Live from the Regal - July 2-23 - Med Cruise - R/T Barcelona

Ken the cruiser

32 minutes ago, RV Queen said:

Ken, did you have to fill out a SpTH (Spain Travel Health Form before entry and get a QR code for entry?

No. However, we did have to show the Spanish Customs folks at the airport our CDC vaccination card proving we were at least fully vaccinated before we were allowed to go and pick up our baggage.

27 minutes ago, JP350 said:

@Ken the cruiserHow did the TV show impact you. If it did at all. I'm just wondering if it was like an inconvenience or a distraction with the cameras around everywhere. 

Not at all. In fact, it just made the cruise a little more unique. But then, we never really hung out where they were filming, just maybe when we were passing by on occasion. That is except when we ate lunch near Outriggers on port days. We saw them filming up there at least twice, but they weren't bothering anybody.

17 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Not at all. In fact, it just made the cruise a little more unique. But then, we never really hung out where they were filming, just maybe when we were passing by on occasion. That is except when we ate lunch near Outriggers on port days. We saw them filming up there at least twice, but they weren't bothering anybody.

That's good I'm just glad it isn't a large scale production. I'm sure everybody who was on the ship will be watching every episode just to see if they got in the shot somehow. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Billish said:

I'm not Ken (obvs) but no conditioner in the showers. 

Wasn’t it a 2 in 1 where both the shampoo and conditioner were mixed together, or was that a perk for booking a CC mini suite? In any event if there was conditioner in the combo we were given in the shower dispenser, it definitely was a cheaper quality than  2 in 1 combo I use back home. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

22 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Wasn’t it a 2 in 1 where both the shampoo and conditioner were mixed together, or was that a perk for booking a CC mini suite? In any event if there was conditioner in the combo we were given in the shower dispenser, it definitely was a cheaper quality than  2 in 1 combo I use back home. 

We were in a cc minisuite and had a combo shampoo and a bath gel. I wash my hair with anything.

DW brought along various shampoos, conditioners etc, and declared that even if hell froze over,  she would not wash her hair with the Princess shampoo ! 

• Like 2

For those interested we are getting ready to board the Celebrity Summit, a revolutionized M-Class ship, on Sunday for a 24 day B2B from NJ to Canada, Greenland and Iceland and then back to Boston. We will be in an aft-facing Aqua cabin, which we are so looking forward to, and will be posting both our onboard experiences as well as our adventures ashore to my following thread. As we had so much fun on our recent Med cruise on the Regal, it will be interesting to compare experiences as they are still very clear in our minds. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

For those interested we are getting ready to board the Celebrity Summit, a revolutionized M-Class ship, on Sunday for a 24 day B2B from NJ to Canada, Greenland and Iceland and then back to Boston. We will be in an aft-facing Aqua cabin, which we are so looking forward to, and will be posting both our onboard experiences as well as our adventures ashore to my following thread. As we had so much fun on our recent Med cruise on the Regal, it will be interesting to compare experiences as they are still very clear in our minds. 

I followed your live Regal thread as we sail on the 27th of this month, this is only our 2nd Princess cruise.  Our usual line is Celebrity.  We were just on the Summit to Bermuda in June, so I will be following along on your Summit Cruise.  I love your live thread.  Looking forward to it.

1 minute ago, doodlefan said:

I followed your live Regal thread as we sail on the 27th of this month, this is only our 2nd Princess cruise.  Our usual line is Celebrity.  We were just on the Summit to Bermuda in June, so I will be following along on your Summit Cruise.  I love your live thread.  Looking forward to it.

Thanks! Hopefully you had a great time on your Summit cruise and will have an even better time on your upcoming Regal cruise, especially if most of the kids are back in school!!! 😂

Hello on Regal in June of 2023.   Wanted to connect with another couple who would like to share a RT. Uber to St Andrews Golf course.    It is about hour ride and approx $70.00+tip one way.   Want to spend 3-4 hrs there seeing golf course and shopping in town

1 hour ago, jam-mac said:

Hello on Regal in June of 2023.   Wanted to connect with another couple who would like to share a RT. Uber to St Andrews Golf course.    It is about hour ride and approx $70.00+tip one way.   Want to spend 3-4 hrs there seeing golf course and shopping in town

You should be looking up the Roll Call for your voyage and ask folks on there if someone else is interested.

On 7/27/2022 at 8:54 PM, JP350 said:

@Ken the cruiserHow did the TV show impact you. If it did at all. I'm just wondering if it was like an inconvenience or a distraction with the cameras around everywhere. 

By the end of the cruise we were really fed up with the filming. It spoilt  our last hour in the Sanctuary as the tv crew had taken over the whole port side. They started setting up for a 5.30 pm shoot an hour earlier and was making a racket. So much so one of the actors came over to apologise.

Then on the last day in the Outrigger bar a cameraman wanted to film the ship’s wake. Made no attempt to excuse himself as he passed by us and didn’t retract the camera tripod legs. The wife flipped! Told him in no uncertain terms how rude he was.

Club 6 was off limits to passengers the whole cruise which meant the Vista lounge became the place to go late at night.

Allegro restaurant was partially close the whole time too for the film crew.

There were some 150 TV people aboard according to guest relations.

• Thanks 4

Ken I’ve just read through this entire thread and your posts were informative and your photos awesome.

A question, I’m not new to cruising but all my cruises have been on NCL, I booked the Regal for British Isle July 19 2023. 
it’s myself, son, dil and 8 year old grandson I’m getting nervous as I’m not dragging formal clothes across the pond. I cruise to relax, unwind and explore the beautiful world. Will I fit in on a cruise on Princess?

5 minutes ago, njkate said:

Ken I’ve just read through this entire thread and your posts were informative and your photos awesome.

A question, I’m not new to cruising but all my cruises have been on NCL, I booked the Regal for British Isle July 19 2023. 
it’s myself, son, dil and 8 year old grandson I’m getting nervous as I’m not dragging formal clothes across the pond. I cruise to relax, unwind and explore the beautiful world. Will I fit in on a cruise on Princess?

I'm not Ken but lack of formal clothes shouldn't be an issue. DH wears a long sleeve shirt, sometimes but not always a tie, and khaki's or darker pants (like Dockers). Never had a problem.

We did BI on Royal a few years ago, loved it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, njkate said:

It seems to be a lot more relaxed since the restart. My DH takes slacks, sport coat and dress shoes.  He doesn’t want to wear a tie any more.  No problem!  And I just wear dressy top, dress pants and dress shoes.  Not formal at all. 

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

It seems to be a lot more relaxed since the restart. My DH takes slacks, sport coat and dress shoes.  He doesn’t want to wear a tie any more.  No problem!  And I just wear dressy top, dress pants and dress shoes.  Not formal at all. 

That’s too dressy for me. My go to is Sun dress, capris and sandals especially trying to travel with strictly carry on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Not more relaxed when sailing from the UK

• Like 1