Hotels near LAX cruise port

dg33

2 minutes ago, skynight said:

Crown Plaza or Doubletree in San Pedro

Agree, we used Doubletree and liked it, free shuttle to pier. Also, check if you can fly into Long Beach, much easier than LAX.

OP- As @skynight has suggested; these are really the two main hotels where people stay and it is in San Pedro, not LA proper. As @Tedferg has suggested, it would be helpful to fly into Long Beach as the transfer from the airport to the hotel is shorter.

In San Pedro there are several hotels, but we are down to two that anyone would recommend; the Crowne Plaza and DoubleTree San Pedro. Best Western was the "value" alternative, but as said, it is no longer in business.

Other than that I'd recommend a hotel in Torrance/Redondo Beach or Downtown Long Beach.

Crowne Plaza is not coming up easily in searches. Does anyone know if it’s out of business? And interesting about Best Western. I have a Feb 2023 booking and wonder if/when they’ll tell me about this? I did also hear about the conversion to homeless housing so have a backup booking at LAX, as the only other property, the Doubletree, is just too expensive, even with free cookies on arrival!

1 hour ago, kluv2cruz said:

Crowne Plaza is not coming up easily in searches. Does anyone know if it’s out of business? And interesting about Best Western. I have a Feb 2023 booking and wonder if/when they’ll tell me about this? I did also hear about the conversion to homeless housing so have a backup booking at LAX, as the only other property, the Doubletree, is just too expensive, even with free cookies on arrival!

On the thread you started I noted that the Crowne Plaza is  coming up in the searches i did.

IIRC others have said they were not notified of the Best Western's closure.

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

On the thread you started I noted that the Crowne Plaza is  coming up in the searches i did.

Hmn, i have troubles in the ihg app and website, and tried hotels.com and Priceline. Made me nervous so assumed they were closed. I’ll keep my LAX reservation and check Crowne Plaza again in awhile. Thanks.

9 hours ago, kluv2cruz said:

Crowne Plaza is not coming up easily in searches.

Are you Googling Crowne Plaza San Pedro?

If you are Googling like the topic title "LAX cruise port", you are only going to confuse Google.

LAX is ONLY the airport or the train station. No one uses "LAX" as a generic for Los Angeles and certainly not the cruise port, which is in the San Pedro section of Los Angeles, 20 miles south of LAX.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kluv2cruz said:

Hmn, i have troubles in the ihg app and website, and tried hotels.com and Priceline. Made me nervous so assumed they were closed. I’ll keep my LAX reservation and check Crowne Plaza again in awhile. Thanks.

The name of the hotel is Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor. If you search "San Pedro CA" on the IHG website, you've got to scroll down for a while to find it, and the description doesn't mention San Pedro.

Here's the direct link to the hotel's website: https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/san-pedro/laxpv/hoteldetail?

The CP is undergoing renovations right now and might still be a bit dusty in January. It's a good choice anyway - super convenient to the port, lots of restaurants nearby.

• Like 1

Thanks all. For some reason IHG app will not populate any of my searches on 2 different devices. Think I’ll give it a rest and try again in a few days. I’ve stayed a few times at Crowne Plaza so agree it’s convenient. And, I highly recommend Happy Diner 617 S Centre St for breakfast around the corner!

Edited by kluv2cruz

We always stay at the Crowne Plaza when cruising out of San Pedro.  We live in Northern California so when we drive our car, we leave it at the hotel.  The hotel parking is covered and seems (at least to us) more secured than the port parking.

It’s a short, safe walk to/from the hotel to the ship.  Nice to self disembark, walk to the hotel, get the car and be walking through our front door in six hours.

• Like 1