Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

On 7/3/2023 at 9:17 AM, FionaMG said:

Ooooh, THREE then! Allure/Oasis AND Odyssey AND Indy!!!! 😂😂😂

I have dreamed of this! BUT, it will stay a dream! Wake me up the day we get a different ship in Southampton and I’ll be on like a shot! 😂

Edited by Jumping Cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, twangster said:

Some of the new restrictions go into effect Jan. 1 2025 while others are later.  

If I'm not mistaken the 2025 restrictions would require a port of call have shore power available in order for a conventional ship to be acceptable, or at least one iteration would have that requirement and it didn't sound like shore power was going to be available.  

There may be enough uncertainty in the evolving restrictions for cruise lines to be leary and simply avoid Norway beyond 2024.    

Well at least Ålesund has shore power.

IMG_3766.jpeg

IMG_3767.jpeg

When I took these pictures, I knew I would be responding to @twangster or the chief!!😜😜.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, little britain said:

UNESCO heritage fjords will ban ships that are not carbon neutral.  Perhaps only effects Flams and Geiranger, but the Arctic circle ports should be ok.

LB - also hoping for 2025

I'm wondering if what they could do would be dock in Alesund and Bergen and just offer excursions up the fjords...  Maybe partner with Hurigruten who now have carbon neutral ships.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, springaussie said:

I had a quick look at the Sydney Cruise Schedule 26/26.and on paper it looks like only one ship for Sydney. All bookings are for Ovation.

I can’t see any period for an Ovation dry dock. 

Isn’t Ovation due for dry dock next year?  

23 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

Isn’t Ovation due for dry dock next year?  

She was delivered in spring of 2016 and having a dry dock every 5 years would mean she's due for one in the spring of 2026.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

She was delivered in spring of 2016 and having a dry dock every 5 years would mean she's due for one in the spring of 2026.

Ok, thank you.  Guess we can expect her to make a visit to Singapore.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I think Royal will turn off the engines and offer additional C&A points to those that were prepared to enter and turn a gigantic wheel to generate electricity.

Regards,

Cublet

Sounds like "The Pearl" on Icon. 

Also flips guests upside down so money fall out of pockets and disappears into floor grates.  

• Haha 1

On 7/2/2023 at 12:59 PM, little britain said:

On a social site, a lady who has just got off Odyssey in Rome says how several staff on board, including NextCruise, told her that Odyssey is coming to Southampton in ‘25.    We can live in hope. 

I’ve just got off Anthem this morning and NextCruise advised that they ‘expect’ Odyssey to be based in Southampton, as she is the one replacing Anthem in NY.

However, Athens Port have just updated their 2025 cruise schedule, which shows multiple calls for Odyssey throughout the Summer. Also, Odyssey is now listed in Haifa port schedules for 2025. Put this with the port bookings for Indy and the fact that Odyssey is performing well from Civitavecchia, I think it is now definitely looking more concrete that Indy will be heading for the UK. 😢

I would believe port bookings before I believe NextCruise, as they often don’t have any knowledge of upcoming deployments, especially this far in advance. 

Edited by Jumping Cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2023 at 8:17 PM, bigeck said:

Talk amongst crew that Oasis or Allure going to Southampton

Oasis looks to be staying in the caribbean for Summer 2025.

In my opinion, Allure *may* get her amplification, as her last cruise currently ends on 10th Feb and a maintenance dry-dock only usually lasts around 1 month at max, so this would leave plenty of time before a potential Europe season. However, I think she will be based in Barcelona doing the usual 7-night med cruises, as I don’t think there is an Oasis class market in Southampton. As I have mentioned previously, OC could only fit into very few ports on the ex-Uk sailings, with the exception of the 14-night Mediterranean cruises. In reality, Royal just wouldn’t fill the ship if it was doing the same 2 week itinerary all season long, plus they could make quick money elsewhere.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Oasis looks to be staying in the caribbean for Summer 2025.

In my opinion, Allure *may* get her amplification, as her last cruise currently ends on 10th Feb and a maintenance dry-dock only usually lasts around 1 month at max, so this would leave plenty of time before a potential Europe season. However, I think she will be based in Barcelona doing the usual 7-night med cruises, as I don’t think there is an Oasis class market in Southampton. As I have mentioned previously, OC could only fit into very few ports on the ex-Uk sailings, with the exception of the 14-night Mediterranean cruises. In reality, Royal just wouldn’t fill the ship if it was doing the same 2 week itinerary all season long, plus they could make quick money elsewhere.

