Ok i know this used to be a hot topic but....

matymil

2 hours ago, jsglow said:

Susan, we've ALL seen it.  I'm simply saying it's NOT policy and a diner could very certainly be turned away thereby giving the OP accurate info.  Nothing more, nothing less. Have a nice day.

Appreciate it. Thank you

• Like 1

9 hours ago, matymil said:

It's cool, thanks though. I'm not really a big fan of elegant night to begin with. I'll go to the MDR the other nights 

Understand. But check out the menu on those nights. If you like the menu, don’t sweat the dress code. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 10:28 AM, Purvis1231 said:

We just got off the Breeze, we noticed the elegant night dress code was not enforced in the anytime dining room- cannot speak to the set-time. There were ball caps, cowboy hats, jeans, and shorts.  But with that said most people followed the dress code.

I wish carnival would get rid of elegant nights and instead make the steak house have "super elegant" night for those who want to dress up. I think it's a shame that some people pass up eating in the MDR on these nights because of the recommended dress code. Let's face it Carniva'sl elegant nights are really anything but so why have them in the MDR.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, CruzCra-Z said:

I wish carnival would get rid of elegant nights and instead make the steak house have "super elegant" night for those who want to dress up. I think it's a shame that some people pass up eating in the MDR on these nights because of the recommended dress code. Let's face it Carniva'sl elegant nights are really anything but so why have them in the MDR.

Great idea. I'd be willing to forego watching people with polo shirts on, who think that they're wearing fancy duds. Nothing against Polo shirts, and, they don't ruin my meal or time eating. 

4 hours ago, CruzCra-Z said:

I wish carnival would get rid of elegant nights and instead make the steak house have "super elegant" night for those who want to dress up. I think it's a shame that some people pass up eating in the MDR on these nights because of the recommended dress code. Let's face it Carnival's elegant nights are really anything but so why have them in the MDR.

I personally, think it is fine now with most people wearing mostly nice clothes but in the long run elegant will disappear. I do notice that some people dress up every night.

15 hours ago, Bernardo62 said:

Now someone did their homework!! Straight from Carnival..... Can't go wrong with this!! Or go with people OPINIONS!

Regurgitating what is on Carnival's website doesn't mean a thing if the rules are not enforced on board.  It's not an opinion if a poster is giving factual information from first hand experience on multiple ships on what they see with their own two eyes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CruzCra-Z said:

That's a great idea

12 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Regurgitating what is on Carnival's website doesn't mean a thing if the rules are not enforced on board.  It's not an opinion if a poster is giving factual information from first hand experience on multiple ships on what they see with their own two eyes.

Giving HALF of facts even with your owe eyes!!

Carnival website is gospel, not what your eyes see!!

Just off the Mardi Gras and wore shorts into Rudi's.  No one said a word even though they are not allowed.  I saw a bunch of dress shorts.  People need to relax a bit, IMO.  The fact that I wore dress shorts didn't ruin anyone's time.  I would be willing to bet no one noticed.  Fahrenheit 555 is no different.   Just be comfortable.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bernardo62 said:

Giving HALF of facts even with your owe eyes!!

Carnival website is gospel, not what your eyes see!!

Carnival's website is not gospel since they do not enforce all of their own rules.  There is zero consistency from ship to ship and even sailing to sailing.  Quit guzzling the Carnival Kool Aid and get a dose of reality.

8 hours ago, Caps_Shield said:

Just off the Mardi Gras and wore shorts into Rudi's.  No one said a word even though they are not allowed.  I saw a bunch of dress shorts.  People need to relax a bit, IMO.  The fact that I wore dress shorts didn't ruin anyone's time.  I would be willing to bet no one noticed.  Fahrenheit 555 is no different.   Just be comfortable.  

That's blasphemy that goes against the Carnival gospel. 🤣

My family and I were recently on the Mardi Gras,  We had prepaid for a reservation in the steakhouse formal night.  (we were a party of 11) my nieces fiance had some of his luggage go missing with the airline and only had shorts. When they confirmed the reservation and said no shorts,  I explained that one of the members had nothing but shorts.  When they insisted I then told them to cancel the reservation, as we couldn't meet the dress code.  Suddenly they could seat us at a private table where no one else would have to look at us.

When we went for our reservation there was another large party and the men in their party also were wearing shorts.  They were also allowed to enter

11 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Carnival's website is not gospel since they do not enforce all of their own rules.  There is zero consistency from ship to ship and even sailing to sailing.  Quit guzzling the Carnival Kool Aid and get a dose of reality.

There is zero consistency from ship to ship and even sailing to sailing.  TRUE STATEMENT

But you can't say what happen on your cruise will or will not not happen on the next cruise!!

So Carnival's website is your guide!