Another D+ BOGO Question

I apologize because I KNOW I saw this covered months ago but I cannot find that thread using this search engine!  We just turned D+ on our last cruise and I wondered if we can use that BOGO discount for an embarcation lunch in Chops on Enchantment (the only specialty restaurant on Enchantment is Chops). I believe the voucher will say that it is for dinner because I know my sister and BIL have done this in the past.  I just thought that lunch in Chops on embarcation day would be such a great way to start the cruise.  Thank you for any information and I'm sorry to revisit this question since I remember this being asked before...but sadly, I cannot remember the responses.  So annoying.  Again, I apologize but, as always, appreciate your help!

Joanne

Idk just asking ao what would your 2nd be, if that's your first of the bogo. Another chops lunch? Or are you travelling with someone also D+?

I'm solo and only remember mine said excludes izumi and chefs dinner when I read it on grandeur. I didnt keep the paper that was in my cabin. 

Following. Curious. 

I've got a piggy back question I couldn't find in a search. 

If on boarding day they are offering promo prices to get someone to sign up for specialty restaurants, and my group wants to do it, can I get bogo paying the discounted rate to cover two of us?  Or is the bogo off the normal rate?  

14 minutes ago, SAmome said:

I've got a piggy back question I couldn't find in a search. 

If on boarding day they are offering promo prices to get someone to sign up for specialty restaurants, and my group wants to do it, can I get bogo paying the discounted rate to cover two of us?  Or is the bogo off the normal rate?  

In our experience, BOGO is at on board rate. If you reserved and paid earlier, but then want to use the BOGO, they refund your purchase and charge the current rate. The BOGO is often not that much better than a good sale on the planner. 

m

2 hours ago, nelblu said:

I would never use a valuable D+ BOGO coupon for lunch.

Understand, but I can't think of a nicer way to start off the cruise than a lovely, quiet lunch amid all of the hustle and bustle of the first day, while waiting for our cabin to be ready.  😎

• Like 3

1 hour ago, artvlay said:

I remember seeing in the past that you can use your D+ Bogo on nights other than the first two if you paid on the first two nights. It doesn't make sense to me but I wanted to ask.

We tried doing that last month on Symphony, went to Chops and asked, and the answer was No. 

1 hour ago, alex_drew said:

Understand, but I can't think of a nicer way to start off the cruise than a lovely, quiet lunch amid all of the hustle and bustle of the first day, while waiting for our cabin to be ready.  😎

Exactly; it’s pretty much the same menu as dinner; and it’s cheaper for the one cover you pay. And it avoids the bun fight that is the WJ. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandebeach said:

We tried doing that last month on Symphony, went to Chops and asked, and the answer was No. 

We’ve been hot or miss in paying on the first day and using layer in the cruise. Seems some ships allow it and others not. Perhaps since the sale of weekly dining packages, the restaurants are more  full and they don’t need to offer the Bogo extension. 
m

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nelblu said:

I would never use a valuable D+ BOGO coupon for lunch.

Recently dinner has gotten so expensive that our BOGO often goes to waste. Chops was just about $70 on a recent Harmony cruise. By the time the gratuity (for just one meal) was added it was over $80  then plus  the gratuity we would be adding on the “free“ dinner  -we decided to pass. We didn’t want to pay nearly $100 to use the “free” dinner 

On a few cruises the letter states that the BOGO is for dinner. 

We used to use it, maybe 5 years ago, for an inexpensive and leisure boarding day chops lunch. 

And since we each get one, I guess if we wanted to, we could use one for lunch and still save one for dinner. 
m

5 hours ago, alex_drew said:

I know, but my first thought as I'm boarding is to run to the Central Park Cafe for my roast beef sandwich.😆

32 minutes ago, robmtx said:

Wait, am I missing something. We'll be D+ after our next cruise and I looked at the PDF. Didn't see a BOGO offer on it?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

Is this not up to date?

It might be a onboard perk, some arent listed. Diamond plus gets bogo. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, robmtx said:

Wait, am I missing something. We'll be D+ after our next cruise and I looked at the PDF. Didn't see a BOGO offer on it?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

Is this not up to date?

Lots of info on the  benefits are found  in the welcome letter that is delivered to the cabin.    It will list all the on board benefits. 

M

2 hours ago, homedepot124 said:

We tried to use the BOGO for Chops lunch on Enchantment in June and were told NO in no uncertain terms. 

Ugh.  Well, I guess we'll just try on embarcation day and be prepared to be turned away. 😪 Thanks for posting!

Joanne

4 hours ago, cruising twosome said:

When we were on Ovation in May, they weren’t honoring BOGO for Diamond+ at all! Hope it will be offered next month when we go to Hawaii on Ovation.

When something like that happens send a tweet or FB message to Royal...amazing how quickly these things get corrected in many cases. 

• Like 1