Just received: FCC from Crown Alaska cruise increased from 0-20% to 50%

QuilterGirl

We did B2B Alaska cruises on the Crown; one had 20% FCC and the other 0%.  We received an email just now regarding each cruise and this letter is from the 0% one.  Someone saw the light!

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 6.05.24 PM.png

Edited by QuilterGirl
  • Like 10

• QuilterGirl changed the title to Just received: FCC from Crown Alaska cruise increased from 0-20% to 50%

Just received my email as well, very satisfied that Princess increased the FCC.  In all of my communications with Princess I asked for a 50% FCC, this is fair in my opinion.  We were on the May 7th sailing, I wonder if all the Crown sailings this summer will receive the same increase.  Already looking forward to Alaska 2023!

• Like 9

Got the same email but the fcc useless to us.  We weren’t planning on cruising next year. I wish they just given us the extra $100 obc like they did with the other sailings. Why was the May 28 sailing the only one that didn’t get the extra obc outside of the original change???

12 hours ago, wolvey said:

Got the same email but the fcc useless to us.  We weren’t planning on cruising next year. I wish they just given us the extra $100 obc like they did with the other sailings. Why was the May 28 sailing the only one that didn’t get the extra obc outside of the original change???

Does FCC mean the following: Original Cruise is $1500 per guest for total of $3000 paid for Alaskan Cruise on Crown. FCC is 50% of the $1500 for $750/guest for a total of $1500 to put down on a future cruise within 2023? 

Edited by SmedonSeas
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, JeffT237 said:

Just received my email as well, very satisfied that Princess increased the FCC.  In all of my communications with Princess I asked for a 50% FCC, this is fair in my opinion.  We were on the May 7th sailing, I wonder if all the Crown sailings this summer will receive the same increase.  Already looking forward to Alaska 2023!

So it worked. Next year is 50% off due to Goodwill non-transferable nonrefundable FCC. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SmedonSeas said:

Does FCC mean the following: Original Cruise is $1500 per guest for total of $3000 paid for Alaskan Cruise on Crown. FCC is 50% of the $1500 for $750/guest for a total of $1500 to put down on a future cruise within 2023? 

Is it 50% of cruise fare not total amount paid? Assume taxes / fees / port charges / insurance not included

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OKCruiseMan said:

I've never had a FCC before. How long before it will show on my account? Do they split it between my wife and I or is it normally on one account?

Larry, it will appear on each travelers separate account to be used by that person only. If you log into your Princess account you can see it here:: (this is what it looks like on the phone)

20220625_100438.jpg

Then click on the Cruise Credits link and you can see when the FCC expire worthless

Edited by Ombud

54 minutes ago, SmedonSeas said:

Yes.  

If you book a cruise for the two of you and the fare for that cruise is $2,000,  you will only have to pay $500.

If you book a cruise for the two of you and the fare for that cruise is $10.000,  you will only have to pay $8,500.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OKCruiseMan said:

I've never had a FCC before. How long before it will show on my account? Do they split it between my wife and I or is it normally on one account?

The original 20% FCC was in my account and my wife's account upon our return from the May 7th sailing, customer solutions called me earlier this week which I totally appreciated, and told me we were getting the increase to a 50% FCC and it should show up in our accounts within 30 days and the email came the next day with the timeframe of "within 2 weeks"

59 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Is it 50% of cruise fare not total amount paid? Assume taxes / fees / port charges / insurance not included

Correct, the amount is for the fare paid and taxes & fees are excluded from the FCC amount.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MarcsSharon said:

Amen…finally Princess is doing the right thing. So so happy. 

I agree with what you are saying about those that have sailed on the Crown.  However, I also feel that The right thing would be to not continue sailing the Crown.

• Like 1

It looks like they changed the Crown out for another ship next year.  I am still going to go on Princess again, maybe Discovery cause that one is hitting all it's ports on time, cause the service I received on board was amazing and I had a great time, even with everything that was missed.

2 hours ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

I agree with what you are saying about those that have sailed on the Crown.  However, I also feel that The right thing would be to not continue sailing the Crown.

And I agree with you. The Crown should be pulled. We were on the June 4th sailing and the disappointment lingers, however, we booked another cruise while on board and appreciative the FCC.

• Like 1

Got my email too, I was also wondering if everyone on the whole season will get it. Now, I've read the Sky is experiencing propulsion issues too due to a generator, maybe the new ships aren't necessarily the best either.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 8:15 PM, Crow9 said:

It looks like they changed the Crown out for another ship next year.  I am still going to go on Princess again, maybe Discovery cause that one is hitting all it's ports on time, cause the service I received on board was amazing and I had a great time, even with everything that was missed.

We loved the Discovery Princess!  

• Like 1