What games are in the Silhouette library?

Silent Penguin

Every ship I've been on has games in the library, but we're sailing Celebrity for the first time this November, and I don't want to assume anything.  We'll be on the Silhouette.  Are there games in the libary?  Specifically, I like to play Scrabble.  Although I usually  travel with my own set, it would save me some space in my suitcase if I only had to pack my bag of tiles (in case the ship's set is incomplete).  Thanks.  

The library is only books... however on the S class ships I have been on there is a card room on another deck. Now it has been a while but as I recall there were board games. Not sure about Solstice but this was true on other S class ships...however, with covid the games might not be there. I hope someone with more recent experience can update us on the game situation on S class ships.

Hello,

When I was on Silhouette in May, the most popular game was 'Find the games boxes' and an enhanced prize went to the person that found his/her game's contents complete.

Best bring your own.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In our experience most X class have a couple of chess sets a couple of scrabble sets and a couple of mahjong sets.

There are some great games compendium sets available on line and in many stores…If we are on a cruise with more sea days we will take our own chess set with us.

3 hours ago, Michidoeme said:

Ate there still many books in the library ?

When we were on Constellation in early April, you had to go to Guest Relations where they had a printed list of the books. They would then get the book for you. Good way to control Covid germs 🦠

• Like 1

I am on Silhouette at the moment. I have not been to the library yet, but during the day I have seen games in Quasar,  including Scrabble; Apples to Apples (?); Jenga and a “throw a beanbag in a hole” game which I have also seen on an outside deck. Hope this helps. 

PS Is there any evidence whatsoever that COVID can be caught from a book (or any other hard surface) - except in extremely rare virtually laboratory generated conditions?!

On 7/31/2022 at 5:32 PM, NewWestwardbound said:

I am on Silhouette at the moment. I have not been to the library yet, but during the day I have seen games in Quasar,  including Scrabble; Apples to Apples (?); Jenga and a “throw a beanbag in a hole” game which I have also seen on an outside deck. Hope this helps. 

PS Is there any evidence whatsoever that COVID can be caught from a book (or any other hard surface) - except in extremely rare virtually laboratory generated conditions?!

What option is there to borrow books? Do you just sign out or is it staff controlled?

8 minutes ago, dutchclogs said:

What option is there to borrow books? Do you just sign out or is it staff controlled?

There was no control on Silhouette two weeks ago, we just borrowed and returned. 

Also, I saw mention of the card room earlier - during the refurb the card room was removed from Silhouette in favour of more inside cabins unfortunately! It looks rather odd now from the atrium with some strange shiny silver wallpaper where the view to the card room had been. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2022 at 11:32 AM, NewWestwardbound said:

Thank you!  That's exactly what I wanted to know, and I thrilled to hear from  someone who is on the Silhouette right now.  I hope you are having a wonderful cruise.  BTW, in the US, we call the "throw a beanbag in a hole" game  Cornhole.   

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 2:05 PM, ehall said:

On the Apex, they told us not to count on all the pieces being in any game.  So to be sure - bring your own.  

Absolutely, anyone who expects the games to have all their pieces on any ship (regardless of cruiseline) is a newbie!   

6 hours ago, Silent Penguin said:

Thank you!  That's exactly what I wanted to know, and I thrilled to hear from  someone who is on the Silhouette right now.  I hope you are having a wonderful cruise.  BTW, in the US, we call the "throw a beanbag in a hole" game  Cornhole.   

I popped down to Quasar this morning. Games are in the pics below. There is also an Xbox set up as pictured (I don’t know anything about this as I don’t play!). 

AF361A99-C746-4A26-9F3F-35926823C75A.jpeg

FF89EEDE-1D6A-480E-85AE-390BDC86402E.jpeg

D3FC5B2C-96A3-4B7B-9343-67039D6B2B75.jpeg

• Thanks 1