Oasis speciality restaurants and dress code

I am starting to pull clothes together for my August cruise. I have been reading reviews where guests are saying that there is no check for wearing shorts for dinner. I would like to know if anyone on any of the recent Oasis cruises can confirm this is still the case. I am not talking about my group wearing gym shorts. I am going with a group who understands golf etiquette and will dress with polo shirts and nice shorts.  We have the UDP and will mostly be eating in specialty restaurants for dinner.

Thanks for the help.

On 7/25/2022 at 10:20 AM, timfan27 said:

I am starting to pull clothes together for my August cruise. I have been reading reviews where guests are saying that there is no check for wearing shorts for dinner. I would like to know if anyone on any of the recent Oasis cruises can confirm this is still the case. I am not talking about my group wearing gym shorts. I am going with a group who understands golf etiquette and will dress with polo shirts and nice shorts.  We have the UDP and will mostly be eating in specialty restaurants for dinner.

Thanks for the help.

You can wear anything.....anything. 

sadly, the bar is so low that they have to  suggest you not wear a wet swimsuit to dinner. 

Enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Thanks for the help.

Was on Allure in May.  Even saw gym shorts in the specialty restaurants for dinner.  Saw the same guy in the CK the next morning at breakfast and I’m almost certain it was the same outfit.  I remember because it was a bit unique even for gym clothes.  I’m guessing he packs light.  

We did a specialty restaurant almost every night and my friend wore shorts every night.  I did on some nights.  No issues at all.  We wore golf attire as you mentioned.  

Dont worry at all.  Be comfortable and enjoy your dinner and drinks.  It is a vacation, not work.  

I haven't sailed on Oasis, but have on Allure, Harmony and Symphony .  Most men wore long pants in all the specialty restaurants except for Jamies/Giovanni's.  On Harmony last week I did see shorts in Chops, but have never seen shorts in 150 Central Park.

I think 150 is the most formal restaurant  on the Oasis class ships.  On formal nights, most men wore dress pants with a dress shirt with or without a tie.  I did not see more than a couple of jackets.

The last night's dinner in a specialty restaurant is definitely more casual as many have packed their clothes and wear to dinner what they will wear home the next day.

Thanks for the help.

Doesn’t seem to be any dress code anymore, even on “formal nights.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

The only thing I have NOT seen on the Oasis is someone being turned away from any venue for their attire.

True!  And I love it!  Well, within reason.

It sounds like non-ripped jeans and a button down shirt will be okay for 150 CP?  I might still be wearing a boot on one foot, too, so jeans will just work better.  Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, psac said:

It sounds like non-ripped jeans and a button down shirt will be okay for 150 CP?  I might still be wearing a boot on one foot, too, so jeans will just work better.  Thanks!

Many many many people wear nice blue jeans on formal night with a button down shirt and a sports coat.  I won't wear any type of coat unless I'm cold and I don't get cold........... easy.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Many many many people wear nice blue jeans on formal night with a button down shirt and a sports coat.  I won't wear any type of coat unless I'm cold and I don't get cold........... easy.  

Thanks!  I’m with you on the sport coat. Unless it’s a wedding, funeral, or job interview, a suit jacket/sport coat just isn’t happening!!

• Like 1

My aversion to formal or even semi-formal doesn't mean that I don't like watching people on formal nights.  I'm a people watcher.  I love watching the pride of people, especially most/some of the kids looking their best.  

2 hours ago, Ret MP said:

My aversion to formal or even semi-formal doesn't mean that I don't like watching people on formal nights.  I'm a people watcher.  I love watching the pride of people, especially most/some of the kids looking their best.  

This.

Whether you wear a tux or shorts, you be you.  Hold your head up high and don't let anyone else get you down.

In the words of Dr. Seuss, "...those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

• Like 1

12 hours ago, katiel53 said:

I haven't sailed on Oasis, but have on Allure, Harmony and Symphony .  Most men wore long pants in all the specialty restaurants except for Jamies/Giovanni's.  On Harmony last week I did see shorts in Chops, but have never seen shorts in 150 Central Park.

I think 150 is the most formal restaurant  on the Oasis class ships.  On formal nights, most men wore dress pants with a dress shirt with or without a tie.  I did not see more than a couple of jackets.

The last night's dinner in a specialty restaurant is definitely more casual as many have packed their clothes and wear to dinner what they will wear home the next day.

I have sailed on Harmony twice in the last two months, both with the UDP. We saw lots of people wearing shorts in every speciality restaurant we went to, including 150 Central Park, where we ate 3 nights both cruises. I know every cruise is different, but I have seen people wearing shorts in every speciality restaurant I have been to recently (Adventure, Mariner, Odyssey, Freedom, Independence and Harmony).   

17 hours ago, topnole said:

Was on Allure in May.  Even saw gym shorts in the specialty restaurants for dinner.  Saw the same guy in the CK the next morning at breakfast and I’m almost certain it was the same outfit.  I remember because it was a bit unique even for gym clothes.  I’m guessing he packs light.  

We did a specialty restaurant almost every night and my friend wore shorts every night.  I did on some nights.  No issues at all.  We wore golf attire as you mentioned.  

Dont worry at all.  Be comfortable and enjoy your dinner and drinks.  It is a vacation, not work.  

Even work is so casual now. We can wear anything except sweats and shorts lol

On 7/26/2022 at 9:17 PM, Ret MP said:

I'm a people watcher.  I love watching the pride of people, especially most/some of the kids looking their best.  

Those stumbling around in high heels, because they never wear them in the real world anymore - they look drunk before they get to the bar! Or maybe they are? Or perhaps a combo of the two..

Men and women tugging at their outfits because they don't fit proper, or are itchy.. It's good fun to watch.

And then you perhaps see a couple who just nails it.. They dress the part AND look comfortable at the same time - you know formal night isn't a one-off for them. Kudos to both types for cruising their way!