On board coral Princess now

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I suggest you head to the right when you get off the ship and continue roughly northwards to get to the Cairns Esplanade Lagoon (beautiful swimming 'pool'). It is lovely. Another option is to visit the Cairns Aquarium (cnr Abbott and Florence Sts).

Thanks. I didn't see this till I was back on ship.

Maybe next time I'm in  Port Douglas. 

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I only use cheques to use for birthday gifts for people under 30, that way it costs me nothing as they have no idea what they are. 😉

My Dad was telling me how two of his great grandchildren reacted to receiving a cheque from him. Neither had seen one before and couldn't work out what you did with it.

• Haha 1

Well, I know what to do with cheques but .... if all the banks and ATMs have closed in your area, you're stuffed.

DH and I have a joint cheque account from the olden days and that bank hasn't issued cheque books for over 10 years.  Just saying.

36 minutes ago, Belmont Babe said:

Can anyone currently or previously on board tell me about the state (operating or not) of the library?

The Coral Princess has probably the best library I've seen at sea. Lovely room, plenty of seating and walls of books. The card/games room is equally impressive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Belmont Babe said:

Can anyone currently or previously on board tell me about the state (operating or not) of the library?

My husband likes to bring a lot of books, read them and then donate them to the library.

The library  is a lovely  area with very comfy chairs with excellent  views over the water. They have a good selection  of books. More than I have seen on other ships. I plan on leaving my books at the end of the cruise. 

They have help yourself  crosswords, sudoko and word  games every day.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Are you comparing Gods country to Wisconsin -40 ° winter?

Maybe!  We have never been in the Southern Hemisphere, and Carnival Splendor has a cruise June 2023 out of Sydney we're interested in.  My wife HATES the cold and the weather will play a role in her enjoyment. I'm trying to get an idea of what to expect weather-wise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, imacruiser4347 said:

Maybe!  We have never been in the Southern Hemisphere, and Carnival Splendor has a cruise June 2023 out of Sydney we're interested in.  My wife HATES the cold and the weather will play a role in her enjoyment. I'm trying to get an idea of what to expect weather-wise.

June sailing out of Sydney 4pm would be fresh, pants/jeans and jacket 13°c( 55 ° f) but some Aussie will be still in shorts and flip flops .Arlie Beach would be 25°c (77°f) average max during the day ,shorts and swim wear but i take a spray jacket/ wind cheater for early morning tender transfer and return . September spring would be the best time with January summer, too hot and humid. I have several bookings for June 2023 .

"Average weather June in Airlie Beach, Australia" https://weather-and-climate.com/airlie-beach-June-averages

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

The Coral Princess has probably the best library I've seen at sea. Lovely room, plenty of seating and walls of books. The card/games room is equally impressive.

Yes it is good, but QM2 library is fantastic, huge.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, austromyrtus said:

just wonderng if there are kettles in the cabins on coral princess? if not, is it pissible to request one? thanks

No and no. You. An request hot water which will be delivered in an insulated jug snd more than hot enough for tea etc.

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2022 at 6:03 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

On your phone have you tried this:

Ensure Mobile Data is off.

Log out of the Medallion app then log back in again using Quick Access and your cabin number.

That's what Guest Services recommended when I was having problems onboard. It worked perfectly after that.

Yes I remembered you saying that and so did do a log off and log on at the beginning. The problem is I have set iPad up for internet and have to remember it’s only one device at a time. 

I did notice quite a few maskless or under noses numbers on the water shuttle into Port Douglas yesterday. There was quite a large group who all seemed to be not wearing masks. And of course no masks on way out to reef as not required by Quicksilver. 

I have to remember masks are not required on the outside decks as I tend to get a bit harumphy but forget not required. In the buffet I did see a pax reminded by a crew member. 

Obligatory stop at Willis Is - 15 mins - to meet international waters requirement. On our way south again now. 

A couple of lovely humpback whales on the way out to the reef yesterday and also some turtles while there so good sightings.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2022 at 10:01 AM, SinbadThePorter said:

Very much down to luck. We've been up the Qld coast on Coral twice now, weeks apart, and both times were cool, windy, cloudy and rainy. Still enjoyed it though.

And we have had lovely hot weather with hardly any wind - hope I didn’t just jinx myself. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Aussieflyer said:

And we have had lovely hot weather with hardly any wind - hope I didn’t just jinx myself. 

I think not. Last I looked, Brisbane was looking at a top of 26 deg for your return on Friday. It is even nice on this side of the border.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 2:26 PM, NSWP said:

Not good, slack on masks and drunks.  What are Princess staff doing re mask enforcement? Sounds like not much, little wonder Covid is still on the ship,! 

Drunks on board, where is the enforcement re  Responsible Service of Alcohol?

Ok so I am on this cruise also & I feel that most people are wearing masks & if they aren't they are told to cover up. The staff have boxes of masks  & offer them to you. Regarding drunks I don't know where the op was, but I haven't seen it. I had 2 wines Saturday so definitely had all my senses about me.

Think we must be on 2 different Coral Princess ships🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Aussieflyer said:

Yes I remembered you saying that and so did do a log off and log on at the beginning. The problem is I have set iPad up for internet and have to remember it’s only one device at a time. 

I did notice quite a few maskless or under noses numbers on the water shuttle into Port Douglas yesterday. There was quite a large group who all seemed to be not wearing masks. And of course no masks on way out to reef as not required by Quicksilver. 

I have to remember masks are not required on the outside decks as I tend to get a bit harumphy but forget not required. In the buffet I did see a pax reminded by a crew member. 

Obligatory stop at Willis Is - 15 mins - to meet international waters requirement. On our way south again now. 

A couple of lovely humpback whales on the way out to the reef yesterday and also some turtles while there so good sightings.

Hopefully nobody caught Covid on the reef excursion. How was that excursion? Is it good value for money? I like snorkelling but DH doesn't so we're tossing up between that or the Whitehaven Beach trip. However we are going to wait to see what the weather forecast is like before booking anything. We'll take the risk of missing out but never mind.

On 8/13/2022 at 4:30 PM, Jean C said:

Look out for the couple aboard who are doing 2 years back-to-back cruising - they were 3rd most travelled at the end of July - Jessica and Marty Ansen (surely they must be getting a bit bored with the constant Groundhog Day?)

Screenshot_20220813-182148_Samsung Internet.jpg

I met them they are very friendly 🙂

Just back from most travelled lunch. Food and wine were lovely. I had the seafood starter and beef medallion. There were Petit fours that I forgot to take photos of. Had a great table of guests. Top 40 cruisers. Officers don't stay for the meal due to covid.

20220817_120451.jpg

20220817_122750.jpg

20220817_122803.jpg

20220817_125212.jpg

20220817_125226.jpg

20220817_132232.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I didn't say the cruise was full of drunk people.  I said that on embarkation  day there was a lot of drunk people  by 5pm.

Embarkation was Friday not Saturday. One too many drinks for you I think 🍹

• Like 1