requirement/index.html

This will make travel so much easier for everyone flying to the US.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 9

19 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

also seen (BBC) that Canada is to pause random airport testing for the rest of June. We fly into Vancouver in July, fingers crossed it still on pause then. 

A DR being interviewed on CBC yesterday afternoon said, when asked, if it would come back end of June he said very unlikely.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

A DR being interviewed on CBC yesterday afternoon said, when asked, if it would come back end of June he said very unlikely.  

I hope that the doctor is right and that the various ministers saying that it will only be a temporary suspension are wrong.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I hope that the doctor is right and that the various ministers saying that it will only be a temporary suspension are wrong.

Agreed 100%.  Suspend it for two weeks, just to bring it back makes absolutely no sense.  Those ministers will be on summer break/holidays and might not be able to answer any questions two weeks from now. 

Edit to add; our next three sets of flights we purposely booked out of Detroit just to avoid Toronto. We flew in and out of there in early April and it wasn’t a zoo leaving.  However, we had to wait an hour on the plane to clear customs and we were the first 50 that they let off our plane. I could not imagine goi g through there today. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, nissach said:

Hopefully the cruise lines will follow suit 🤞

Hopefully in time they will. At least we don’t have to provide PCR testing. From what I’ve read, the proctored tests using the free tests in the green boxes are working out well.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how getting a letter to prove you had Covid, but now over it but still testing positive works? How does a doctor online prove all this to issue cert.?

To prove this crazy virus is moving constantly….Dau family all fully vaxed and boostered, our dau has had confirmed Covid 2x in 6 months, her dau 3 x in 9 months, other dau nada, and spouse1 x. In my house, son not vaxed, just got over Covid 3 weeks ago and still positive, and husband and I four doses, now positive and sicker than sick. I’m thinking this virus has changed so much we all will be coming down with it nonstop, and will need those letters

28 minutes ago, 3Shelaghs said:

Does anyone know how getting a letter to prove you had Covid, but now over it but still testing positive works? How does a doctor online prove all this to issue cert.?

To prove this crazy virus is moving constantly….Dau family all fully vaxed and boostered, our dau has had confirmed Covid 2x in 6 months, her dau 3 x in 9 months, other dau nada, and spouse1 x. In my house, son not vaxed, just got over Covid 3 weeks ago and still positive, and husband and I four doses, now positive and sicker than sick. I’m thinking this virus has changed so much we all will be coming down with it nonstop, and will need those letters

There are places that will sell you a document of recovery, but the only way that you can get that is to have a documented positive result from a testing centre. You would upload that document on the selling site, they authenticate it and email you the document of recovery. Most people are simply doing their in-home rapid testing, and there is not, then, a way to get the certificate of recovery.

Edited by Dismomx5

My understanding of it was that you only needed proof of covid positive from pcr test within X number of months. When You go to an official testing site and obtain a positive result they should provide you with some type of document. In alberta it was attached to your 'my health record' that you could print off. 

So if you were to go now and get a positive test the document they  provided is your proof and good for 6 months I believe. 

• Like 1

It would make more sense to go  with legally recorded test result vs a recovery letter, since most of our current testing sites for clinical symptoms are affiliated with a hospital? I guess next plan of action is: when you are <90 days from vacation and sick, head to test site for proof. I’d make sure the RAT test was positive first incase it’s too early in illness.