Saint Greg's New York City and Magic to Bermuda - Live - August 27-September 5 2022

Saint Greg

I discussed this with @Jamman54 the other night but I guess the rest of yous don’t know (that’s me doing my new york talk btw). I decided not to make my 10am arrival appointment. I’m going to drop my bags off and spend a couple more hours in the city. That may be when I do intrepid since it’s so close. 

• Like 15

A little bonus. My summer movie rankings. Regrettably, I missed Paws of Fury. But it just goes to show you how different people can be with movies. My barber said Bullet Train is the worst Brad Pitt movie ever made. I loved it. I haven’t seen every Brad Pitt movie, but I did see Cool World which should be enough to debunk his claim. He loved Where the Crawdads Sing. While I agree it’s a good story and I enjoyed the end, I hated watching it. It was so boring. I’m contemplating switching barbers. 

1. Top Gun: Maverick
2. Bullet Train
3. 3,000 Years of Longing
4. Elvis
5. Thor 4: Love and War
6. Jurassic World: Dominion
7. Where the Crawdads Sing
8. Beast
9. Fall
10. Orphan: First Kill
11. The Invitation

12. Minions: The Rise of Gru
13. The Black phone
14. Easter Sunday (Warning: Contains karaoke)

15. Bodies Bodies Bodies
16. DC Super Pets
17. Mack & Rita
18. Light Year
19. Nope

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m not there yet but I will be in 27 1/2 hours. I remember hearing that NYC schools started up after Labor Day but that was before covid. Maybe they start up earlier now.

NYC schools begin 9/8.  Some schools on Long Island are beginning 8/31or so.  My friends in CT have their kids going back 8/29.  All different start dates- but again, hopefully that will mean less kids.  The one complaint I had on Magic was the unsupervised kids running around (literally) at all hours of the day and night.

@Saint GregI have to agree about "Nope".  There are very few movies that I dislike; "Nope" was one of them.

I'll be on the Magic 9/10.  Please report back about the quality of the production shows.  And, if you go to the buffet (lunch & dinner)....if there's a big variety.  As I recall...I wasn't thrilled with Carnival's food.

@Saint Greg Thanks for your "Rotten Tomatoes" votes.  Where the Crawdads Sing was better as a book. I'd place Minions over Jurassic Park, Thor, and Fall.  Haven't see Beast or Bullet Train (seems to me to be ones to wait until they show up on free TV.

Anyway, your cruise finally starts tomorrow so watching more closely.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

@Saint Greg Thanks for your "Rotten Tomatoes" votes.  Where the Crawdads Sing was better as a book. I'd place Minions over Jurassic Park, Thor, and Fall.  Haven't see Beast or Bullet Train (seems to me to be ones to wait until they show up on free TV.

Anyway, your cruise finally starts tomorrow so watching more closely.

I liked Minions. It dropped down some being a kids movie.

40 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

@Saint GregI have to agree about "Nope".  There are very few movies that I dislike; "Nope" was one of them.

It was the worst. I didn't think anything would beat light year to the bottom but at least light year had the decency to end it after an hour and a half.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

It was the worst. I didn't think anything would beat light year to the bottom but at least light year had the decency to end it after an hour and a half.

Both Lightyear and Minions were disappointments given that my whole family are HUGE Toy Story and Minion fans. Still waiting to see Maverick (too cheap to pay). One of the funniest movies I've watched in a while was Good Boys - maybe it was because I was watching with a 15 and 11 year old who were both horrified and embarrassed by it, but I was literally crying with laughter! 

Just now, ceilidh1 said:

Both Lightyear and Minions were disappointments given that my whole family are HUGE Toy Story and Minion fans. Still waiting to see Maverick (too cheap to pay). One of the funniest movies I've watched in a while was Good Boys - maybe it was because I was watching with a 15 and 11 year old who were both horrified and embarrassed by it, but I was literally crying with laughter! 

You have to see Top Gun: Maverick before it leaves the theater. Everyone who hasn't seen it needs to.

I liked this minions more than the first minions. My favorite part of the new minions at 30 seconds.

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I discussed this with @Jamman54 the other night but I guess the rest of yous don’t know (that’s me doing my new york talk btw). I decided not to make my 10am arrival appointment. I’m going to drop my bags off and spend a couple more hours in the city. That may be when I do intrepid since it’s so close. 

Ahem!  You will never do me, sir. 

If you're that close to the Vessel sculpture and have the time left, I recommend climbing to the top.

Okay, one thing I don't understand and I was going to ask about this in the next few weeks to make sure I know exactly what to do:  I sail 9/24 to Bermuda so I'll need a PCP between 9/21-9/23, right?  And I also thought you couldn't do an at home test-you had to have it done at a health facility???  A friend (she's a TA) actually told me I should make an appointment at an Urgent Care. I'm asking here and now because Greg, you said you were packing your Covid tests.  And Greg, all your plans are super exciting, but please, WEAR A MASK and WASH YOUR HANDS!!!!

