77 Days and Still Waiting for Refund

pixiedust777

Getting frustrated with Celebrity and there refund turn around time.

Cancelled a cruised on March 28th (deposit was $960)

Received refund of $490 on April 1st.

Contacted Celebrity End of April and was told the remaining $470 had been refunded.

Found out the refund was not processed to my CC.

Was told it was being fixed and would take a couple weeks.

Now 77 days later from the initial cancellation I am still waiting.

Cancelled another cruise with a $530 deposit on April 26th and I am still waiting on that refund as well.

This one is now at 51 days.

My Celebrity PVP does not return my emails and waiting on hold only gets me sales reps with no answers and will not transfer my call.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Edited by pixiedust777
Spelling

My advice, stop booking cruises and then cancelling. This won’t help with your refunds,  it will keep you from going in deeper in the hole. Rule of holes. 🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 2

To PC Dawg. I would be nice if you left out the snarky remarks about cancelling a

cruise. You don't know what people might be going thru that led to the cruise being cancelled. The subject at hand is that Celebrity has dropped the ball big time on handling refunds & FCC. I cancelled a Silhouette cruise Jan 2nd 2022 for an April

transatlantic cruise & yes I did have cruise with confidence. That confidence in Celebrity is long gone since I am still waiting for refund after 5 months & many more people are being treated that way. The cancelled cruise is actually showing on my past cruises but no I did not receive the points for it. Just for your info I cancelled due to having unexpected surgery.  

6 minutes ago, Pat & Lee said:

To PC Dawg. I would be nice if you left out the snarky remarks about cancelling a

cruise. You don't know what people might be going thru that led to the cruise being cancelled. The subject at hand is that Celebrity has dropped the ball big time on handling refunds & FCC. I cancelled a Silhouette cruise Jan 2nd 2022 for an April

transatlantic cruise & yes I did have cruise with confidence. That confidence in Celebrity is long gone since I am still waiting for refund after 5 months & many more people are being treated that way. The cancelled cruise is actually showing on my past cruises but no I did not receive the points for it. Just for your info I cancelled due to having unexpected surgery.  

Smiley face should have given the sarcasm away….carry on. 

29 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Smiley face should have given the sarcasm away….carry on. 

Sarcasm is not usually appreciated.  The smiley face could also be taken as taunting.

To the OP.  Refunds are indeed a bit of chaos.  Hopefully you have things in writing re your refunds.  At this point Teo thoughts.  Emails are useless as X gets thousands a day.  Thus engage the executive offices since your assigned rep is not answering and/or dispute the original charge with your CC company.

My final refund was almost 6 months.

Good luck

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

5 hours ago, hcat said:

Can u File complaint with yoyr xredit card company?  If you can,  you may get a temp re credit and it often  hastens the process

Credit Card company is  saying that since a partial refund has already been processed that they will not dispute the charge until the 90 day mark.

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

For cruises that I have cancelled (or were cancelled), the deposit was usually refunded to my CC within a few days- maybe a week at most.  The remainder (as FCC) took up to a month.

Yes that is the experience I have had with a couple others that have needed to be refunded due to the cruises being cancelled.

5 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

My advice, stop booking cruises and then cancelling. This won’t help with your refunds,  it will keep you from going in deeper in the hole. Rule of holes. 🙂

Lol….wish it was that easy🤣🤣🤣🤣

At the moment I have had to stop, as all my deposit money is tied up in the refund process🙄

BTW….I took your comment as being funny and not mean.😉

• Like 1

Pixiedust, I am sorry for the trouble you are having getting your money back.  I, too was waiting since Jan 21st for a refund of my deposit.  I phoned one day and was lucky to get a person who cared and got the job done.  Before she hung up, she sent me a new booking confirmation showing the FCC.  Do you have any future cruises that they apply a FCC to instead of returning a credit to your CC?  I hope this works out to your satisfaction.

Edited by TeaBag

Mine took more than 5 mos for the FCC part and more than 6 for the refund part. But it turned out 3 mos was lost b/c they treated our cancellation as too late, and despite admitting it was on time it then took 3 more to get it fixed. Good luck.

Edited by mayleeman

8 hours ago, TeeRick said:

For cruises that I have cancelled (or were cancelled), the deposit was usually refunded to my CC within a few days- maybe a week at most.  The remainder (as FCC) took up to a month.

Same for me.   I cancelled one recently and got back two refunds equaling 900 in 3 days from my cancellation.