Europe COVID protocols

The other thread was closed. Let’s avoid the usual discussions of whether we should test or vaccinate and just focus on Royal updates on COVID protocols in Europe. 

Those sailing on Wonder sailings August have received COVID protocols and they only mention vaccination. 

image.thumb.png.fa5771ab42dbd8ca63970eca1d727291.png
If you click on “visit our health center” at the bottom, all mention of testing is gone. Only the vaccination requirement for ages 12+ remains. 

Edited by pyrateslife4me84

I’m sailing on Jewel out of Amsterdam, leaving August 19, and so far everything still mentions testing (no more than 2 days before for vaccinated guests, no more than 1 day before for unvaccinated). Been keeping an eye out since other cruise lines announced they were dropping the requirement. 

Healthy Cruising
Your health and safety remain our top priority. Please review the requirements for a safe and memorable cruise vacation. Check our app for updates to these requirements as well as details for your cruise.
SHIP
Wonder Of The Seas
SAIL DATES
August 14 — 16th

Preparing for your cruise

Here's what you need to know for your upcoming cruise.
  • royal health icon
    Vaccination
    All guests 12 and older must show documentation of their full vaccination given at least 14 days before sailing (not counting your sail date). For the best European experience, we recommend guests be up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccination. To be considered up-to-date: - guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and their booster if the second vaccine dose was administered over 270 days (9 months) ago - their vaccine dose must be on the list of EMA approved vaccines Children 5-11 who present proof of full vaccination and are up-to-date may follow the protocols for up-to-date guests. Royal Caribbean accepts vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the U.S. FDA or the World Health Organization, with the exception of CanSino.
  • royal health icon
    Entry requirements
    It's critical you review travel guidance issued by each country you'll be visiting on your sailing prior to travel, including your sailing's departure port. Failure to meet the requirements for each country will result in denial of boarding.
  • royal health icon
    Port stops
    Fully vaccinated guests can visit most ports freely. Depending on their itinerary, guests who are not up-to-date with their vaccines/boosters may require multiple tests to disembark in ports of call. Local health and safety guidance must be followed at each port of call.
  • royal health icon
    Protocols subject to change
    All health and safety protocols are subject to change. We are committed to communicating any updates that may occur prior to your cruise. Future protocols may include booster requirements, lowered vaccination ages, and/or changes to testing. While not currently required, vaccine boosters are recommended.
  • royal health icon
    Source
    Information about COVID-19 symptoms presented here is sourced from the CDC.
  • royal health icon
    Certificate of Recovery
    A Certificate of Recovery and a positive PCR test taken between 11-90 days prior to our sail date can be provided in place of a negative pre-cruise test to sail with us. Please note: we will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in the place of a vaccination record. Some ports of call do not accept Certificates of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination.

1 hour ago, jacobtsf said:

I’m sailing on Jewel out of Amsterdam, leaving August 19, and so far everything still mentions testing (no more than 2 days before for vaccinated guests, no more than 1 day before for unvaccinated). Been keeping an eye out since other cruise lines announced they were dropping the requirement. 

Looks promising. 

9FDC27C9-266C-439C-9B00-1146CB6FBD3B.thumb.jpeg.108feef1dbb27f799cd3a99d59451eef.jpeg

1 hour ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:
Healthy Cruising
Your health and safety remain our top priority. Please review the requirements for a safe and memorable cruise vacation. Check our app for updates to these requirements as well as details for your cruise.
SHIP
Wonder Of The Seas
SAIL DATES
August 14 — 16th

