AON travel insurance claim

Is anyone else having issues with getting a refund from AON?  i submitted a claim in early April and hav snot heard anything.  when i checked the status it just says “assigned” and not yet in progress.  when I contacted them by phone all I get is that they haven’t got to the claim yet and that it can take up to 6 months to process. 

Posted (edited)

Not AON but I did file a claim for a Trip Delay issue with another travel insurance provider.

My claim sat like yours for about 8 weeks. I then filed a complaint with my states Insurance Commissioner because in my State (Washington) the law clearly states that the provider has 30 days after they receive the claim to make a final decision. About a week later, I received my check.

FWIW: I'm sure the insurance companies are struggling post pandemic just like every other company in the world with finding people. An insurance broker that I use said to expect the claims process to take longer than we were used to in the past. (Not that I care one way or the other. That's a THEM problem, not a ME/Customer problem)

Edited by klfrodo

I don't recall who our provider was but we filed a detailed claim for a trip (not cruise related) around April 10th and received payment maybe around June 1st after having briefly contacted our agent who may have made a phone call to spur things along. In our case, we incurred expense because of a positive test (and required quarantine) attempting to fly home from Germany.

No way we take a 'big' trip without insurance right now.  Both our August Alaska Cruisetour and our October European cruise are insured. A 5 nighter out of Miami where my only unrecoverable expense is the pre-cruise hotel... nope.

Posted (edited)

I submitted a claim with our travel insurance this past February after testing positive and denied boarding. Besides periodic automated email stating due to volume of claims processing would be delayed I heard nothing. This past Saturday received check in the mail so about 4 months. 

Edited by coffeemom67
grammer