Upper Suite Benefits

oh2cruise

20 hours ago, behtyas said:

Quick note - If it's the Beyond, Rachel is NOT Shoreside Concierge anymore (as of 11/1), and it's Terrikka. Rachel is now handling the Infinity.

We've just got the 90 day out email from the Shoreside Concierge and it was still Rachel listed, but maybe they haven't updated that yet for the Beyond.

24 minutes ago, bartnath said:

We've just got the 90 day out email from the Shoreside Concierge and it was still Rachel listed, but maybe they haven't updated that yet for the Beyond.

Yes - I emailed her after getting that same notification which is where I got the info/date. Must be annoying for her.. 🙂

Guest 4-2-N-8
30 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

Do you have, or could you share Rachel's email address?

Are all shoreside concierge staff equally effective, efficient, and reliability service oriented? Is it one person assigned per ship or is it multiple people handling multiple ships? TY.

18 hours ago, behtyas said:

Quick note - If it's the Beyond, Rachel is NOT Shoreside Concierge anymore (as of 11/1), and it's Terrikka. Rachel is now handling the Infinity.

Terrikka took VERY good care of us prior to our recent Reflection cruise. 

1 hour ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

Are all shoreside concierge staff equally effective, efficient, and reliability service oriented? Is it one person assigned per ship or is it multiple people handling multiple ships? TY.

Ours was totally INEFFECTIVE on our TA that just ended a week ago.  But that was probably because we were only in a "lowly" Celebrity Suite.  Never acknowledger receipt of our requests nor a followup email from us.  You should be fine since you are in the top suites. 

1 hour ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

My understanding is that there is a specific shoreside concierge assigned to each ship.

Guest 4-2-N-8
24 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Ours was totally INEFFECTIVE on our TA that just ended a week ago.  But that was probably because we were only in a "lowly" Celebrity Suite.  Never acknowledger receipt of our requests nor a followup email from us.  You should be fine since you are in the top suites. 

Lowly? What? It's a suite. 😀

For those who have sailed in upper suites, does shoreside concierge usually reach out after a cruise?

We sailed in the penthouse on the Constellation the first week of November.  This past Monday, we received an e-mail from Celebrity asking us to take a survey on our recent interaction with our shoreside concierge and it referenced a phone call we supposedly had with him post-cruise.  This is quite odd as we have had no interactions with shoreside since the cruise and pre-cruise, it was just two brief e-mails (so no phone calls even then).

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

We had a totally different experience and we were in the same “lowly” Suite category. 😊

Unfortunately not all employees provide the same excellent service. Did you express your disappointment to the Retreat Manager on board?

32 minutes ago, prmssk said:

For those who have sailed in upper suites, does shoreside concierge usually reach out after a cruise?

We sailed in the penthouse on the Constellation the first week of November.  This past Monday, we received an e-mail from Celebrity asking us to take a survey on our recent interaction with our shoreside concierge and it referenced a phone call we supposedly had with him post-cruise.  This is quite odd as we have had no interactions with shoreside since the cruise and pre-cruise, it was just two brief e-mails (so no phone calls even then).

I just had a rather similar experience. A couple days ago I received a pre-cruise survey email mentioning a phone call with the shore-side concierge...and to rate that service. Which I didn't have. 

Don't recollect the person they named in the email in any other contact I've had with X.

Odd indeed!

28 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

I just had a rather similar experience. A couple days ago I received a pre-cruise survey email mentioning a phone call with the shore-side concierge...and to rate that service. Which I didn't have. 

Don't recollect the person they named in the email in any other contact I've had with X.

Odd indeed!

Our e-mail and survey mentioned the specific shoreside concierge that I recall dealing with pre-cruise.  And he wasn't all that responsive pre-cruise so I will admit the thought crossed my mind that he may have just checked off in the system that he followed up with us when he didn't really.  I took the survey to let them know I didn't have any such interaction in case he was actually supposed to contact us.

49 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

We had a totally different experience and we were in the same “lowly” Suite category. 😊

Unfortunately not all employees provide the same excellent service. Did you express your disappointment to the Retreat Manager on board?

Our contact was with "Concierge Jennifer,"  did you work with the same person?

No, did not speak to the Retreat Manager, but did talk to our butler John, who was wonderful and to the Maitre'd at Luminae both of whom took care of the issues I had requested from her.

I was really disappointed in the lack of response from her.  Her first email came on Oct 25, 4 days before the cruise.  We responded immediately, no response, and emailed again on the 27th, again no response.  I've not had this happen before regardless of what type suite we were in.  

By the way, I'm sorry we never got to meet on the ship, perhaps we'll find ourselves on another cruise together. 

29 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Our contact was with "Concierge Jennifer,"  did you work with the same person?

No, did not speak to the Retreat Manager, but did talk to our butler John, who was wonderful and to the Maitre'd at Luminae both of whom took care of the issues I had requested from her.

I was really disappointed in the lack of response from her.  Her first email came on Oct 25, 4 days before the cruise.  We responded immediately, no response, and emailed again on the 27th, again no response.  I've not had this happen before regardless of what type suite we were in.  

