My efforts to obtain a refund for quarantine days on the Apex.

quicklabs

I am  starting this thread in order to provide info about our efforts to obtain a refund for the days we spent in quarantine on the Apex.  Perhaps it will be useful to others in this situation as well.

We were moved from a Celebrity Suite to a Deck 3 Oceanview, where I spent 10 days and my husband spent 6 days of our 12 day cruise.  We disembarked on 8 July.

Before we disembarked,  the Quarantine Concierge on the ship had assured me several times that the information about our quarantine would be "in the system" and visible to the  Engagement Center. She directed me to call them when we got home and we got a card with a general  contact number and email. .   She had no other information about the process. 

I called the Celebrity Engagement Center for the first time today and was told that they need to contact the ship directly to get the details of our quarantine period in order to evaluate the situation and our eligibilty for a refund.  Apparently, there is no  information about our quarantine associated with our reservation number, despite what we had been told on the ship.

The person I spoke with today said that she will call me back on Friday.we 

I will provide updates on this thread as I get new information.  Wish me luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

That’s not good,

we were on the Apex last September and was quarantined for 3/4 days with suspected covid but tested negative each day before being released by the doctor. We were informed we would get the credit certificate on the last day of the cruise and that’s exactly what happened.

hope you manage to get it sorted quickly, I just don’t understand why this isn’t a straightforward process for everyone involved especially as the ships have been dealing with this for months now… 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, quicklabs said:

I am  starting this thread in order to provide info about our efforts to obtain a refund for the days we spent in quarantine on the Apex.  Perhaps it will be useful to others in this situation as well.

We were moved from a Celebrity Suite to a Deck 3 Oceanview, where I spent 10 days and my husband spent 6 days of our 12 day cruise.  We disembarked on 8 July.

Before we disembarked,  the Quarantine Concierge on the ship had assured me several times that the information about our quarantine would be "in the system" and visible to the  Engagement Center. She directed me to call them when we got home and we got a card with a general  contact number and email. .   She had no other information about the process. 

I called the Celebrity Engagement Center for the first time today and was told that they need to contact the ship directly to get the details of our quarantine period in order to evaluate the situation and our eligibilty for a refund.  Apparently, there is no  information about our quarantine associated with our reservation number, despite what we had been told on the ship.

What would have been entered on your cruise record is only the dates of your quarantine. 

The policies have completely changed since the other poster 9 months ago.

Have friends that were on Apex in June and quarantined and they were told their credit would be issued in several weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MR_T said:

Maybe, but not sure why if it’s the same policy being offered… 🤷🏼‍♂️

Perhaps the exponential increase in the number of covid cases on board since Omicron has something to do with it.

We also handled our directly even though booked with an agent.   I had a bad experience with my agent and she stiffed me on my last 2 cruises for the promised OBC's.   These were the last two cruises I had booked with her and knew I couldn't expect anything from her.  

Engagement Center worked well with us and finally got the last part of our reimbursement after about 45 days.    The longest to be refunded was the next cruise that was cancelled.

• Like 1

As promised, the Celebrity agent called me back today.  She verified all the dates of quarantine, excursions already refunded and amount to be returned to our credit card.  All this squared with my calculations.  The final approval needs to roll through accounting, and she estimates that a refund will be made to my credit card in about 14 days.  She was very helpful indeed and offered her continued assistance if I had any questions or issues needing resolution.  So, I am optimistic and pleased with the response as of today.  It has been just 7 days since disembarkation.

Edited by quicklabs
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, quicklabs said:

As promised, the Celebrity agent called me back today.  She verified all the dates of quarantine, excursions already refunded and amount to be returned to our credit card.  All this squared with my calculations.  The final approval needs to roll through accounting, and she estimates that a refund will be made to my credit card in about 14 days.  She was very helpful indeed and offered her continued assistance if I had any questions or issues needing resolution.  So, I am optimistic and pleased with the response as of today.  It has been just 7 days since disembarkation.

Can you post the number you used , 

2 months multiple emails not a word 

our TA Celebrity rep just tells her Celebrity  are doing them in order 

On 7/12/2022 at 8:09 PM, MR_T said:

Maybe, but not sure why if it’s the same policy being offered… 🤷🏼‍♂️

I agree.  If anything it should be more efficient. 

On 7/12/2022 at 9:27 PM, RichYak said:

Perhaps the exponential increase in the number of covid cases on board since Omicron has something to do with it.

Omicron peaked in Jan/Feb 2022.  I don't see how it would impact anything.  Where have you seen there has been an exponential increase in cases?  Which ship? 

11 hours ago, crusinthrough said:

Omicron peaked in Jan/Feb 2022.  I don't see how it would impact anything.  Where have you seen there has been an exponential increase in cases?  Which ship? 

Last September there was virtually no covid on ships. Most Celebrity ships were green on the CDC color chart. I sailed on Edge in October and they had gone 8 straight weeks with 0 cases (both passengers and crew). Yes, Omicron peaked in Jan/Feb, but if you don't think there's been an exponential increase in cases on board relative to September 2021, then you simply don't understand the meaning of "exponential increase." Miami handles the refunds now.

35 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Last September there was virtually no covid on ships. Most Celebrity ships were green on the CDC color chart. I sailed on Edge in October and they had gone 8 straight weeks with 0 cases (both passengers and crew). Yes, Omicron peaked in Jan/Feb, but if you don't think there's been an exponential increase in cases on board relative to September 2021, then you simply don't understand the meaning of "exponential increase." Miami handles the refunds now.

There was never a time since restart that ships were green.  They were either yellow or orange.  Of course, with more passengers there would be more cases.  However, your statement is speculation with no documented factual information.  

Doesn't matter where refunds are handled, the process should be more efficient not less efficient. Programs tend to improve from initial roll out based on tweaking inefficiencies.  Anyone can recognize there is a problem is it starts to deteriorate.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

There was never a time since restart that ships were green.  They were either yellow or orange.  Of course, with more passengers there would be more cases.  

OF COURSE THERE WAS A TIME DURING THE RESTART THAT SHIPS WERE GREEN.  Cruzely.com has an instructive graph.  They've been tracking cruise ships and their cruise ship status since August 2021. Here it is: cdc-cruise-ship-color-status-july-13-cha

• Like 2

18 hours ago, quicklabs said:

So happy to hear.   Hold onto her email and phone.    I've contacted mine recently about an upcoming cruise and COR questions.  He answered quickly.

On 7/12/2022 at 7:53 AM, quicklabs said:

Did you book thru a travel agent?

On 7/16/2022 at 8:42 AM, Honolulu Blue said:

OF COURSE THERE WAS A TIME DURING THE RESTART THAT SHIPS WERE GREEN.  Cruzely.com has an instructive graph.  They've been tracking cruise ships and their cruise ship status since August 2021. Here it is: cdc-cruise-ship-color-status-july-13-cha

Interesting site thx for the tip 

• Thanks 1