My Anthem Of The Seas experience

Many of you know I have been on this forum almost since the beginning and have posted many many reviews over the years. 

We recently sailed on the beautiful Anthem Of The Seas from Southampton, it was simply amazing. 

We decided we were tired of the same old ports, same ship and it was time to change it up a little bit.   We booked the June 17th sailing of the Anthem about 45 days out, no passports for the kids, no flights booked, and it all just worked out. 

To make things even better we got a Royal up to OS 12238 about 3 weeks before sailing, this got our excitement even higher.   The stress of sailing from Europe was a little higher than cruising from 45 min from home, air travel, flight connections, bags showing up, COVID tests etc etc BUT again it all worked out.

We did something different on this sailing, we decided to do videos during the cruise and post them on YouTube to share with fellow cruisers as we cruised.   We had SO much fun and did this just for FUN and to share with people, NO desire to do this all the time.   

Tonight I posted our first video of traveling to Europe from Orlando, check it out.   I will post the boarding and day 1 video later this week and more to come over the next few.  Just wanted to share with my fellow cruisers:) 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Glad you had a,good cruise. Love Anthem.  Perfect cool weather ship with the big indoor pools and lovely Solarium. Living in the UK it's so easy to have a short drive to the port and park right outside the ship. The porters come to your car to get the bags and next time you see them they are in your room. 

We were booked on Anthem in September but have had to cancel due family commitments, next year maybe 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Enjoyed your video! Did you fly from MCO to Heathrow or Gatwick? Also, I could not really tell from the video, did you rent a car and drive to Southampton, or did you arrange for private transport?

Hi There, 

We flew from Orlando to Dublin with a quick change of planes over to Heathrow. 

I arranged for ground transportation in advance, the driver was there an hour early which was super amazing and got us to Southampton early. 

9 minutes ago, skyking said:

Hi There, 

I arranged for ground transportation in advance, the driver was there an hour early which was super amazing and got us to Southampton early. 

Thank you so much!!!

6 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Thanks for sharing! 💕 DH and I are sailing on Anthem for the first time at the end of September so will be eagerly following your adventures.

You are in for an absolute treat. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, skyking said:

Hi There, 

Did you go thru BlackBerry cars?

We used them in ‘16 and the driver actually waited 2 full hrs while we cleared passport control.  Was waiting outside our hotel for our return trip to LHR.  
Great service!

3 hours ago, Cobra1365 said:

Did you go thru BlackBerry cars?

We used them in ‘16 and the driver actually waited 2 full hrs while we cleared passport control.  Was waiting outside our hotel for our return trip to LHR.  
Great service!

That's not who it was, another company that uses contract drivers.   We had a great experience!

Hello All, 

Thank you for the awesome comments.   Here is day 2 and 3!

Sadly we didn't take a lot of video on the sea day, which I guess is a good thing right? 🙂

In La Rochelle we took a lot of video, but not a lot of dialogue soooooo I added some music for your viewing pleasure.   Anyone have any questions about the beautiful Anthem let me know:) 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Peggy and Mossey said:

WoW, such great videos 🙂 Thanks so much.

I look forward to the next !!

Thank you for kind words, I am new to this so editing has been a bit challenging, so I appreciate it.

I’ve been on almost all of the Royal ships and Anthem is my favorite.  I’ve sailed on her 3 times and will again in 2 weeks and again 2 times in 2013.  

As a side note, we used Blackberry car service when we were in London last year and they were fabulous!

23 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

I’ve been on almost all of the Royal ships and Anthem is my favorite.  I’ve sailed on her 3 times and will again in 2 weeks and again 2 times in 2023.  These videos are making me more excited than I already was.

As a side note, we used Blackberry car service when we were in London last year and they were fabulous!

On 7/14/2022 at 8:52 AM, skyking said:

Hello All, 

Thank you for the awesome comments.   Here is day 2 and 3!

Sadly we didn't take a lot of video on the sea day, which I guess is a good thing right? 🙂

In La Rochelle we took a lot of video, but not a lot of dialogue soooooo I added some music for your viewing pleasure.   Anyone have any questions about the beautiful Anthem let me know:) 

video is impressive.  thank you for sharing!

1 hour ago, Montanagirlalways said:

video is impressive.  thank you for sharing!

Thank you so so much, this is our first time doing this. 

We should have two more video to post and a stand alone video on Normandy.  

Stay tuned!

• Like 1