Is there still a bacon shortage? 🤣🤣

Indianamale

2 hours ago, staceyglow said:

Perhaps you can ask a server to bring some up from the crew's quarters 😆

When we did the "Behind the Fun" tour several years ago, we got to tour the Crew quarters and dining hall... and we all checked out their menu.  Yes... oh yes, I would love to eat from their menu.  They told us that the Crew get to vote on menu items they want and since there is a high percentage of Asian and Indian members, they had a lot of yummy foods listed, and totally different from upstairs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When we were on X and NCL we ate curry with our eggs and bacon for breakfast. So good. Princess last year had congee with all the toppings and spiced tofu/chickpea curry on the breakfast bar.

At home I tend to use left over Pakoras (both homemade and shop bought) which are Indian spiced fritters with runny fried eggs and bread or make up congee in the morning when it's cold and serve it with soy sauce and meat.

Edited by Velvetwater
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2022 at 9:02 PM, mz-s said:

Yes, actually to quote the Guy's burger cook on the Freedom when I was on it - there is a "bacon crisis"

Bacon is never coming back to the buffet daily. As we all know there is not nor has there ever been a bacon shortage. It's a shortage of bacon at the price Carnival wants to pay. But that is nothing new. They've been rationing bacon for years. They're cutting back on food in other ways too - I don't think I've received a whole baked potato in the MDR on any of my 3 cruises since the restart.

Don't get me wrong, for the most part I love Carnival's product - but they have seriously cheapened their product in the past few years and cranked it up to 11 post COVID.

We had trouble getting bacon here at home for a long time.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ManyMore said:

We had trouble getting bacon here at home for a long time.

Same here. The Kroger's we shop at, is constantly out of ALL varieties of bacon, even the pre-cooked. But it can't last forever. 

• Thanks 1

We just disembarked Magic today. Bacon was always available in the MDR for both breakfast and brunch, but it alternated by day at the Lido buffet. It's not as if we lacked for options, though.😃

Edited by nybumpkin
  • Thanks 1

Bacon has not only been a shortage but the quality is always changing and many times is better.  On one cruise a month ago the bacon was “THICK” slices and wonderful and last week it was nice regular home-styled slices with a wonderful flavor.  In both cases it was t Lilly I would have found bacon as good in my own kitchen.  Who knows what the next bacon trio will find.  

• Like 1

On princess last week they had so much bacon.   And a sign that said for crispy bacon please ask.      I asked every day.    
maybe it’s time for a princess cruise.    It is carnival after alll. 

ADECED1B-558C-4667-9AB1-6520474C088B.jpeg

0C1E139B-EF29-41AC-91AF-40F9525EF325.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tigereye said:

Velvetwater, we were on the Glory last week also and the day that they had bacon it was terrible quality. Really fat. Maybe they are trying to kill passenger's desire for it.

We generally only have a little bit of bacon on Carnival as we prefer back bacon anyway. I think you guys call this Canadian bacon?

I don't understand the cut down on bacon but there being more smoked salmon on carnival. I like both but salmon is pricier.

Guest BasicSailor
On 8/12/2022 at 12:52 PM, Ptroxx said:

On princess last week they had so much bacon.   And a sign that said for crispy bacon please ask.      I asked every day.    
maybe it’s time for a princess cruise.    It is carnival after alll. 

ADECED1B-558C-4667-9AB1-6520474C088B.jpeg

0C1E139B-EF29-41AC-91AF-40F9525EF325.jpeg

No offence, but that's just not me 🤐

1 hour ago, robc1972 said:

I just wish they would actually cook the bacon.

Bacon is supposed to be crisp, not that soggy mess they try and pass off as cooked bacon.

I know it’s not carnival. But On princess discover . They had a sign crispy bacon available please ask.     
And we had bacon every day.   No shortage on the discover.  

Edited by Ptroxx

I am glad I never really understood the whole bacon thing? It taste good but everything that taste good is not good for you. When I do get bacon I get a few slices and leave some for the person behind me. I have literally seen people hold up the breakfast buffet line demanding 10 more slices of bacon! 

It's about enjoying our cruise adventures, indulging a bit while still taking care of ourselves.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

I am glad I never really understood the whole bacon thing? It taste good but everything that taste good is not good for you. When I do get bacon I get a few slices and leave some for the person behind me. I have literally seen people hold up the breakfast buffet line demanding 10 more slices of bacon! 

It's about enjoying our cruise adventures, indulging a bit while still taking care of ourselves.  

Maybe for you lol.  I’ve seen people hold up the line for more stupid things than just bacon.  
don’t judge people because they like bacon.  It’s not for everyone.    🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓🥓

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 12:48 PM, iria64 said:

Bacon was available on the Mardi Gras buffet every other day

Every other day buffet bacon across an entire fleet which is known to follow rules and policies closely does not feel very random.   This would be a good JH question.