Preparing for your cruise

Here's what you need to know for your upcoming cruise.
  • royal health icon
    Vaccination
    All guests 12 and older must show documentation of their full vaccination given at least 14 days before sailing (not counting your sail date). For the best European experience, we recommend guests be up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccination. To be considered up-to-date: - guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and their booster if the second vaccine dose was administered over 270 days (9 months) ago - their vaccine dose must be on the list of EMA approved vaccines Children 5-11 who present proof of full vaccination and are up-to-date may follow the protocols for up-to-date guests. Royal Caribbean accepts vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the U.S. FDA or the World Health Organization, with the exception of CanSino.
  • royal health icon
    Entry requirements
    It's critical you review travel guidance issued by each country you'll be visiting on your sailing prior to travel, including your sailing's departure port. Failure to meet the requirements for each country will result in denial of boarding.
  • royal health icon
    Port stops
    Fully vaccinated guests can visit most ports freely. Depending on their itinerary, guests who are not up-to-date with their vaccines/boosters may require multiple tests to disembark in ports of call. Local health and safety guidance must be followed at each port of call.
  • royal health icon
    Protocols subject to change
    All health and safety protocols are subject to change. We are committed to communicating any updates that may occur prior to your cruise. Future protocols may include booster requirements, lowered vaccination ages, and/or changes to testing. While not currently required, vaccine boosters are recommended.
  • royal health icon
    Source
    Information about COVID-19 symptoms presented here is sourced from the CDC.
  • royal health icon
    Certificate of Recovery
    A Certificate of Recovery and a positive PCR test taken between 11-90 days prior to our sail date can be provided in place of a negative pre-cruise test to sail with us. Please note: we will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in the place of a vaccination record. Some ports of call do not accept Certificates of Recovery for the purposes of debarking and enjoying the destination.

This still talks about Certificate of Recovery in lieu of negative test.  Hope they just forgot to take that part out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

This still talks about Certificate of Recovery in lieu of negative test.  Hope they just forgot to take that part out.

That may stay in there because it mentions that it can't be used in lieu of vax card.

We are sailing on Wonder on July 31st as well.  Sounds like this might be last cruise required to have negative Covid test result in Europe.  I know they have to pick a date, but why not pick a weekend when many cruises are leaving, not a Monday.

• Like 1

Any idea where is the best place to keep an eye out for any announcements?

We are sailing on Odyssey from Rome on the 4th of Aug so I'm really hoping the testing will be dropped before we sail.  

Edit: Hmm never mind. I've just logged in and this popped up so looks like we'll still need to test 😭
image.png.2f3440cdafa0978c41e1f84c0bd8eab5.png

Edited by dltaeg

49 minutes ago, dltaeg said:

Any idea where is the best place to keep an eye out for any announcements?

We are sailing on Odyssey from Rome on the 4th of Aug so I'm really hoping the testing will be dropped before we sail.  

Edit: Hmm never mind. I've just logged in and this popped up so looks like we'll still need to test 😭
image.png.2f3440cdafa0978c41e1f84c0bd8eab5.png

I posted above a screenshot for my Rome 8/14 Odyssey sailing that did NOT have this testing. However, I just checked and the testing section is back. I guess someone in IT made a mistake (maybe release the update too early?). Curious if someone can check Wonder Barca sailings.

Just now, Biker19 said:

Probably, that section is back for Voyager as well. 

I just noticed that the Voyager protocol says we need a negative test to enter Denmark from within 24 hours of our flight departure time.  

3 minutes ago, flamingos said:

I just noticed that the Voyager protocol says we need a negative test to enter Denmark from within 24 hours of our flight departure time.  

That was there before as well - outdated info. 

10 hours ago, exm said:

I posted above a screenshot for my Rome 8/14 Odyssey sailing that did NOT have this testing. However, I just checked and the testing section is back. I guess someone in IT made a mistake (maybe release the update too early?). Curious if someone can check Wonder Barca sailings.

Yesterday, the app for my Barcelona Wonder 9/25 made no mention of testing - but today it does.  
Same for my Barcelona Vision 10/25 - yesterday no mention, today it’s there again.

Edited by little britain

18 minutes ago, little britain said:

Yesterday, the app for my Barcelona Wonder 9/25 made no mention of testing - but today it does.  
Same for my Barcelona Vision 10/25 - yesterday no mention, today it’s there again.

The same happened with my WOTS Barcelona sailing Aug 7th