Deployment 2024-25 booking season begins

3 hours ago, mugtech said:

Guess so.  Anyone have a live report on the Asian food currently offered on Spectrum?

These are the MDR menus for Spectrum out of Singapore, as of a couple of months back. I would doubt that anything has changed since. Even though the themes of the menus remain the same, take a look as some options are different to suit the region.

IMG_4627.thumb.jpeg.22d13a9566f67619bf91d49226039850.jpeg

IMG_4626.thumb.jpeg.926c5612b95ef157a4f8154f7c32decc.jpeg

IMG_4625.thumb.jpeg.aa3ef1851c234f76583d1ff999e5b0ae.jpeg

IMG_4624.thumb.jpeg.efa977f06b16a2170bf79599db486ba8.jpeg

IMG_4623.thumb.jpeg.7b9aeb17280d6397ecdcecd458eee1f8.jpeg

IMG_4622.thumb.jpeg.f32cdfdb385782da4526ed9bf68605bc.jpeg

IMG_4621.thumb.jpeg.4c1696c45a8859728cd4386900df18c0.jpeg

IMG_4620.thumb.jpeg.8db67838234cd81b289981529a204766.jpeg

IMG_4619.thumb.jpeg.5ca25e4e7415334d6e53d1c7e9a62222.jpeg

BUT… back to deployment talk now, before we end up with the 1000th food thread! 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Are there any New Zealand/South Pacific ports that are reporting port bookings for the 25/26 season? I know Sydney has them listed already.

Only Sydney with port bookings that are viewable at the minute, but more will start to appear over the coming months. Keep an eye on the 25-26 Deployment thread for more info.

29 minutes ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Only Sydney with port bookings that are viewable at the minute, but more will start to appear over the coming months. Keep an eye on the 25-26 Deployment thread for more info.

Thanks! Didn’t realize the 25/26 thread was started. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mugtech said:

Guess so.  Anyone have a live report on the Asian food currently offered on Spectrum?

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

@ARandomTraveler is on board now and may provide some info.

Bat signal received - I boarded yesterday and have only been to the MDR lunch buffet and the Hot Pot restaurant so far, but both were delicious and nothing like the food on the Caribbean itineraries. I'll have to check out the regular MDR and windjammer food and report back.

I walked through the windjammer last night to get to the Hot Pot restaurant and I looked at the food offerings, everything was Asian and Indian, with a small section of American food (ribs, bbq chicken and spaghetti). I'll be checking out breakfast here in a couple hours.

Side note - it appears the decreased service memo has not yet made it to this part of the world yet. We got the nighttime turn down service yesterday. We'll see if that continues.

Here's the menu for tonight on the app:

1AC67C40-0017-435C-A8F7-972770E9845A.thumb.png.e44a206718a165d5ea76cb56b2b700f2.png17C30197-3550-44BD-B702-2BE7D1114596.thumb.png.bb405ecbb6eb5b650260dd4089361116.pngEF1B118D-F2AB-42F1-B15E-E5682E18A8B7.thumb.png.da16c5309af4682ff9ca711e6a7812b8.png1DC3099C-BB2C-473A-94A6-7985B365244C.thumb.png.62681f868979d754ded6c68b6ea4844d.png

• Thanks 3

20 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Not really - I was trying to understand how this relates to the topic...but it seems you were just posting something totally unrelated?!

Welcome to CC, where it is common that old, long running threads will have some degree of "drift".  Human nature, and no police were called to the scene.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Welcome to CC, where it is common that old, long running threads will have some degree of "drift".  Human nature, and no police were called to the scene.  

Hello,

And here is an example:

Several years ago I had my Independence Roll Call hijacked for about three pages by Americans discussing their property insurance. Less 'drift', more 'Tsunami'!

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Update on the Freedom dry dock issue that caused cruises in November and December 2024 to be cancelled. Those of us who were impacted by this have recently been informed that our cruises have been reinstated and we can revert to them if we wish.

January 2025 and the first half of February 2025 have now been taken off sale. That period was when the dry dock was originally supposed to happen, so it appears that Royal have now somehow managed to get those dates back. Much better for them as it means they will not lose the high revenue 2024 Thanksgiving and Christmas cruises.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Something that must have just happened in the last day or so, looks like Grandeur is no longer coming to Boston for fall 2024. I have been tracking prices for the four night sailing next November, and was really thinking about putting down a deposit after getting off Serenade today. Went to check on prices and noticed that they were quite a bit higher, and then saw that the ship was switched to Jewel. Looks like Jewel will be coming from Europe, and Grandeur will be staying in Tampa. It looks like the only two changes are that they will no longer be a Tampa to Boston repositioning next summer, and there will not be a four night cruise from Boston to Halifax in early November. Has anyone heard anything about this? This seems like a very sudden change and could be disappointing for some as it looks like it will result in at least two canceled cruises. 

10 minutes ago, little britain said:

There is a fabulous Jewel repo in 8/24 from Amsterdam to Boston via Iceland and Greenland. There is also a new Arctic cruise prior to that which were added at very good prices. 

These are our cruises that they cancelled when they decided to move Jewel to Haifa for the remainder of 2024. 😫

• 2 months later...

One can assume RCI won't be far behind.

"

Carnival Corporation said on Tuesday it had made the decision to reroute itineraries for 12 ships across seven brands, which were scheduled to transit the Red Sea through May 2024.

The Red Sea rerouting is expected to have an adjusted earnings per share impact of $0.07 to $0.08 for full year 2024, the company announced, with the vast majority of the impact in the second quarter.

Carnival said it has not seen an impact on booking trends due to the Red Sea situation and has no other Red Sea transits until November 2024."

Red Sea Changes: Carnival Corp. Rerouting 12 Cruise Ships - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

Since RC only has one cruise through the area and those folks are already on the ship, they can afford to wait a bit longer.

Not everyone.  Some folks board later or earlier. Someone on board now will be departing at end of 2nd leg I think and reboarding for the last leg.

1 minute ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Anthem needs to go soon too....or be re-deployed!

?  Isn't Anthem sailing out of Cape Liberty now?  The concern is for ships scheduled to sail through the Red Sea and Suez Canal in the near future.. 

5 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

She is supposed to go to Singapore

Ok.  So she may need to be rerouted.  

Actually she can be routed through the Panama Canal, though those slots are booked way in advance,  or around South America.   What was her scheduled itinerary?

Edited by njkruzer

59 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Ok.  So she may need to be rerouted.  

Actually she can be routed through the Panama Canal, though those slots are booked way in advance,  or around South America.   What was her scheduled itinerary?

It's a bit more complicated than that because she's doing summer in Europe first. Scheduled to depart Southampton for Rome on the 14th of October; Rome to Dubai on the 23rd of October; and Dubai to Singapore on the 7th of November.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

It's a bit more complicated than that because she's doing summer in Europe first. Scheduled to depart Southampton for Rome on the 14th of October; Rome to Dubai on the 23rd of October; and Dubai to Singapore on the 7th of November.

Yes I see that now.  Obviously the Spring 2024 cruises are first.  Hopefully by October things will be better,  or at least we can hope.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Not everyone.  Some folks board later or earlier. Someone on board now will be departing at end of 2nd leg I think and reboarding for the last leg.

Exactly, I was looking at the SIN to DXB mini sector (Serenade) but don't want to book until I know if the ship will go to Dubai

Edited by sgmn

• 4 weeks later...