Carnival Luminosa deck plan

tidecat

No Guy's, Blue Iguana, (or even Masala Tiger), however, Old Fashioned BBQ gets prime real estate aft. Mini golf is just a putting green. The spa will be branded as Cloud 9. Fahrenheit 555, The Deli, Pizzeria del Capitano, Alchemy Bar, and the Red Frog Rum Bar make the cut.

The Costa-era piano bar will become the Limelight Lounge, but there will be no dedicated space for a piano bar on Carnival Luminosa. Ocean Plaza may serve as a stand-in for it.

carnival-luminosa-deck-plan-pdf.pdf

• Thanks 2

Yesh, I know they're in a rush, but it's so weird to be missing so many Carnival staples. No Guys Burgers on a Carnival Ship? It might be fine for Australian sailings since they don't have much to compare it to in terms of Carnival ships, but Seattle / Alaska cruises have a lot more competition from other cruise ships. 

• Like 1

Even for the venues that are making the cut - how extensive will the renovations be. I doubt they'll be transformed even as much as they were on say the Fantasy when she had these features added.

• Like 2

Ocean Plaza and Limelight Lounge might actually be the most ambitious items on the makeover. The rest shouldn't involve much construction, and everything but the hull and funnel painting can be done in transit while the ship moves from Europe to Australia.

BTW, Spirit had Guy's Burger Joint prior to coming to the US, and Splendor has it now. There was even a secret menu item specific to Australia. I presume that will be on the agenda for the next scheduled dry dock, as well as Carnival Waterworks (which will require significant work).

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
15 hours ago, ray985 said:

Yesh, I know they're in a rush, but it's so weird to be missing so many Carnival staples. No Guys Burgers on a Carnival Ship? It might be fine for Australian sailings since they don't have much to compare it to in terms of Carnival ships, but Seattle / Alaska cruises have a lot more competition from other cruise ships. 

Aussies don't care about no burgers, they got Roo's.🤣

Edited by BasicSailor

15 hours ago, ray985 said:

I am thinking Guy's might need a grill and outside vent which is not trivial.  The tortilla machine could go in the buffet.  Will guests go with so many key brand elements missing?  

7 minutes ago, IslandHppy said:

Will guests go with so many key brand elements missing?  

If I didn't have the Jubilee TA booked next year, I would have tried my best to get on the Transpacific, definitely.  But then again I think Guys Burgers are way overrated, so that is a non-concern for me.

• Like 3

Our Brisbane sailing was transferred to the Luminosa in Nov 2023, we are pool people.  Apparently the pool is only 2.5 ft deep and is at the forward end of the boat.  The other pool at the aft is deeper but much smaller, many of the outdoor features look not that impressive, we are seriously considering transferring our booking to another itinerary.  

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 9:17 AM, ray985 said:

It's up against 3 Ships. In Brisbane. A princess, Royal & a P&O. If it doesn't have any attactions it's going to be dead in the water.

Us Aussies love The Red Frog Pub, beer, cocktails & live music. So needs that..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Adding kitchens to a ship may be a @chengkp75question.  I was chatting with the Cantina crew- they have an outside grill and inside galley.  If this is not in place, is venting a range all the way (to the funnel?) a big, complicated project?  Like adding a bathroom on a house?  Guy's has a hamburger grill which also needs a vent?  

20220824_063208-01.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

From watching all of John H's videos of his walkies of the Carnival Luminosa in Palermo, this is what I discovered:
Deck Plan mentions Limelight Lounge fwd-ish Deck 3. John said it will be the Punchliner Comedy Club.
Piano Bar 88 will be located starboard side Deck 2 aft across from Altair nightclub.
The Grill will have "available" a delicious burger (not Guy's branded), an addition of Meat Pies. Does available mean included or an upcharge?
Pizzaria Del Capitano and Deli will be there.

No mention of the future of waterslides or waterworks.
With one less pool than the Spirit and no waterslides or waterworks, can you imagine a Queensland Hot Summer School Holidays heading to the tropics?

https://www.carnival.com.au/-/media/4f1f5be57837446a82fd902eeb2aade2.ashx

Thanks for the deck plan.  This is not a huge ship.  I like to see a promenade deck- or most of one.  A guess is the Carnival accountants saw how few passengers could be carried and decided a major shipyard rework to add the normal dining venues was not in the cards.  There is limited space.  Can this ship be used to serve smaller, height restricted ports?   

On 9/8/2022 at 10:39 PM, CDaze71 said:

From watching all of John H's videos of his walkies of the Carnival Luminosa in Palermo, this is what I discovered:
Deck Plan mentions Limelight Lounge fwd-ish Deck 3. John said it will be the Punchliner Comedy Club.
Piano Bar 88 will be located starboard side Deck 2 aft across from Altair nightclub.
The Grill will have "available" a delicious burger (not Guy's branded), an addition of Meat Pies. Does available mean included or an upcharge?
Pizzaria Del Capitano and Deli will be there.

No mention of the future of waterslides or waterworks.
With one less pool than the Spirit and no waterslides or waterworks, can you imagine a Queensland Hot Summer School Holidays heading to the tropics?

https://www.carnival.com.au/-/media/4f1f5be57837446a82fd902eeb2aade2.ashx

Yeah, the lack of an extra pool, like the rest of the Spirit-class, and the missing water slides is definitely going to make it rough for Australian warm-weather cruises, although I doubt they'll be missed on Alaska sailings. 

For the Limelight and Punchliner, that's just a naming thing. On the Vista-class ships, the Punchliner Comedy Club takes place in the Limelight. I think only the Mardi Grass / Excel Class Ships have a dedicated Punchliner venue. 

• Like 1