Bringing Water Onboard?

mthayer295

Even though we are platinum, it has been 5 years since we have been on NCL.  We cruised Viking River and Ocean for a few years prior to COVID and this is our first cruise since then.   What is the latest policy with NCL in terms of bringing our own water bottles on board?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mthayer295 said:

bringing our own water bottles

You can bring empty refillable bottles to fill from dispensers (the tap in your room or the public dispensers in the buffet via a clean class/cup), but you can't bring filled single-use bottles purchased from a store.

There is nothing wrong with drinking the water from the tap, or at the buffet or in the restaurants.  Paying for bottled water isn't really necessary or using a filter for that matter.  But, it's what you feel most comfortable with.

Enjoy whatever cruise you are going on.

happytotravel

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Gonna say no.  And I don't think you are allowed to bring on water in a reusable water bottle either, at least we were not last time we tried (water and ice had to be dumped out).

I did in March. 

You got me - I filled it in the lounge after security and check-in, while I was waiting to board.

• Haha 1

We did by accident this past February.   We packed a few bottles to use the day before in Miami, but did not use them as our hotel gave us bottled water.   Totally forgot about them until I unpacked our suitcases when we got to our cabin.

9 hours ago, happytotravel said:

There is nothing wrong with drinking the water from the tap, or at the buffet or in the restaurants.  Paying for bottled water isn't really necessary or using a filter for that matter.  But, it's what you feel most comfortable with.

happytotravel

We decided to drink bottled water rather than stuff out of the tap.

image.png.e47994c3b3bd46f370116bcb54550a2c.png

image.png.25eb52c574752c5f035424def14440ec.png

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mast3rn8 said:

I'm going to test out these water bottles w/ filters next month. I also recently read that the water in your cabin's bathroom sink is the same water that's served in restaurants..

It is the same water, but the water that comes out of your tap in the stateroom is chlorinated. In the restaurants they use carbon filtration which removes the chlorine and makes the water taste better. The level of chlorination is not usually any higher than what you find in municipal water systems if they are still using chlorine.

I don't drink much alcohol on cruises, every now and then a scotch rocks,  so water is my drink of choice. I don't like the taste of the tap water at all, so I buy the boxed water they sell now. When I decide to have a drink I just go with whatever is cheapest because I can't tell the difference between the different scotches.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, happytotravel said:

happytotravel

that is…unless you have a tongue.   with taste buds.  

• Like 3

• I don't drink the tap water, anywhere, not at home, not at restaurants ( I order bottled water)  , not on a ship or in a hotel room.  I drink Packaged water.  Everywhere.  I don't like the taste of anything but packaged water.  I get the water package every cruise.  The ship water makes me swell up in my feet.  when I have the packaged water I don't.  The water has minerals added to it for taste in which the  minerals include a for  of salt which I have issues with.  The package is like $59 for 24 liters.  worth every penny.  so glad the switched  water labels.  Flow is much better than just water was. no odd taste if you drink from the container.
  •  
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Wasn't this posted a few months ago? And the answer was the system just needed to be flushed for awhile? There's no need to cause alarm when an inadequate system flush is what caused that. To be fair - I wouldn't drink that water if it came out of the tap either. I would let the water run for a long time and see if that cleared it up though.

Taste is certainly personal preference, but cruise lines aren't in the habit of purposely making their customers sick. That would negatively impact their bottom line. And we all know frankie boy (and friends) only care about padding that wallet of theirs.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, happytotravel said:

happytotravel

I'm with you!! Tap water forever! I don't like overpriced, bottled tap water anyway - except Saratoga.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I'm with you!! Tap water forever! I don't like overpriced, bottled tap water anyway - except Saratoga.

Americans are suckers for a good scam, bottled water being one of the largest

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You’ve been posting this picture for years.  Does this happen?  Obviously.  But I’ve been cruising since 1975 and have never run into this problem.

• Like 2

When I lived in NYC we had the absolute tap water.  It won taste tests against all kinds of bottled water brands for years.  Here in NJ the water just tastes weird, so we have a water cooler and a tap in the fridge with a filter.   That said, we usually drink bottled water when we go out and I can usually drink any brand.  My son on the other hand can't stand the bottle purified water, only natural spring water like Poland Spring.   I generally won't drink the tap water on the cruise, but I have in the past and it's fine.  Same with the water at the table or buffet. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Just or the record, Utica has some of the worst water in their tap and has had the highest contaminates....   soooooo 😉 

2 hours ago, juju2454 said:

Just or the record, Utica has some of the worst water in their tap and has had the highest contaminates....   soooooo 😉 

Haha well thankfully I just put Utica instead of where I live which is south of the city. We are on filtered well water. Now I do know why the water at my office tastes funky though!

Sorry that this is so off topic but just had to respond.  I can’t answer the question, but….

Molokai-Chuck - I sailed on the SS Independence in the late ‘80s.  You are the first person I’ve run into that sailed on her way back when.

Edited by ChicagoBarb