Boarding Time

The way it nets out is pretty simple:  If there's anyone present waiting to board with a boarding time earlier than yours, they'll go first.

How it works out in practice depends upon pax count, speediness of check-in, whether check-in started on time, etc.

Hi - don't know if you've ever sailed from Boston before, but Black Falcon Cruise Terminal is not a place where you want to hang out for an extended period of time waiting for your turn to board.

My suggestion would be to do some extra sightseeing in Boston and arrive at the terminal at your designated time.

(Former Boston resident)

1 hour ago, MarKay525 said:

Hi - don't know if you've ever sailed from Boston before, but Black Falcon Cruise Terminal is not a place where you want to hang out for an extended period of time waiting for your turn to board.

My suggestion would be to do some extra sightseeing in Boston and arrive at the terminal at your designated time.

(Former Boston resident)

Curious as to you remark about Black Falcon Cruise Terminal is NOT a place where you want to hang out.  

My one experience was on two cruises with a Stop in Boston and on one grabbed an Uber just outside the port and the other I went on an early morning  10 mile walk returning to the port.   I really didn't feel unsafe or in a dangerous area.

Having been a former Boston resident you could shed some light to us that may have missed any apparent danger or what we should be aware of.

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious as to you remark about Black Falcon Cruise Terminal is NOT a place where you want to hang out.  

My one experience was on two cruises with a Stop in Boston and on one grabbed an Uber just outside the port and the other I went on an early morning  10 mile walk returning to the port.   I really didn't feel unsafe or in a dangerous area.

Having been a former Boston resident you could shed some light to us that may have missed any apparent danger or what we should be aware of.

Not a danger, just not a comfortable or interesting place to spend time

We are four couples ( four different reservations) traveling from Southeastern Massachusetts to the terminal.  Have cruised out of Boston before so are aware of the terminal size.  My concern is that if we all receive different boarding times can those with the later times board with the ones with the earlier times.

5 minutes ago, 14 months and counting said:

We are four couples ( four different reservations) traveling from Southeastern Massachusetts to the terminal.  Have cruised out of Boston before so are aware of the terminal size.  My concern is that if we all receive different boarding times can those with the later times board with the ones with the earlier times.

Lots of people cruises with friends and the answer is no.

7 minutes ago, 14 months and counting said:

A splendid work around for your group is for the ones with the earlier times to board with those who have the later times. 

Much more egalitarian. 

• Like 4

On 6/17/2022 at 4:21 PM, MarKay525 said:

Hi - don't know if you've ever sailed from Boston before, but Black Falcon Cruise Terminal is not a place where you want to hang out for an extended period of time waiting for your turn to board. <snip>

On 6/17/2022 at 5:25 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Curious as to you remark about Black Falcon Cruise Terminal is NOT a place where you want to hang out. <snip>  Having been a former Boston resident you could shed some light to us that may have missed any apparent danger or what we should be aware of.

On 6/17/2022 at 5:26 PM, cruisestitch said:

Not a danger, just not a comfortable or interesting place to spend time

Exactly. Many lovely areas around the terminal - just not inside the terminal.

On 6/17/2022 at 4:25 PM, 14 months and counting said:

Again, refer to post #2.

On 6/17/2022 at 6:25 PM, 14 months and counting said:

How about those with the earlier boarding times wait to board with their friends with later boarding times.  I guarantee that will work.  Easy Peasy, no stress or worry.