Flight leaves at 11:45am, cruise ship arrives in Fort Lauderdale at 7am. Is this enough time to make the flight?

grannytl

Flight leaves at 11:45am, cruise ship arrives in Fort Lauderdale at approximately 7am on a Friday. Is this enough time to make the flight? I have global entry and will self carry all my luggage when departing the cruise ship. I plan on getting an Uber or Lyft or taxi to the Fort Lauderdale (FLL) airport.

1 hour ago, grannytl said:

Flight leaves at 11:45am, cruise ship arrives in Fort Lauderdale at approximately 7am on a Friday. Is this enough time to make the flight? I have global entry and will self carry all my luggage when departing the cruise ship. I plan on getting an Uber or Lyft or taxi to the Fort Lauderdale (FLL) airport.

That should be plenty of time in order to make your flight.   I would not worry.  Have a fun cruise.

The FLL port uses facial recognition, so it is a breeze to get thru customs.  

Taxi ride is 15 min best…….mention to the driver you have a tight schedule and tip him accordingly if he hustles.

The airport is small and you should have no problem.   I do this flight regularly on Delta to ATL and usually have time for a quick bite at the airport.

The best thing about FLL is that it is not as Big as MIA and things seem (to Me) to move faster at FLL.

If you have TSA Precheck that helps a lot.

Don't stress about it.............

11 minutes ago, D. B. said:

The best thing about FLL is that it is not as Big as MIA and things seem (to Me) to move faster at FLL.

If you have TSA Precheck that helps a lot.

Don't stress about it.............

The OP has Global Entry, which gives him precheck. 

10 minutes ago, marieps said:

One of the nicest thing about PEV is the proximity to FLL.  On the flipside, with jet travel how it's been in general and the hassle of hotel, UBER, etc., we've decided to drive from NW GA.

We drove from Atlanta in June for our Equinox cruise.  Stopped in Gainesville the first night.  Then the night before the cruise in Delray Beach--fun town.  Parking at the port was so easy and reasonable.  We walked off the ship and with the help of a porter we were in our car within 20 minutes of getting off the ship.  Spent one night in Gainesville on the return.  Did not miss the airport one bit!

As others have said, FLL is very close. If the ship offers the option for you to use a luggage service, you will have the opportunity to have your luggage sent directly to the airport and checked, along with getting your boarding pass the night before on the ship. This will also save time.

We had gramma in a wheelchair , 5 family members, did not do self carry and made our 9:30 am flight with ease in May. We took the same flight 3 times this year and have had no problems getting to FLL on time. 
Did not self carry for any  of them because of family with mobility issues. 
taking it again in October but will self carry as it's just the two of us.