The talk on Oa/Allu coming to Sou was on Anthem a few weeks ago

If Norway is off the table for Royal ships from Summer 2025 due to environmental requirements they can also change their approach and send Allure. Shorther cruises to e.g. Le Havre, Rotterdam, Zeebruegge, Cherbourg and Hamburg and longer ones to some Canary Islands, La Coruna, Vigo, Cadiz and Lisbon are always possible. 

5 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

If Norway is off the table for Royal ships from Summer 2025 due to environmental requirements.

Just to confirm, Royal is still planning cruises to Norway in 2025, but this will likely be the last year. Brilliance is currently scheduled in some Norwegian ports throughout the summer, likely replacing Jewel in Amsterdam. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Just to confirm, Royal is still planning cruises to Norway in 2025, but this will likely be the last year. Brilliance is currently scheduled in some Norwegian ports throughout the summer, likely replacing Jewel in Amsterdam. 

What exactly is the new legislation - is it banning ships over a certain size , or is it to do with other criteria ?

36 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

What exactly is the new legislation - is it banning ships over a certain size , or is it to do with other criteria ?

The new legislation only permits cruise ships that have zero-emissions into certain ports. However, there is currently no cruise ship that meets this standard, which means it is impossible for any line to continue Fjords cruises from Jan 2026.

Check out this article for more info:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidnikel/2023/03/16/why-norwegian-fjords-cruises-will-soon-change/amp/

24 minutes ago, CroNich said:

Any chance of an Oasis class (or even a freedom class) coming to AUS/NZ?

Im over the quantum class tbh 

Probably a high chance in the future, especially as Icon class continues to grow. It will take time for all ports to adopt an Oasis standard, but the latest Brisbane cruise terminal was built to handle Oasis class, so it is likely that it would homeport there. As Wonder was originally supposed to go to China, maybe they would consider doing a split deployment where an Oasis class spends 6 months in China and then 6 months in Aus.

• Like 1

Just now, Jumping Cruiser said:

Probably a high chance in the future, especially as Icon class continues to grow. It will take time for all ports to adopt an Oasis standard, but the latest Brisbane cruise terminal was built to handle Oasis class, so it is likely that it would homeport there. As Wonder was originally supposed to go to China, maybe they would consider doing a split deployment where an Oasis class spends 6 months in China and then 6 months in Aus.

7 day South Pacific cruises out of Brisbane would be nice. Could do stops at Noumea and maybe one day the new private island without tendering, and surely they could help fund upgrades to other ports there. 

10 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

The new legislation only permits cruise ships that have zero-emissions into certain ports. However, there is currently no cruise ship that meets this standard, which means it is impossible for any line to continue Fjords cruises from Jan 2026.

Check out this article for more info:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidnikel/2023/03/16/why-norwegian-fjords-cruises-will-soon-change/amp/

Thanks- that makes it clear.

Think ill book a Norwegian fjords cruise for 2024 lol

• Like 1

Just now, CroNich said:

7 day South Pacific cruises out of Brisbane would be nice. Could do stops at Noumea and maybe one day the new private island without tendering, and surely they could help fund upgrades to other ports there. 

Yes, I imagine that Oasis class might be in the region when Lelepa is open, similar to the many cruises that go to PDCC.

8 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

Thanks- that makes it clear.

Think ill book a Norwegian fjords cruise for 2024 lol

Last quarter of WC is doing just that.  🙂  Looking forward to touring through there on Serenade.  

59 minutes ago, island lady said:

Last quarter of WC is doing just that.  🙂  Looking forward to touring through there on Serenade.  

Even the small segments of the WC are fantastic itineraries- I wish they would repeat some of these ports more regularly on the normal deployments .

• Like 3

Just now, Trixie21 said:

Even the small segments of the WC are fantastic itineraries- I wish they would repeat some of these ports more regularly on the normal deployments .

The Jewel has the best Arctic Circle itineraries.  They typically include Geiranger with a spectacular sail down the Fjord to the end, and Honningsvag.  On a North Cape tour from Honnigsvag, you can see the North Pole on a clear day.  Those two Ports were fantastic.  We took a private tours with Norway Excursions in Geiranger and with Blue Puffin in Honnigsvag.  Highly recommend both!

We wish the World Cruise leg were visiting these as we’d love to visit them again!