Carnival Pride, dry dock/refurb Spring 2023?

lasekeye

On 7/16/2022 at 3:01 PM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Same thing going on with Carnival's site.  Nothing until June in 2023

image.thumb.png.19bbeede3bff1608786dae59bf8a0bbc.png

I am going on this cruise in early July.  If they push out again, I'm not rebooking it.

Edited by GlendaleCruiser
more info

2 hours ago, GlendaleCruiser said:

I am going on this cruise in early July.  If they push out again, I'm not rebooking it.

I think you are fine. The 12 day from Barcelona Spain is showing as available now for May 28th. Turns out all these "fabulous" and "brilliant" things going on aren't quite as billed. Appears to be cosmetic for the most part. There was talk of adding elevator shafts and rooms by a cruise director but that hardly seems likely now.

Edited by n6uqqq

19 hours ago, MayorDrafty said:

Guests will also enjoy an upgraded Cloud 9 Spa and Fitness Center, with new equipment, and sporting a fresh look and feel

This is sorely needed. The current equipment is old as dirt. My sense is the layout will be the same, but there will be cosmetic changes to the walls.  The men's locker room needs upgraded lockers. 

Yeah, everyone with grandiose ideas was simply kidding themselves.  It's a 4 week drydock, not 10-12 weeks.  This was NEVER going to be a full Sunshining; and significantly less than the 2.0 conversions that took place in the 2010s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

Yeah, everyone with grandiose ideas was simply kidding themselves.  It's a 4 week drydock, not 10-12 weeks.  This was NEVER going to be a full Sunshining; and significantly less than the 2.0 conversions that took place in the 2010s.

With the ships aging, after reaching the 15 year mark, you will not see the 2 week dry docks anymore, but the 4 week dockings will become the norm.  It is just a fact of the inspections and testing required for older ships.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

With the ships aging, after reaching the 15 year mark, you will not see the 2 week dry docks anymore, but the 4 week dockings will become the norm.  It is just a fact of the inspections and testing required for older ships.

Makes perfect sense.  So easy to forget the #1 job for a drydock isn't new carpet!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Did I miss more cabins being added? Do we know how many?  TIA!

per JH’s update, 5 new cabins. One ADA, two inside, two outside. This was the only part of the drydock we didn’t know about. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

per JH’s update, 5 new cabins. One ADA, two inside, two outside. This was the only part of the drydock we didn’t know about. 

What is ADA?  I should know after 21 cruises but maybe I missed the memo...😉

7 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

What is ADA?  I should know after 21 cruises but maybe I missed the memo...😉

American with Disabilities Act. IOW an accessable cabin. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If CCL is going to keep the cruise port that need the smaller ships, they will needs to spend on the Spirit and the remaining Fantasy. I hope CCL long range plans include maintaining the many departure ports. 

• Like 2