18 minutes ago, Crusin Karen said:

Okay, one thing I don't understand and I was going to ask about this in the next few weeks to make sure I know exactly what to do:  I sail 9/24 to Bermuda so I'll need a PCP between 9/21-9/23, right?  And I also thought you couldn't do an at home test-you had to have it done at a health facility???  A friend (she's a TA) actually told me I should make an appointment at an Urgent Care. I'm asking here and now because Greg, you said you were packing your Covid tests.  And Greg, all your plans are super exciting, but please, WEAR A MASK and WASH YOUR HANDS!!!!

If you're vaccinated it's four days PCR, two days antigen. I am bringing my at home tests and I intend to use one. If they aren't accepted that would be news to me.

• If taking a supervised antigen test, the date of the test must be no more than 2 days before the arrival date if arriving by air, or 2 days before the date of departure from the last port if arriving by sea.

https://www.gotobermuda.com/travel-requirements/covid-19-tests-accepted-bermuda

Edited by Saint Greg

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

A little bonus. My summer movie rankings. Regrettably, I missed Paws of Fury. But it just goes to show you how different people can be with movies. My barber said Bullet Train is the worst Brad Pitt movie ever made. I loved it. I haven’t seen every Brad Pitt movie, but I did see Cool World which should be enough to debunk his claim. He loved Where the Crawdads Sing. While I agree it’s a good story and I enjoyed the end, I hated watching it. It was so boring. I’m contemplating switching barbers. 

1. Top Gun: Maverick
2. Bullet Train
3. 3,000 Years of Longing
4. Elvis
5. Thor 4: Love and War
6. Jurassic World: Dominion
7. Where the Crawdads Sing
8. Beast
9. Fall
10. Orphan: First Kill
11. The Invitation

12. Minions: The Rise of Gru
13. The Black phone
14. Easter Sunday (Warning: Contains karaoke)

15. Bodies Bodies Bodies
16. DC Super Pets
17. Mack & Rita
18. Light Year
19. Nope

A comprehensive list of at least 19 movies that I've never seen... Have an awesome time in New York City, Greg!...

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

A comprehensive list of at least 19 movies that I've never seen... Have an awesome time in New York City, Greg!...

You could bridge my  gap if you've seen Paws of Fury.

I think you'd like Bullet Train. I don't know why but I have a feeling it's a movie you'd like.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I’m not there yet but I will be in 27 1/2 hours. I remember hearing that NYC schools started up after Labor Day but that was before covid. Maybe they start up earlier now.

NY starts the day after Labor day. It's been that way for as long as I'm alive and that's a looooong time.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hapytobehr said:

NY starts the day after Labor day. It's been that way for as long as I'm alive and that's a looooong time.

Crazy they've been able to keep it the same that long. When I was in school our start date varied by year but it was in the August 20-25 range...And now they're a couple weeks before that. I bet those are some hot school buses!

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

If you're vaccinated it's four days PCR, two days antigen. I am bringing my at home tests and I intend to use one. If they aren't accepted that would be news to me.

• If taking a supervised antigen test, the date of the test must be no more than 2 days before the arrival date if arriving by air, or 2 days before the date of departure from the last port if arriving by sea.

https://www.gotobermuda.com/travel-requirements/covid-19-tests-accepted-bermuda

• The test must be performed by an accredited laboratory, healthcare provider or pharmacy  
  • ^^^^^^^^^this!^^^^^^^^^^

2 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Hey Karry! Greg gave you the correct information as it stands TODAY! We did our Rapid Antigen test today at our local Urgent Care for our Legend cruise to Bermuda from Baltimore on Sunday. We passed!!! We are now at the Best Western in Elkridge. You know that place well! Going to spend tomorrow at the Inner Harbor. :classic_cool:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hapytobehr said:

Same thing in New Jersey. Never have we started the school year in August. A few private or Catholic schools may be different, but public schools, never. I'm afraid that your cruise will be the last hurrah for the kiddos this summer, same with our first half of our B2B. :classic_cool:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey Karry! Greg gave you the correct information as it stands TODAY! We did our Rapid Antigen test today at our local Urgent Care for our Legend cruise to Bermuda from Baltimore on Sunday. We passed!!! We are now at the Best Western in Elkridge. You know that place well! Going to spend tomorrow at the Inner Harbor. :classic_cool:

GREAT NEWS Jamman.  Oh boy, lots of good memories of Baltimore, Best Western AND Legend!  Spirit class is still the BEST!  Enjoy your pre cruise day and BON VOYAGE to you and Patti!  Countdown:  2 more days until Mocha Chocolate Getaway 😁

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

My barber said Bullet Train is the worst Brad Pitt movie ever made. I loved it. I haven’t seen every Brad Pitt movie, but I did see Cool World which should be enough to debunk his claim.

The lady next to me at the cinema said it was the most gruesome movie she has seen.  I've seen way worse and decided she had no idea what she was talking about.  I liked Bullet Train. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maluhia87 said:

The lady next to me at the cinema said it was the most gruesome movie she has seen.  I've seen way worse and decided she had no idea what she was talking about.  I liked Bullet Train. 

You definitely have to be able to handle a little blood and violence. That's actually in a lot of these movies. This wasn't a good summer for comedies.

43 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

You definitely have to be able to handle a little blood and violence. That's actually in a lot of these movies. This wasn't a good summer for comedies.

How do you feel about the English Patient?