HAL Shore Excursion bookings

Coates55

10 minutes ago, boulders said:

I'm anxiously awaiting shore excursions to be released for my January 2024 cruise. Does anyone have an idea of when they are typically released? 

January 2024? Probably not until next Spring or Summer.

10 minutes ago, boulders said:

I'm anxiously awaiting shore excursions to be released for my January 2024 cruise. Does anyone have an idea of when they are typically released? 

January 2024? Probably not until next Spring or Summer.

2 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

We have tons of OBC.

Can we book/reserve excursions now with OBC, or have to wait until we're onboard to book with OBC?

OBC is used on board 😉 You need to wait to use it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ski ww said:

By that time the shore excursion you want might be sold out.

Yes, that's what we worry about.

Interesting the RCCL & Celebrity allows us to book excursions before cruise, then deduct with OBC once onboard, but Carnival & HAL makes us pay first to book excursions before cruise...

38 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Interesting the RCCL & Celebrity allows us to book excursions before cruise, then deduct with OBC once onboard, but Carnival & HAL makes us pay first to book excursions before cruise...

I can't speak as to RCL, but on Celebrity, it's even better than that.  If you have OBC, it shows up in your Cruise Planner prior to your cruise, and you can use it to pay for anything you can book pre-cruise, including shorex and specialty dining.  The amount is taken from your OBC as soon as you make the purchase on line.   

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 2:55 PM, NavyCruiser said:

On 7/28/2022 at 3:35 PM, Turtles06 said:

I can't speak as to RCL, but on Celebrity, it's even better than that.  If you have OBC, it shows up in your Cruise Planner prior to your cruise, and you can use it to pay for anything you can book pre-cruise, including shorex and specialty dining.  The amount is taken from your OBC as soon as you make the purchase on line.   

I have an upcoming Carnival cruise and you can now use your OBC to purchase items before boarding!

• Like 2

My next  cruise is Princess, I book a ships tour (this will be 5th Princess cruise but first ship tour) the tour is $69.95 each and was only charged a deposit amount of $19.95 on credit card  Balance due on ship. I thought that was pretty great.  I do have $200.00 OBC, I check the OBC after booking the excursion and still is $200.00.  

• Like 1