how to change my cabinmate after fully paying

Borna

I am fully paying for my cabinmate and me on a Regent cruise.  If my cabinmate is unable to travel, how do I simply change the name of my cabinmate on the reservation?  Is there any charge by Regent to change the name of my cabinmate?  Thanks in advance for your answers.

12 hours ago, Borna said:

I am fully paying for my cabinmate and me on a Regent cruise.  If my cabinmate is unable to travel, how do I simply change the name of my cabinmate on the reservation?  Is there any charge by Regent to change the name of my cabinmate?  Thanks in advance for your answers.

This happened to me in 2014. Regent would not budge. Only choice was for my daughter to not show up and I would sail solo. Since Regent doesn't really have solo supplements less than 100% it wouldn't have cost me extra, but I also wouldn't have gotten money back.

I'm eager to hear if Regent has improved in this area in the last 8 years.

Interestingly, I also cruise on Disney. They will allow a change all the way up to day of sailing. No charge before Paid in Full date, only $50 charge after that!

Sadly my understanding is that you cannot remove a guest from the reservation after final payment.  Correction, you can but the only saving will be the taxes that guest was due to pay.  Perhaps you could add a ‘third’ person (the one replacing your original cabin mate) and then split the difference in cost as a third person (if allowed in the cabin) should only be a nominal charge.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

thanks to those who have responded.  I, and my cabinmate for whom I paid, have trip insurance.  I will still want to go on the cruise if my cabinmate cannot, but would bring another friend instead.  It's just a name change and would think Regent would be fine with that.  My TA is trying to learn what Regent would do if I have to change my cabinmate.  

I'd appreciate any more insight or success stories in changing my cabinmate.  Thanks in advance.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RachelG said:

It is sort of like an airline ticket--you can't sell or give it to anyone else. So only option to get money back would be buy trip insurance that covered cancelling for any reason.  

The difference is that although you can't transfer an airline ticket,  you can cancel for any reason and get a credit from the airline. Not so in this scenario with Regent. After Covid the airlines have become very flexible, not so the cruise lines. I could understand them not wanting to refund, or even credit the money, but its very intransigent not to allow name changes

1 hour ago, Borna said:

thanks to those who have responded.  I, and my cabinmate for whom I paid, have trip insurance.  I will still want to go on the cruise if my cabinmate cannot, but would bring another friend instead.  It's just a name change and would think Regent would be fine with that.  My TA is trying to learn what Regent would do if I have to change my cabinmate.  

I'd appreciate any more insight or success stories in changing my cabinmate.  Thanks in advance.  

When is the cruise?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2022 at 4:13 PM, Benny B. Goode said:

Depending on when it was originally booked, those quarterly Regent increases might amount to quite a bit more fare. 

But still probably the best option.  It sounded like the OP was still undecided, though.  It would be good to get a solid commitment from his/her booked travel companion before the cancellation penalties start, if possible.

• Like 1