Favorite/Least favorite WJ buffet items?

Fave: Mashed potatoes are awesome! 
Least fave: curries are way too spicy!

We are currently on Mariner. MDR food is fab. Windjammer food is pretty good. We don’t do specialty restaurants-waste of money.

• Like 7

Favorites: Mongolian from the cook-to-order station (and everything from that station), Indian food, paella that always seems to be there for day 1 lunch, crepe station for dessert

Obviously not every WJ has the same cook-to-order stuff but when I find it... 😋

Least: Salad... which is perfectly fine, wife eats them a lot, I'm just not there for salad 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

Least fave: curries are way too spicy!

What do you generally view as spicy?  For example, is Sriracha spicy for you?  Habaneros?  Jalapenos?

Edited by baelor

Fun thread. I look forward to contributing once we cruse next month (its been 7 years!). But i remember liking the omelette bar. And as an Italian American, i remember being always disappointed by Windjammer pasta

Edited by CuseJeff44
  • Like 2

Best:  dessert crepes

Worst: Curry but that's because I don't like curry.  I also can't eat seafood (shrimp in particular).  Don't particularly love the burgers in WJ either, but they'll do in a pinch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

One shot at the scrambled eggs was enough for me….

Omelet station solves that problem. My picky wife gets a "plain omelet" in lieu of the scrambled eggs. I'll eat almost anything but even I'm not a fan of buffet scrambled eggs either.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, baelor said:

What do you generally view as spicy?  For example, is Sriracha spicy for you?  Habaneros?  Jalapenos?

Yep-all of the above. I love curry but it has to be mild.  We also like Johnny Rockets for lunch—fab burgers and malteds although the prices are now $14.99 for food and $5 for shakes and malteds. It’s the one specialty restaurant we pay extra for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

Omelet station solves that problem. My picky wife gets a "plain omelet" in lieu of the scrambled eggs. I'll eat almost anything but even I'm not a fan of buffet scrambled eggs either.

Yes. we do omelets if we eat breakfast in the WJ. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I always get a plain omelet in the MDR or WJ.  They always want me to add cheese, but nope.  The omelets are just better and I prefer "dry" eggs.  I cannot eat wet or runny eggs.  

• Like 2

Just now, BND said:

I always get a plain omelet in the MDR or WJ.  They always want me to add cheese, but nope.  The omelets are just better and I prefer "dry" eggs.  I cannot eat wet or runny eggs.  

Did my wife hack your account? 🤣

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

Yep-all of the above. I love curry but it has to be mild.  We also like Johnny Rockets for lunch—fab burgers and malteds although the prices are now $14.99 for food and $5 for shakes and malteds. It’s the one specialty restaurant we pay extra for.

Sweet.  My friend and I have the DBP so looking forward to the shakes.  Probably the best shake I have had was at JR.

For breakfast: omelets, hash browns, and biscuits and gravy are good, french toast and def the chocolate milk!!!

Lunch: Mash potatoes, fries, I don't mind the burgers as well. On the oasis class ships I usually bounce around and eat at other venues, but I think this time checking out the WJ again!!!

You see some head scratchers in the WJ. Our last cruise on embarkation day, a guy with a backpack sat down at the table next to us with a full plate of food and a bowl stacked high with boiled shrimp. 

He ate everything on the plate and then pulled a ziplock bag out of his backpack, stuffed it full of the boiled shrimp and put it in the backpack. Then left. 

I guess he was going fishing later….

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, DustFSU said:

For breakfast: omelets, hash browns, and biscuits and gravy are good, french toast and def the chocolate milk!!!

Lunch: Mash potatoes, fries, I don't mind the burgers as well. On the oasis class ships I usually bounce around and eat at other venues, but I think this time checking out the WJ again!!!

You're the first person I've ever seen say that the biscuits and gravy are good.  They are nothing like homemade buttermilk biscuits (I'm from TX btw) and the gravy just doesn't do it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HicksRA said:

You see some head scratchers in the WJ. Our last cruise on embarkation day, a guy with a backpack sat down at the table next to us with a full plate of food and a bowl stacked high with boiled shrimp. 

He ate everything on the plate and then pulled a ziplock bag out of his backpack, stuffed it full of the boiled shrimp and put it in the backpack. Then left. 

I guess he was going fishing later….

Was it cousin Eddie from National Lampoon?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Favorites: Mongolian from the cook-to-order station (and everything from that station), Indian food, paella that always seems to be there for day 1 lunch, crepe station for dessert

Obviously not every WJ has the same cook-to-order stuff but when I find it... 😋

Least: Salad... which is perfectly fine, wife eats them a lot, I'm just not there for salad 🤣

I concur. I also have a talent for creating a stir fry when they do pasta night😁

Just now, BND said:

You're the first person I've ever seen say that the biscuits and gravy are good.  They are nothing like homemade buttermilk biscuits (I'm from TX btw) and the gravy just doesn't do it.

Their gravy tastes like liquid flour..

• Haha 2