So disappointed with Royal Caribbean

On 7/7/2022 at 2:00 AM, tx121 said:

yes it is an older production but it is still enjoyable to watch and not passed it’s prime (meaning it is still popular) unlike cats, grease, we will rock you. 

Yikes! I will be on Anthem in a month and so far Spectra, The Gift and We will Rock You have been mentioned as not enjoyable!  Maybe the juggler will be good...haha

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, handbellplayer said:

Loved CATS on land and loved it on the ship.  That being said, after several cruises on Oasis, I'm ready to see them change to something else.

BTW - Watched Hamilton (the TV version).  I didn't last 10 minutes.  To each his own!

i agree the first 10 minutes or so of Hamilton, we were like what the heck is this, but stuck it out because I loved the talent and the guy who played the King was the absolute best part of the whole show. He was hysterical.

funny that I didn’t even follow the storyline…. Just watched them sing.

Everyone has different tastes and that’s what makes it interesting.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You know, CATS is only one of the shows.

And Oasis has much better dining options.

Aqua80 is much better than Allure's dive show, and might be the best dive show in the fleet.

Frozen in Time is better than the Monopoly themed show on Allure. 

Mama Mia is very good, enjoy it while you can

I agree that the Aqua and ice shows are better on Oasis. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I realize this post was in jest, but since I’m here commenting I’ll throw my two cents that I think the best show I’ve seen so far on any Royal ship is The Book on Odyssey. Everything about it was fantastic. But I also love Mamma Mia.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Aqua80 is much better than Allure's dive show, and might be the best dive show in the fleet.

Oasis does have an awesome ice show. I can take or leave Monopoly on Allure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Now if they could put Mamma Mia, Aqua80, Flight, and Frozen in Time on the same ship…………..

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ravenjls said:

Yikes! I will be on Anthem in a month and so far Spectra, The Gift and We will Rock You have been mentioned as not enjoyable!  Maybe the juggler will be good...haha

We liked them our first time.  We just didn’t enjoy them enough to go back a second time.  We did enjoy the Book on the Anthem, we went back a second time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The Monopoly theme is horrible, and the gambling show on Adventure even worse.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I realize this post was in jest, but since I’m here commenting I’ll throw my two cents that I think the best show I’ve seen so far on any Royal ship is The Book on Odyssey. Everything about it was fantastic. But I also love Mamma Mia.

The Book is a love it or hate it show. I guess your seat has a lot to do with it. I like it.

Just now, John&LaLa said:

The Book is a love it or hate it show. I guess your seat has a lot to do with it. I like it.

I just thought it was weird and I got bored.  I guess I'm in the hate it category.

• Like 1

Ok I clearly have very different ideas as to what good musical theater is.  Mamma Mia is bad elevator music.  I mean BAD old, outdated elevator music!!!  You didn’t follow the storyline in Hamilton? Like the revolutionary war? the creation of the constitution? Our modern treasury system?  Yes King George is hysterical but that was your takeaway?  Not the intricate lyrics?  The ingenious staging of Rewind?  Daveed Diggs spitfire rapping as Lafayette?  Chris Jackson’s inspired portrayal of Washington?  OMG I feel like I must be watching a different show!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, poocher said:

Ok I clearly have very different ideas as to what good musical theater is.  Mamma Mia is bad elevator music.  I mean BAD old, outdated elevator music!!!  You didn’t follow the storyline in Hamilton? Like the revolutionary war? the creation of the constitution? Our modern treasury system?  Yes King George is hysterical but that was your takeaway?  Not the intricate lyrics?  The ingenious staging of Rewind?  Daveed Diggs spitfire rapping as Lafayette?  Chris Jackson’s inspired portrayal of Washington?  OMG I feel like I must be watching a different show!!!

It’s cool that we all have different -  but just as good - tastes and views. 

I liked Mamma Mia for memories it rekindled, not necessarily the plot.

In the beginning of Hamilton both of us couldn’t understand what they were singing. We turned up the volume and ended up putting on subtitles. I do understand the history but I was more blown away by the talent….they are all extremely talented. But the king just cracked me up. After the first 10 minutes  Hamilton we were hooked. I’ve seen it a few times now. 

edited to add that I would LOVE to see that on a ship!!

Edited by lovesthebeach2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ravenjls said:

I have seen We will Rock you three times and absolutely love it.   I guess you have to enjoy Queen’s music.   I have to agree with others that I was not a fan of The Gift or Spectra.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

It’s cool that we all have different -  but just as good - tastes and views. 

I liked Mamma Mia for memories it rekindled, not necessarily the plot.

In the beginning of Hamilton both of us couldn’t understand what they were singing. We turned up the volume and ended up putting on subtitles. I do understand the history but I was more blown away by the talent….they are all extremely talented. But the king just cracked me up. After the first 10 minutes  Hamilton we were hooked. I’ve seen it a few times now. 

edited to add that I would LOVE to see that on a ship!!

I cry like a baby every time I hear Unimaginable and the finale.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I agree. On our 8 day odyssey cruise we went to the book twice which is unusual for us

On 7/6/2022 at 11:02 PM, Another_Critic said:

I keep punishing myself each cruise by giving Spectra's Cabaret another chance.  😞

We were at a show and next to us was one of those VIP reserved tables with a guy and his wife. We were watching it and all of a sudden he says, really loudly, "what the *&^ is this??" Extra entertainment for us lol.

Edited by marci22
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, poocher said:

I've found people that don't like Hamilton are turned off by the casting of the characters😉

Probably haven't even seen it

I still haven't seen it yet, so I have no opinion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ravenjls said:

We truly enjoyed every show on Anthem. We've seen all 3 at least three times each. I enjoyed The Book more this last time because they've re-tooled it a little bit to make the story more understandable. The juggler was also a comedian and he was really funny.

Edited by MommaBear55
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I've found people that don't like Hamilton are turned off by the casting of the characters😉

Probably haven't even seen it

I still haven't seen it yet, so I have no opinion.

I think you may be right in a lot of cases.  God forbid it reflects the diversity of our country.

Watch it John, it is amazing theater.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1