By the way, I'm sorry we never got to meet on the ship, perhaps we'll find ourselves on another cruise together. 

Yes, Jennifer was our contact as well. Her initial email came on Oct. 24th.

Fortunately we had few requests for her as I had already made all of our Specialty restaurant reservations online. The few items I did request for the Suite were delivered by our Butler shortly after we arrived on board.

The only disappointment we had was even though I informed Jennifer when each of us would be celebrating our birthdays, mine was the only one that she remembered.

It was definitely unfortunate that we missed each other on board. I hope we get the opportunity to sail together again in the near future. 🍷
It was definitely unfortunate that we missed each on board. I other meeting you as wellhope that we have the opportunity to sail together again soon

I am sorry to hear that Jennifer did not provide the same service to you. I would definitely let Corporate know. Every guest should be given the same level of service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prmssk said:

Our e-mail and survey mentioned the specific shoreside concierge that I recall dealing with pre-cruise.  And he wasn't all that responsive pre-cruise so I will admit the thought crossed my mind that he may have just checked off in the system that he followed up with us when he didn't really.  I took the survey to let them know I didn't have any such interaction in case he was actually supposed to contact us.

Thanks! I had hesitated in my response because I wasn't sure how I might or might not be able to answer the question. I'll give it a whirl...

In my last Penthouse experience I had a lousy pre-cruise experience. I sent my usual list of 2 things: a couple of specialty restaurant reservations and a small snack for sailaway (routine, nothing fancy).  When I had no confirmation I followed up 3 days prior to the cruise and she said she was very busy,  can't confirm "yet", and then I never heard from her again. Food not delivered for sailaway and the reservations that I did get were not what I asked for. I didn't have a great experience on board either. Keep sailing in these expensive suites?  I do it for the real estate (space).  

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, JFontaine said:

In my last Penthouse experience I had a lousy pre-cruise experience. I sent my usual list of 2 things: a couple of specialty restaurant reservations and a small snack for sailaway (routine, nothing fancy).  When I had no confirmation I followed up 3 days prior to the cruise and she said she was very busy,  can't confirm "yet", and then I never heard from her again. Food not delivered for sailaway and the reservations that I did get were not what I asked for. I didn't have a great experience on board either. Keep sailing in these expensive suites?  I do it for the real estate (space).  

I understand about booking for space.

But as the prices are getting higher we've noticed the the service is declining.

• Like 2

Guest 4-2-N-8
47 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I understand about booking for space.

But as the prices are getting higher we've noticed the the service is declining.

With all this sad state of affairs regarding service, I'm going to bring aboard my emotional support goose. 

Edited by 4-2-N-8

Interesting to hear these reports of lack of service.  My last two cruises were two B2Bs on the Summit:  one in the PH and one in a RS.  I had excellent service from the shoreside concierge--she even remembered who I was when I booked the fall cruises.  Could not have asked for better butlers or cabin attendants.  The cabin attendant from the PH in the spring had been promoted to butler by the fall and I was able to get him assigned as my butler.  The people in Luminae in the fall remembered me from the spring, even how I liked my bacon cooked--it was like coming home.  So I have been very pleased with my recent experiences on Celebrity.  I'm just sorry Summit has been given those short 4 and 5 night cruises.  Not a fan.  Even stringing two of those together would not be enough for me.  I spent 18 nights in the spring and 16 in the fall.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dlh015 said:

Odd indeed!

Maybe the shoreside concierges are working from home; to get paid he/she logs time spent making calls and/or emails. Maybe some discrepancies arose from cruiser complaints and now corp is looking into the issue?

5 hours ago, 4-2-N-8 said:

With all this sad state of affairs regarding service, I'm going to bring aboard my emotional support goose. 

I find the manner by which you repeatedly talk down to those who place a value on service neither productive nor entertaining. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Guest 4-2-N-8
1 hour ago, RichYak said:

I find the manner by which you repeatedly talk down to those who place a value on service neither productive nor entertaining. 

I get it, and I respect your take on my commentary. I do offer my perspective with good intention and, occasionally, an ounce of (intended) humor.

I suppose, this being  a "critic" site, after all, I could offer ad infinitum to nit pick human behavior. But, since there is plenty of that already, I instead offer an alternative.

I've been in the service industry, as no doubt have others. Now, I have my own service staff. When I travel, I hold deep respect toward anyone else in a service role.

My take is simply to lighten up on ship staff. Celebrity is a mid-level cruise brand at best, not a private yacht owned by Allen or Bezos.

We're all exiting the pandemic. I think for a majority who work on ships (yes the crew, but especially the staff), far from home, earning who knows what (but guaranteed no match for European or American wages) they may at a given moment have something worrisome on their mind that transcends my desire at the same moment for [insert wish list here].

Sure, I like great service onboard just as much as the next passenger, but geeze Louise, life is good. We're exiting a pandemic.

Enjoy the boat ride. The beds have sheets on them. Watch a sunset (or two). Eat some food. Have a drink. Chill.

Much peace to all.