Celebrity crew damaged my new Luggage. How do I contact them to report damage?

scidee

50 minutes ago, ymncruise said:

Do you have to ship the bag to them or do they pay for shipping?  Shipping is expensive now. 

From their website, yes shipping is expensive, but so is a new bag. 

• You are responsible for the cost of shipping your bag to us, however, we will return the favor and ship your bag back to you free of charge.
  • You also have the option to take the repair into your own hands. Take advantage of our self-repair kits.
  • You can send or bring your bag to a local Authorized Repair Center. They are located throughout the world. No repair number is needed. We recommend calling your local repair center before bringing or shipping your bag to discuss the details of your repair.
  • Thanks 1

We had a similar situation as OP.  We put our luggage outside of our room on Reflection on March 16, 2020, the last night of our shortened-by-Covid world shut down cruise. We disembarked in Ft. Lauderdale on March 17. No one in the cruise terminal wanted to be anywhere near disembarking cruise passengers and they, along with CBP waved us through like the third base coach of the home team waving in the winning run in the bottom of the ninth. Our luggage was damaged. When we got to our hotel late that night on the way home (we drove to FL from PA) I called X to claim the luggage damage. I was told I should have reported it in the terminal. I told them no one would talk to us. They told me that I should get an estimate of the repair cost when I got home. I reminded them that at that time only essential workers were allowed out and all non-essential businesses were shut down and that I doubted that luggage repair was considered an essential business. They finally agreed to issue us a credit for the repair onto our credit card on record of a mutually agreed upon amount that seemed fair which they did. Once the shut down was lifted the luggage company (Samsonite) actually honored the warranty and repaired the luggage. We just had to take the bag to one of their stores, paid about $6 or $7 dollars and they repaired it and shipped it back to our home.

I keep a travel folder at home and luckily whenever we've purchased luggage I remove the tags, staple the receipt to the tag and drop it in the folder where it remains until I replace the luggage. At that time, I throw out the old receipts along with the old luggage and replace the luggage and file the new tag and receipts. It's come in handy over many years of travel.

Edited by Luvcrusn

9 hours ago, ORV said:

Here's what I do. I don't mess around with cheap luggage. I buy Briggs & Riley. They have a no questions asked Lifetime guarantee for repair or replacement. It doesn't matter how old it is or who damaged it .No need for a receipt.  Built like a tank, I haven't had to take them up on it yet. 

Same here, love our Briggs & Riley luggage and similarly finding it resilient in use.

To be fair, also had excellent service from my Kirkland luggage, over a million miles flown and they just kept on going, great warranty as well.

• Like 1

Person or entity you entrust with your bag should pay..but failure to timely report seems not in your favor sorry!  

In US where we live we use a small airport. It is a shift the blame game between airline and tsa but in the end the airline usually repairs or replaces. Be polite but persistent.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Things get broken during travel. It’s just part of it. Skip the spinner luggage for your checked bags and get the regular two wheel rollaboard type.

I don't disagree with you, but in recent years it has gotten a lot harder to find anything decent that isn't a spinner in the right size for checked bags.

I have used spinner wheels for years and have not lost one yet. Honestly they way they throw luggage around I am surprised more damage has not been done. I had a soft side case torn on the Infinity in 2017 and they repaired it on the ship. Don’t blame the case or type of wheels we purchased. It is the handling that causes the problem and should be repaired or replaced. I found Celebrity very accommodating but I had to ask. 

19 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

We have stopped buying luggage with spinner wheels as they are damaged about 50% of our trips or expensive luggage.

One hint is if you have flown internationally the airlines will give an allowance or replace your bag.  Even wheels and handles that are damaged.   Domestic flights  - nope or a big argument.

Thanks - most people look at me like I am crazy when I say we buy two wheel suitcase only.  After flying weekly for 10 years I saw many a 3 wheeler being dragged around.  I also had difficulty with 4 wheelers on carpet or cobblestones.