Certificate of Recovery if only tested at home

3 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

If you tested positive at home and didn’t get an official state test, how do you get a certificate of recovery if still testing positive a month later?

You have to go get an official one.  Not sure if you can use proctored at home tests but a self test won't work

I believe you do need an official test.  If you test positive at home and know you have a cruise coming up in the next 3-4 months, you need to go get a “real” test.

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1

To get a COR that will work with royal you need a positive PCR test to be done.    Not a rapid test.

If still testing positive go get a pcr test then present to your doctor to get the COR letter.  

Edited by Sunshine3601

2 minutes ago, zimmerman said:

I’ve currently got covid…. Nearly a week in.

we travel in 17 days.

is there a risk a lateral flow might still be positive (ergo, i should get a PCR done - so I can get a recovery very)?

I would get the PCR done and a COR just to be safe 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, zimmerman said:

I’ve currently got covid…. Nearly a week in.

we travel in 17 days.

is there a risk a lateral flow might still be positive (ergo, i should get a PCR done - so I can get a recovery very)?

I’d get a PCR test now just in case (not a home test unproctored).

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would get the PCR done and a COR just to be safe 

Over a week in, PCR scheduled for tomorrow. Home test didn’t show positive until day 4 which is why the cruise testing won’t stop it on ships. Cruise in 45 days. Thanks.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, poocher said:

I believe you do need an official test.  If you test positive at home and know you have a cruise coming up in the next 3-4 months, you need to go get a “real” test.

Isn’t it 90 days maximum?   So next 3-4 months it does no good.  It must be inside of 3 months (technically 90 days)?

14 minutes ago, topnole said:

Isn’t it 90 days maximum?   So next 3-4 months it does no good.  It must be inside of 3 months (technically 90 days)?

Yes but you need proof of when it started don’t you? An official PCR would be that proof

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Does anyone have a copy of the certificate of recovery form I can use as a reference for my doctor. I’m not even sure he will do it for us, so I may also need another place to go to get it.

Any tips?

Great questions, we sail in 30 days and are in the same "boat" as you.  Just tested positive on Sunday and went to get the PCR test, just in case.  It would be great to see a COR, although I am sure there are "doctors" that will prepare one for a fee

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Does anyone have a copy of the certificate of recovery form I can use as a reference for my doctor. I’m not even sure he will do it for us, so I may also need another place to go to get it.

Any tips?

Yes we both are just over Covid and probably will be needing the Certificate of Recovery form before September 4 . Please if anyone happens to have a copy . Thanks 

Edited by ssb

19 minutes ago, ssb said:

A1E86250-7103-4C94-BF92-B9AFA5606487.thumb.jpeg.e06bfcc5ef3afa4214e40baec2d211a9.jpeg

For the life of me, I can't find the same on the Royal website.

Is Royal STILL accepting Certificates of Recovery?  My son sails in ~6 weeks and just tested positive. 

3 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

If you tested positive at home and didn’t get an official state test, how do you get a certificate of recovery if still testing positive a month later?

Well, if you are still testing positive, than you can't possibly be recovered.....So what is your question?  Go get an official test, than go get another official test when you finally are recovered, than ask you doctor.

8 minutes ago, D C said:

For the life of me, I can't find the same on the Royal website.

Is Royal STILL accepting Certificates of Recovery?  My son sails in ~6 weeks and just tested positive. 

I’m not sure, but I hope they do in case hubby still shows positive. He’s 10 days from first symptoms, but wasn’t showing positive right away. I know some show positive for a long time. 

1 minute ago, Joseph2017China said:

Well, if you are still testing positive, than you can't possibly be recovered.....So what is your question?  Go get an official test, than go get another official test when you finally are recovered, than ask you doctor.

He’s been positive for almost a week. We’ve scheduled a PCR test tomorrow and I assume 11 days after another PCR test if he’s still showing positive, the recovery would be needed? I think that’s what you meant?

9 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We’ve scheduled a PCR test tomorrow and I assume 11 days after another PCR test if he’s still showing positive, the recovery would be needed?

You need one positive PCR test (don't need to keep testing) and one COR letter.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

We've known for ~2 years that you can continue to test positive for weeks after being recovered as unviable genetic material may still be shed by ones body. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Yes but you need proof of when it started don’t you? An official PCR would be that proof

Of course.  But my point is that POR is no good from a test 3-4 months old.  If you have Covid now and your cruise is in November don’t waste your time on POR.  It isn’t going to get you on the ship.