O life shore excursions

I just booked a last minute sailing and my TA offered the elusive OLife ultimate package offer.  I have never done an O excursion.  I have always arranged my own shore excursions and tend to be obsessive about it but we get two free excursions each so I might as well use them!  I understand no OS or OE but can you pay the difference.  Also, is there a limit on the cost of the excursion?  There is one in Palma for $279.  Can I pay the difference from whatever the included excursion price limit is and $279.00?

There is also one to Eze which is great as Eze is a PITA to get there and back at convenient times.  Taxis don’t like it and Uber won’t go there.  That is $160 so I assume it will be ok.

Can someone explain the details, limitations etc, of the rules

much appreciated!

14 minutes ago, the more ports the better said:

I just booked a last minute sailing and my TA offered the elusive OLife ultimate package offer.  I have never done an O excursion.  I have always arranged my own shore excursions and tend to be obsessive about it but we get two free excursions each so I might as well use them!  I understand no OS or OE but can you pay the difference.  Also, is there a limit on the cost of the excursion?  There is one in Palma for $279.  Can I pay the difference from whatever the included excursion price limit is and $279.00?

There is also one to Eze which is great as Eze is a PITA to get there and back at convenient times.  Taxis don’t like it and Uber won’t go there.  That is $160 so I assume it will be ok.

Can someone explain the details, limitations etc, of the rules

much appreciated!

Allowable O Life tours are those less than $200 and without the OE or OS (and sometimes other similarly abbreviated) designations. You cannot pick a more expensive one and get a $100 discount (which is the base value of each O Life tour. 
On the plus side: by picking $199 ones that interest you, the perk value can be doubled. Also, your O Life choices count toward the minimum number of tours required to get the YWYW 25% discount on paid ones in your Cart (if YWYW is offered for your cruise. 
Search here on CC for my (and others’) detailed posts about O Life and YWYW strategies.

Also, double check with your TA about the “ultimate” offer. I thought that promo ended on May 30th (unless O is trying to unload some unpopular cruises with much availability). And make sure you see it on your copy of the Oceania invoice (rather than just the TA’s own invoice sent to you).

Thanks for the info, I’ll be sure to book 14 days in advance.  

Kind of disappointing that they don’t let you pay the difference bit I can’t complain for the price.  It’s a 7 day sailing within 90 days of sailing so I’m sure they are just trying to fill it hence the ultimate offer.  

I have a conference in Rome a few days after the sailing ends in Barcelona so I figured, why not, I can hop a cheap flight to Rome at the end of the sailing but I’ve never had the ultimate package, I always just take the shipboard credit or cruise only and book tours on my own.

Thanks again to both of you!

OK, 7 day sailing so my guess is 5 or so ports. If you take the 2 Free tours any additional tours are included in the YWYW 25% discount. Any more expensive, over $200, tours are now automatically discounted and you can book a tour every day with the discounts applied so you do benefit.  If you are unsure if the tour booking math is correct, call Oceania and let them confirm you are getting the best bang for your buck. Our experience doing this has been a total tour cost of about $80 per tour.  Since you are getting about $200 in SBC, you can also use that toward your additional tours. 
Mauibabes

15 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Also, double check with your TA about the “ultimate” offer. I thought that promo ended on May 30th (unless O is trying to unload some unpopular cruises with much availability). And make sure you see it on your copy of the Oceania invoice (rather than just the TA’s own invoice sent to you).

I agree double checking is a good idea (and get it in writing!). The ultimate offer expired on the website, but (at least) one of the TA consortiums still has select (not as many as before) itineraries with the ultimate O-Life offer.

My rule of thumb for determining likely O-Life tours is to look at the price in the "Unlimited" column. If the price is $0 (or N/A), then there is a good chance that the tour is included as an O-Life tour. CAVEAT - there are always exceptions!

Edited by AMHuntFerry
added N/A

21 hours ago, mauibabes said:

OK, 7 day sailing so my guess is 5 or so ports. If you take the 2 Free tours any additional tours are included in the YWYW 25% discount. Any more expensive, over $200, tours are now automatically discounted and you can book a tour every day with the discounts applied so you do benefit.  If you are unsure if the tour booking math is correct, call Oceania and let them confirm you are getting the best bang for your buck. Our experience doing this has been a total tour cost of about $80 per tour.  Since you are getting about $200 in SBC, you can also use that toward your additional tours. 
Mauibabes

Just an FYI, and you might know this, but I have an 8 day cruise coming up in Sept, actually 2, one after another, they are both on the Ultimate Olife, both have the same number of ports and included excursions, 2 per person. Here's the kicker, one is not eligible for the 25% off YWC, the other is. 

ORV,

WOW, interesting. Does one cruise have a very limited number of port calls, like only 2?
I have not taken short cruises so I have never experienced this but of course it can happen.  Oceania makes the offers and all we can do is work with what’s offered. 

mauibabes

15 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

ORV,

WOW, interesting. Does one cruise have a very limited number of port calls, like only 2?

mauibabes

The clue is in his post🤔

"both have the same number of ports and included excursions, 2 per person."

21 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

The clue is in his post🤔

"both have the same number of ports and included excursions, 2 per person."

There is one difference though...the first goes to Eureka (spendy shorex) while the second goes to Catalina (cheap shorex). The first one's YWC min is 5 shorex (if I remember ORV's previous post); so with 4 ports (overnight in SFO) you would have to do a shorex every port day to get the 25% discount.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AMHuntFerry said:

There is one difference though...the first goes to Eureka (spendy shorex) while the second goes to Catalina (cheap shorex). The first one's YWC min is 5 shorex (if I remember ORV's previous post); so with 4 ports (overnight in SFO) you would have to do a shorex every port day to get the 25% discount.

What was the question again?  🤔

34 minutes ago, 2rogues said:

How do you find out if your cruise is eligible for the YWYW 25% discount?

When you log into your cruise go to manage this booking, look at shore excursions and it should be at the top header. Look at Selected Tour Package & hover over the question mark. It should show you there. 

51 minutes ago, ORV said:

When you log into your cruise go to manage this booking, look at shore excursions and it should be at the top header. Look at Selected Tour Package & hover over the question mark. It should show you there. 

Thank you, I will check it out.

5 hours ago, Marmaduke said:

If I book my O life included excursions prior to the cruise can I cancel any of them once on board and change to another tour ? 

You can try  Destination Services  & see if other tours are available  then  but  it will be hit or miss  by then

5 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Also don’t forget the 24 hour rule for canceling a shorex.

I think O Life has different  rules  but not sure

they might be able to swap them but as I said  check with DS