DRINKS IN THE DIAMOND LOUNGE DURING HAPPY HOUR

11 hours ago, topnole said:

Not sure about those two, but I’m enjoyed many varying beers in Prague.  Several dark.  All fantastic.   Of course I also had to sample the original Budweiser as I recall.  

Yes, Budvar.

On 7/19/2022 at 5:34 AM, Merion_Mom said:

As I stated originally, you are in a very small minority.  Enjoy your cruises.

Nothing wrong with being in the minority!😂

I see you’re on odessey TA 2023- maybe we can meet in the DL or another bar for a drink!
Honestly; I haven’t cruised on Royal, since the restart. Other lines yes- but not Royal. Maybe I’ll love the new system. I’ll keep an open mind……

We’ll be on the Jewel in October, so we’ll see……

• Like 2

10 hours ago, brillohead said:

It's not all Oasis-class that exempt the Rising Tide Bar.  I was on Symphony and Allure in the fall and one or the other exempted the Rising Tide, but I don't remember either of them exempting it when I was on them in the spring.  

I think the Bionic Bar is probably exempt because you have to ring up the coupon when placing the order, and the iPad system isn't set up to do that.  

Oh, ok. I had read in my documents somewhere for my cruise on the Oasis that Rising Tide Bar was not included as one of the bars to redeem my drink vouchers. I wondered why and thought maybe it was one of the busier bars possibly. I don't know, I haven't sailed the Oasis yet.

7 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

Oh, ok. I had read in my documents somewhere for my cruise on the Oasis that Rising Tide Bar was not included as one of the bars to redeem my drink vouchers. I wondered why and thought maybe it was one of the busier bars possibly. I don't know, I haven't sailed the Oasis yet.

Bar only holds 10 to 12 people. Voucher holders would probably sit for hours and never move out for others.  That being said we had no problem using our vouchers at Rising Tides on Symphony. 

Edited by taglovestocruise

Just now, taglovestocruise said:

Bar only holds 10 to 12 people. Voucher holders would probably sit for hours and never move out for others. 

OOOOH, ok....the opposite of what I thought. Like I said, I haven't been on a ship with that bar on it yet so I imagined it was a huge bar area that was always crowded and too busy for it.

3 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

OOOOH, ok....the opposite of what I thought. Like I said, I haven't been on a ship with that bar on it yet so I imagined it was a huge bar area that was always crowded and too busy for it.

Sometimes in the evening it is pretty dead, well worth asking the bartender. 

image.png.5b8f5f0c4a4a732ab8450848094c570a.png

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 1

My husband and I just returned from a 7 night cruise on the Wonder out of Barcelona.  We are Diamond Plus and get 5 vouchers on our sea pass for drinks any where on the ship.  Went to the Diamond Lounge twice and had to use our vouchers. The lounge was empty except for us and 5 other guests.  It was so much better just to go to one of the different bars on the ship to use our vouchers.  Diamond Lounge might be different on other ships.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gitana said:

My husband and I just returned from a 7 night cruise on the Wonder out of Barcelona.  We are Diamond Plus and get 5 vouchers on our sea pass for drinks any where on the ship.  Went to the Diamond Lounge twice and had to use our vouchers. The lounge was empty except for us and 5 other guests.  It was so much better just to go to one of the different bars on the ship to use our vouchers.  Diamond Lounge might be different on other ships.

We did a B2B on the Explorer in March.  We went in the DL each evening from 5 to 5:45 PM for pre dinner drinks and a snack. The DL was well attended but never crowded. The C&A drinks loaded on our SeaPass cards worked great for us. Other than in the ports we never bought a drink while onboard. 

17 hours ago, rrraydon said:

Rising Tide has become one of our favorite before dinner drink venues on Harmony.  Our vouchers have always worked.  

On 7/19/2022 at 7:28 PM, John&LaLa said:

You can get regular Amstel in Curacao for free at the Effy store. 

20220219_215725.thumb.jpg.132398fb6aba0e38a46496d054135124.jpg

Well, kinda free

20220203_165735.thumb.jpg.fdf8e4aa4a813127cd10859eb38f3f44.jpg

Yup, I remember that happy face Laura was wearing after she left there with that new Peacock ring.  Beautiful!  🥰  Then we forgot to leave the bridge on time and went for a ride...good times!  

20220203_111157.jpg

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Bar only holds 10 to 12 people. Voucher holders would probably sit for hours and never move out for others.  That being said we had no problem using our vouchers at Rising Tides on Symphony. 

We use our vouchers...and do not "sit for hours".  

We simply sit for one ride, ( you can't leave while it is in motion anyway) and one drink, just for the novelty.   One of our "bar crawl" favorites.  

16 hours ago, Gitana said:

All pax in the DL on every ship have to use their vouchers to get a "free" drink now.  That was part of the new system when the vouchers came out.  It was intended as a way to alleviate the crowding in the DL...and it's working.  

Edited by island lady

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

That bridge is a lot of fun!

Indeed, but it was a surprise to not feel it moving for half the voyage. Maybe because we were close to the middle vs closer to the town side

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Indeed, but it was a surprise to not feel it moving for half the voyage. Maybe because we were close to the middle vs closer to the town side

I get a kick out of the huge diesel boat motor that pushes the end around.  🙂 

• Like 2

On 7/15/2022 at 4:34 PM, reallyitsmema said:

You get four drinks daily, up to $13, no more limited list and at any time of the day. 

Any time of day?  Is this published somewhere?  That's an enhancement in my books.  Haha literally; updating my notebooks!  I'd like to be certain, thanks 

On 7/16/2022 at 4:50 AM, SuitesRbest said:

Such a pitty they changed this in my opinion. The DL used to be full and it was good to talk and mingle with all.

Will not see that again unfortunately!!

I thought the argument was that the lounges were TOO full and people could not get in?  Are you saying people don't visit the DL because they space their allotment out during the day/not unlimited in the lounge?  A lot of Diamonds could use the encouragement to explore the whole ship and not ONE lounge for 3 hours every night. I think this is an enhancement. When you meet people just set a time to meet in the DL before dinner for the atmosphere and a drink? It is a change, you have a point.  Positives and negatives.  Any time of day to use is good for me honestly. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Any time of day?  Is this published somewhere?  That's an enhancement in my books.  Haha literally; updating my notebooks!  I'd like to be certain, thanks 

All changes are listed in the Crown and Anchor section of the cruise line website.  It is definitely any time of day and no limited list of alcohols.  It is a great change.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/crown-anchor-society/program-updates

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just did some speed scrolling to catch the gist; there's some consternation over limited to 4 or 5 per day vs unlimited in a 3 hour window in 1 room and vouchers good for the same time, I have a solution for those days when vouchers just won't suffice. 

If you want more one or two more than the amount of vouchers you have there's actually a fairly simple process. After you order, don't say a word🤫, this is key - 😎just be cool about it😎.  Hand the server or bartender your card discretely. Things happen.  Your card and a drink are handed back to you.  Check your TV the next day and you'll see a charge. That's how you know it worked. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

It's been discussed here for almost a year now😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1