Quick Passport Renewal 3 weeks complete

Still waiting for mine, I did not pay the extra $60, they received mine in Philadelphia on June 9th. Which office did you send yours to?

The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 06/09/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents.

You requested routine service when you applied. Routine service can take 8-11 weeks. Our processing times begin the day we receive your application at a passport agency or center, not the day you mail your application or apply at a local acceptance facility.

Edited by Jimbo

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Still waiting for mine, I did not pay the extra $60, they received mine in Philadelphia on June 9th. Which office did you send yours to?

The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 06/09/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents.

You requested routine service when you applied. Routine service can take 8-11 weeks. Our processing times begin the day we receive your application at a passport agency or center, not the day you mail your application or apply at a local acceptance facility.

I sent mine to Philadelphia but they farm them out from there.  Mine got processed at Charleston.  I didn't know that until I started looking at FP pages.  When they give you a locator number the first 2 digits give you the location.  Mine was 34.  You would have to google or search FB to find out which numbers go to which processing centers.  Although not really needed the timing worked for me.  Got mine Tuesday and I sail Monday.

20 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I sent mine to Philadelphia but they farm them out from there.  Mine got processed at Charleston.  I didn't know that until I started looking at FP pages.  When they give you a locator number the first 2 digits give you the location.  Mine was 34.  You would have to google or search FB to find out which numbers go to which processing centers.  Although not really needed the timing worked for me.  Got mine Tuesday and I sail Monday.

Mine is also 34, but no need for mine anytime soon.

On 6/30/2022 at 12:14 PM, molly361 said:

I'm curious as to where mine is being processed. Couldn't get google to bring up any useful info. Do you have link to share? My processing center is 42 in case you know where that is 🙂

20 minutes ago, seasidemama said:

I'm curious as to where mine is being processed. Couldn't get google to bring up any useful info. Do you have link to share? My processing center is 42 in case you know where that is 🙂

New OrleansNo photo description available.

10 minutes ago, seasidemama said:

@molly361 thanks so much! How my application ended up in New Orleans is beyond me. I submitted this in NYC...🤪 I hope they work quickly. It's been 3.5 weeks since they received it and still processing. I did pay the $60 to expedite.

I got mine exactly 4 weeks to the day that they started processing it.  I paid for return expediated shipping as well.  Sent mine to Phil and it ended up in Charleston

• Like 1

Just now, Another_Critic said:

From google searches, it appears that 69 (and 68) is New Hampshire.

I found the list when I found a FB passport group- along with their phone number- thank you for the info...Bernadette

I still can't believe our renewals made it out and back in 13 days.  That was back in March/April.  I did not pay for expedited service, but I did sent them out via Priority Mail. 

On 6/30/2022 at 12:07 PM, Jimbo said:

Ours went to Philadelphia also. perhaps just a different desk. Hope you get yours in a timely manner. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2022 at 12:06 PM, BratDet said:

I found the list when I found a FB passport group- along with their phone number- thank you for the info...Bernadette

Mine went to New Hampshire. It has now been 8 weeks since they received them.

Just to add to this.   

I sent mine out June 6th and received it July 14.   I did not pay for expediting and mailed it in a regular envelope.  5 weeks.

I sent my daughter's (who is 25) out on June 14 and she got hers back on July 6.   No expedited fees and sent it in a regular envelope.  3 weeks

I must be the sketchy one in the family.

• 3 weeks later...

I mailed in my wife's passport renewal, expedite service, on July 21st.  Passport Office received it on July 24th.  Just got an email today saying renewed passport book is in the mail and should be received by August 12th.  

I just sent it in expedite service because we needed a new one for a late October 2022 Italian cruise.  I was worried I wouldn't get it back in time if I mailed it without expedite service.  I'm just wondering if it was just a wasted $60 for expedite service since turnaround time was  within 5-7 weeks.  Actually got it in 3 weeks.  

My husband sent his passport renewal in the end of June for regular processing. We found out two weeks later that he was $10 short on the fee so he resent it with additional funds plus $60 for expedited processing on July 19. Three weeks later his check for the additional money sent in still hasn't been cashed and still no updates to his account. We cruise in 4 weeks.  We are starting to get nervous. Keeping our fingers crossed!

31 minutes ago, stjohnbeachlover said:

My husband sent his passport renewal in the end of June for regular processing. We found out two weeks later that he was $10 short on the fee so he resent it with additional funds plus $60 for expedited processing on July 19. Three weeks later his check for the additional money sent in still hasn't been cashed and still no updates to his account. We cruise in 4 weeks.  We are starting to get nervous. Keeping our fingers crossed!

This was on the email that we got.  I would call to check on it.

If you are traveling within two weeks and have not received your passport, please contact the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 (or TDD/TTY 1-888-874-7793) with your application locator number.

3 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

This was on the email that we got.  I would call to check on it.

If you are traveling within two weeks and have not received your passport, please contact the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 (or TDD/TTY 1-888-874-7793) with your application locator number.

Thanks for the information. If we don't hear anything soon, we will contact that phone number.