NCL drops vaccine requirement after September 3rd

SeaPink0409

5 minutes ago, Bers said:

And you think the vaccine does? 

This is great news. Literally went straight to the NCL website to book, and I've only ever went with Carnival. The company who originally stated they would not mandate the vaccine (Carnival) should be first in line to drop it. 

Which ship are you trying out 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruisinbeachbum said:

I was replying to the poster who said she thinks testing does more to prevent spreading than the vaccine. 

Not here to fight, just offered my preference if it's one or the other. 

Copy. I think many of us can agree they both have their faults. 😊

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, txcruiser1234 said:

I vote a hard 'no' on this line item. I don't want to have to start showing and explaining my health insurance papers to a cruise line, or get some sort of 'proof of minimum insurance card', or have to purchase some other coverage I don't want or need.

Thank you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cmichael1221 said:

follow a private company's rules if you want to do business with them, or the freedom to stay home.

Awesome to hear this worn-out, overused preschool line that has all new meaning.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Which ship are you trying out 

I'm single, so I'm looking at the ships with the studios leaving the west coast to miminize hurricanes, like the Norwegian Bliss. I typically neeeeeeed the balcony but just to go on a cruise I'll try anything, for crying out loud. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bers said:

I'm single, so I'm looking at the ships with the studios leaving the west coast to miminize hurricanes, like the Norwegian Bliss. I typically neeeeeeed the balcony but just to go on a cruise I'll try anything, for crying out loud. 😂

Any Celebrity ships on west coast?  NO Solo Supplement on hundreds of cruises.  You can book a balcony for the cost of a studio on NCL.  Sometimes NCL also has 50% or 75% supplements; you might be able to book a "large" interior for the cost of a studio or less.  Bon Voyage 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bguppies said:

I'm looking forward to first line to 100% drop the pre cruise testing BS.

Kudos to NCL.

I recall when NCL was the line that refused to let the unvaxed cruise. Oh for the good old days 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Any Celebrity ships on west coast?  NO Solo Supplement on hundreds of cruises.  You can book a balcony for the cost of a studio on NCL.  Sometimes NCL also has 50% or 75% supplements; you might be able to book a "large" interior for the cost of a studio or less.  Bon Voyage 

Yep. NCL single cabins often cost more than paying the single supplement for a regular cabin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisinbeachbum said:

I'd rather be vaccinated than have to test. It's becoming so much harder to find a test. Plus the test doesn't do a ton to prevent spreading since people are testing 3 days in advance then a lot of them are getting on a plane. 

Only way a test is 100 percent effective to stop spreading is if you did it and then quarantined but that's obviously not a plausible thing. As soon as you go out in public you could catch it/spread it, etc. 

Testing doesn't stop the spread

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisinbeachbum said:

It's becoming so much harder to find a test.

Really?  I just went ot my pharmacist and asked for a test kit and they gave me three boxes.  I thought it would actually be easier now that you can use the free test kits and set up an appt to be proctored online??

3 minutes ago, LadyMac72 said:

Just be sure to keep your mouths off people who still choose to mask as a result of this news.... I know my mother will on our October cruise.

No reason to be concerned, as you most likely won't be treated as those were treated before the tables were turned.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

I think all that has happened is the CDC and NCL are dropping any responsibility for what happens, and also for passengers to figure out the requirements themselves for individual ports that allow it. You didn't know you needed a pre-cruise test to exit at this port? Too bad, so sad.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

It is clear that cruise industry is still suffering and this is an effort to increase the passenger base. Soon the cruise lines will have to raise prices and they hope the unvaccinated will help fill the ships. 

The last estimates I read was that only about 65% of Americans opted for the vaccines. And less than half of the vaccinated chose to boost. So it's really poor business to continue to restrict their product to a little more than half of the country. It's one thing when government is forcing you to do that, but that's not the case anymore.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lasvegascruising said:

NCL here I come!! Hey, cruisin from vegas, do you ever enter a hotel here in sin city?

Of course I do.  I still mask in large crowds, or avoid them.  I’m not living there for 7 days . I avoid crowded elevators etc.  I just got Covid last week on the Horizon.  I’ll never got it here for over two years… or two other cruises earlier this year with masks.. sooo…. Again you don’t get it..  I’m vaccinated  and double boosted and still got it.  But I’m NOT DEAD or hospitalized..  the unvaccinated will also get it on ships… but they will be sicker and more will die.  Then the media will close down the cruse industry.  That’s the point

• Like 7
  • Haha 4