Guess who's back???

pirate4me2

Me, Pirate! Just pulled the trigger on 3 sailings....Mardi Gras this Nov, Celebration next March, and Spirit next Nov. Whoo hoo, I'm back in action! 

So.....those who have sailed MG< what kinda tips/tricks/secrets ya got for me? I have never booked this close to sailing before, I feel like I don't have enough time to plan and research! 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

Me, Pirate! Just pulled the trigger on 3 sailings....Mardi Gras this Nov, Celebration next March, and Spirit next Nov. Whoo hoo, I'm back in action! 

So.....those who have sailed MG< what kinda tips/tricks/secrets ya got for me? I have never booked this close to sailing before, I feel like I don't have enough time to plan and research! 

Get the beignets at Emeril's  

• Like 2

I was on MG last October and it is beautiful!  Make sure you check out Big Chicken for lunch and breakfast.  So good!  Emeril's is an upcharge but I wish I would have eaten more meals there.  Banana Fosters crepes, muffuletta sandwich, just so tasty!  I didn't find Chibang to be that great, food-wise but it's a pretty restaurant.  On Lido, by the shawarma station I think is the gelato station.  Different flavors everyday, yum! Street Eatz changes daily and it's fun small portions for snacking.

Entertainment was great, especially in the Grand Central area (where the panels change) and make sure you get there early enough to get a seat close to the stage.  Too far back and you can't see the changing panels as much and people set up camp at tables and try to talk over the performers.

Serenity is expansive and check out the pool that is up a floor from the bar.  Like humans in a goldfish bowl.

I didn't find "M" the magic show that magical.  The rest of the shows and the plethora of comics were great.  Have a great cruise on MG and your other cruises! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

those who have sailed MG< what kinda tips/tricks/secrets ya got for me?

When the breakfast buffet was chaos up on lido, we found that Pig & Anchor had the same buffet (including the omelet station) but we never saw more than about 10 other people there.  It was so nice/calm/quiet.  I have now booked our cabins (on Mardi Gras, Celebration, and Jubilee) taking into consideration its proximately to this venue.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I was on MG last October and it is beautiful!  Make sure you check out Big Chicken for lunch and breakfast.  So good!  Emeril's is an upcharge but I wish I would have eaten more meals there.  Banana Fosters crepes, muffuletta sandwich, just so tasty!  I didn't find Chibang to be that great, food-wise but it's a pretty restaurant.  On Lido, by the shawarma station I think is the gelato station.  Different flavors everyday, yum! Street Eatz changes daily and it's fun small portions for snacking.

Entertainment was great, especially in the Grand Central area (where the panels change) and make sure you get there early enough to get a seat close to the stage.  Too far back and you can't see the changing panels as much and people set up camp at tables and try to talk over the performers.

Serenity is expansive and check out the pool that is up a floor from the bar.  Like humans in a goldfish bowl.

I didn't find "M" the magic show that magical.  The rest of the shows and the plethora of comics were great.  Have a great cruise on MG and your other cruises! 

Fantastic, just the kind of tips and secrets I was looking for! Thank you!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

When the breakfast buffet was chaos up on lido, we found that Pig & Anchor had the same buffet (including the omelet station) but we never saw more than about 10 other people there.  It was so nice/calm/quiet.  I have now booked our cabins (on Mardi Gras, Celebration, and Jubilee) taking into consideration its proximately to this venue.

Oh, I will keep this in mind for sure! I hate crowds and chaos. 

43 minutes ago, csm5986142 said:

HUSH!

There is an outside bar starboard by P&A that was pretty quiet.

• Like 1

Long time!

I'm on Pride B2B2B in October (32 nights total).  I'll be on Spirit for 14 days (B2B 6+8) in January.  Then 26 nights on Rotterdam (B2B2B).  See a trend here? 😁

But I've already sailed 7 times since I restarted in November.  Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Pride, Summit, Seashore, and Zuiderdam B2B.  At my age, I simply wasn't going to wait any longer than I had to to get back out there.

I contracted Covid while on Zuiderdam (despite being boosted, but no one in the Alaskan ports were masked so, hey, not a surprise).  Thankfully, a mild case although there's still some brain fog while working on tax returns.  Not a good thing to happen.

Anyway, I'm not interested in the newest, biggest ships (despite having sailed MSC Seashore).  People seem to like MG.  Just too big for me.

I'm guessing you'll write reviews.  I've given up doing that.  It's so much work (although I'm now semi-retired and have the time; guess I've just gotten lazy!).

Have fun.  Look forward to reading about your experience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

Take time to spend at Brass Magnolia. Definitely a highlight on this ship. If you wanna go to comedy, plan to get there and stand in line at least an hour before the show. 

44 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Long time!

I'm on Pride B2B2B in October (32 nights total).  I'll be on Spirit for 14 days (B2B 6+8) in January.  Then 26 nights on Rotterdam (B2B2B).  See a trend here? 😁

But I've already sailed 7 times since I restarted in November.  Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Pride, Summit, Seashore, and Zuiderdam B2B.  At my age, I simply wasn't going to wait any longer than I had to to get back out there.

I contracted Covid while on Zuiderdam (despite being boosted, but no one in the Alaskan ports were masked so, hey, not a surprise).  Thankfully, a mild case although there's still some brain fog while working on tax returns.  Not a good thing to happen.

Anyway, I'm not interested in the newest, biggest ships (despite having sailed MSC Seashore).  People seem to like MG.  Just too big for me.

I'm guessing you'll write reviews.  I've given up doing that.  It's so much work (although I'm now semi-retired and have the time; guess I've just gotten lazy!).

Have fun.  Look forward to reading about your experience.

I will try and post a review when I get back....I always enjoyed doing those! 

3 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Take time to spend at Brass Magnolia. Definitely a highlight on this ship. If you wanna go to comedy, plan to get there and stand in line at least an hour before the show. 

Ugh, not what I wanted to hear regarding the comedy....we like the shows, but I dont want to waste time standing waiting for them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pirate4me2 said:

I will try and post a review when I get back....I always enjoyed doing those! 

Ugh, not what I wanted to hear regarding the comedy....we like the shows, but I dont want to waste time standing waiting for them!

I know. I know. 

28 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Welcome back! Great to see you posting again. We did a B2B on the Mardi Gras this past April. Our review is in my signature. Plenty of info and pictures there. Enjoy your planning! 😎

Ohhhhh, a Jeff review! Let me go find that and bookmark it for my nighttime reading after the family BBQ tonight!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Long time!

What are your Spirit dates in January?

35 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

1/22 and 1/28.  I think quickrate (Pat) is on the one before that, too.  Or maybe the one after.  I can't keep up with her! 😄

Just missed you again. We'll be on the 14th We'll warm her up for you! 😁