So disappointed with Royal Caribbean

Four letter word...... CATS!!!!!

My oh my what a train wreck!   Some people in a board room somewhere actually said, "This is great!  Let's make this a featured show on one of our premier cruise ships.  We'll make millions!"

Do the actors and actresses actually enjoy performing in this debacle?  

I will never watch this show again.

Choice: Walk barefoot over hot coals, then broken glass, then rusty nails, then cute kittens or.... rewatch Cats?  Easy decision.

Edited by soremekun
  • Like 5
  • Haha 30

• soremekun changed the title to So disappointed with Royal Caribbean
17 minutes ago, soremekun said:

Four letter word...... CATS!!!!!

My oh my what a train wreck!   Some people in a board room somewhere actually said, "This is great!  Let's make this a featured show on one of our premier cruise ships.  We'll make millions!"

Do the actors and actresses actually enjoy performing in this debacle?  

I will never watch this show again.

Choice: Walk barefoot over hot coals, then broken glass, then rusty nails, then cute kittens or.... rewatch Cats?  Easy decision.

Are you currently on oasis?

7 minutes ago, flamingos said:

Have you seen it performed anywhere else?  It's not your normal Broadway play, and I was never impressed with it. What, specifically, was bad about it?

The music, plot, costumes, beginning, middle, end,etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

People either love it or hate it.  There is no real story line or plot.  It's supposed to be about a cat chosen to be reborn but in the end you don't really know why the cat was chosen or anything about the cat and by that time you have either fallen asleep or walked out. 

1 minute ago, soremekun said:

Yup.  And it went over by seven minutes.  Glutton for punishment?

I am not one for musicals of any kind. I will go to variety shows though .

But not that guy with the whip show .

17 minutes ago, soremekun said:

The music, plot, costumes, beginning, middle, end,etc.

There is no plot; it has one good song, and the costumes are interesting. Sounds like CATS to me.  🙂

It was the biggest show on Broadway for a dozen years or so.  Go figure.

We skipped the touring production when it came to town this last time.  That said, it is a very good musical.  The ship version is actually well done.  That said, a show about silly cats, and ascending into t heaven to be reborn as a CAT… isn’t exactly right down most people’s alley.  I think it is infinitely better than Hairspray, or we will rock you, or the music man, or Kinky Boots, or a bazillion other musicals.

It is not Les Miz, or Miss Saigon, or Evita, or Jesus Christ Superstar, or Fiddler on the Roof.

Some of the songs are a bit silly, but if at the end you are not tearing up at Memory, you have no heart.  Or you have never had a pet.

JMHO and YMMV

jc

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Watched it on Oasis from start to finish lol.  Lots of people left mid-show, but I just couldn't.  I needed something to bring closure to that 90 minute chapter of my life and had to see it through to the end.

For whatever reason, Cats is a longtime-running Broadway show, so there has to be people out there watch it.

For what it's worth, I think the crew did a great job, it's just the nature of the storyline.

9 minutes ago, Bound4Bermuda said:

Boarding in 9 days. My 14-year-old theater kid and I are fully prepared for it to be terrible, but we’re going to force ourselves to see it through. Hopefully we can laugh about how bad it is??

I mean, it's well performed.  If you like Cats, you might enjoy it.  But that's a strange breed that likes Cats.  😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, soremekun said:

Yes, do you have a message for the Cats team?

Yes tell them they won’t see me, not a fan. Cats is almost as bad as that abomination on anthem (not queen). Could you post the entertainment schedule if you have it please, thanks.