Celebrity app won’t accept vax certificate

cruisingaussies

Just take your original Vax card and yourself to the terminal. Some people do not have computers so they can take care of it. Can you print your Express Pass. I always take hard copy.

• Like 1

Is there a 48 hour shut down of accepting information? Pretty sure I have read this someplace. But as jhagen suggests, just bring hard copies of everything and you should be fine. This is a good idea even if the website accepted everything- computers have been known to have problems and they ALWAYS do so at the very worst moment. 

Enjoy your trip! By now you have passed the last difficult hurdle- you have a negative CoVid test to show. We do that in a couple of hours and I am very anxious about it. No reason since we have been very careful but I will be really relieved once we have those negative results in hand!

I had a problem this morning until I realised that I was uploading the latest Cert which included the booster.  It accepted the original Cert and then I uploaded the one with the booster shot (though that one is optional). 

• Like 1

Thanks all, we’ll just turn up with our certificates plus originals of all the other paperwork. 
Jhagen, we too prefer printed hard copies of everything, a habit I don’t think will be broken, even though you can’t travel anywhere these days without a smart phone. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 5waldos said:

Is there a 48 hour shut down of accepting information? Pretty sure I have read this someplace. But as jhagen suggests, just bring hard copies of everything and you should be fine. This is a good idea even if the website accepted everything- computers have been known to have problems and they ALWAYS do so at the very worst moment. 

Enjoy your trip! By now you have passed the last difficult hurdle- you have a negative CoVid test to show. We do that in a couple of hours and I am very anxious about it. No reason since we have been very careful but I will be really relieved once we have those negative results in hand!

Understand your anxiety!  Good luck, hope you’re negative and have a great cruise.

I know this must be very stressful but don't let it spoil you vacation.    They will simply take a picture of your Vac certificate at checkin.    To be honest I've noticed on my last 5 cruises they have taken a picture of them again even when mine were uploaded and approved.

You will not be delayed and will have a wonderful relaxing cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I know this must be very stressful but don't let it spoil you vacation.    They will simply take a picture of your Vac certificate at checkin.    To be honest I've noticed on my last 5 cruises they have taken a picture of them again even when mine were uploaded and approved.

You will not be delayed and will have a wonderful relaxing cruise.

Thanks so much, now not worrying about it, we will have all the documentation in hard copy in our hands. Looking forward to escaping the heat of Europe, at least whilst on the ship.  Med ports will be hot but we’ll be out early and back on the ship for lunch and a rest for the afternoon.

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

today 15 days after our Check In the vaccines are still not verified

Don’t sweat it. 

You have to show your original vaccination paper work at the port for a hands on visual inspection anyway.  😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gerelmx said:

today 15 days after our Check In the vaccines are still not verified

On the 8/7 sailing they approved them on  the 21 days prior to sailing.    The 8/19 probably won't be approved for another week.    Everyone on our roll call reported approval on the same day.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

Boarding tomorrow. Have twice taken a photo on the app and once uploaded my photo of our certificates to the app. 
Doesn’t work.
Any ideas?

The problem is formatting.  Are you using your phone or a computer.  Smartphone auto formats the photos.

24 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

On the 8/7 sailing they approved them on  the 21 days prior to sailing.    The 8/19 probably won't be approved for another week.    Everyone on our roll call reported approval on the same day.

Received a strange email today.  I was asked to certify I am fully vaxxed and will produce proof at boarding if requested.   No idea what this means other than a possible change.

4 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Received a strange email today.  I was asked to certify I am fully vaxxed and will produce proof at boarding if requested.   No idea what this means other than a possible change.

I had a similar email this morning, even after I've confirmed multiple times with people and had my shots verified

No other suggestion except delete and reinstall Celebrity app.  I did my checkin on the website.  Could not get it on the app. 

As said move on and bring everything to the pier if after one more try it doesn't work.

Seems covid verification by X is changing.  They are buying in paper so maybe the new email indicates a change 

Good luck.  Miss Moe and the valley.

4 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

It's just another email everyone gets.   You can submit and they will stop sending to you.    Makes sure after you enter your data ... click add other passenger or it will continue for weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

click add other passenger or it will continue for weeks.

Even though the number of passengers is complete?😱

I’ve completed for both of us, but still get the emails.

Only advantage is that you do get informed of the latest requirements

eg P&O no longer require the pre boarding test to be verified by a professional ( from 24/07/22) & Azamara no longer a pre boarding test ( from 26/07/22).

As of yesterday, CelebrityCruises have not changed their pre boarding requirements.

Update - My Vax Certificate was accepted in the App today 16 days pre-cruise.    I uploaded it when check-in began on 45 days pre cruises.     The cruise prior to this one was also approved between 14-16 days before the cruise.

28 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Update - My Vax Certificate was accepted in the App today 16 days pre-cruise.    I uploaded it when check-in began on 45 days pre cruises.     The cruise prior to this one was also approved between 14-16 days before the cruise.

My vax certificate was approved the very next day after submission!  My rhyme or reason.

8 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

My vax certificate was approved the very next day after submission!  My rhyme or reason.

Really.  You must be special!    The one for the Aug 31st cruise is still showing pending.

• Haha 1