With all the restrictions lifted do you still use VeriFLY and why?

jxtgreek

My son and his college roommate had TONS of problems trying to use the VeriFly app back in March when they were going from US to Canada on Spring Break.  So, we didn't use it on our cruise in May 2022.  As some others have posted, handed our boarding passes, passports and vaccination cards to Carnival host, our boarding passes were stamped and away we went.  No need to use VeriFly.  And this was all before the most recent lifting of restrictions.  We cruise on Sept 17 and have no plans to use VeriFly.  Will have our vaccine cards and passports with us.  I assume it will go smoothly.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

I want to use it and uploaded my vaxx card, but the part that says testing is still saying required? any suggestions?   

cruise is sept 12, b2b 

Yeah, delete the app and fagetaboutit. Problem solved. 😁 

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 3

It would probably save me from having to pull out my passport.

Nope...used verifly and still had to show our passports (which was fine as I had all the paperwork with me just as I have done for 20 years of cruising).  Verifly seemed to have more to do with being vax and the testing requirement and not used as identity.  

On 9/7/2022 at 9:47 AM, FloridaMomKW said:

On our Liberty cruise August 26th, the Carnival rep just wanted to see VeriFLY- showed him that and we were good to go.  Did not have to pull out any paperwork. (We are fully vaccinated)

On our Liberty cruise on the 29th, they looked at everything! We are fully vaxed and Diamond. They did funnel us into a short line with 4 agents, which  I assume was priority boarding, and our son into the general long line. Was funny he got done before we did! Could be because they had at least 20 agents. He said they didn’t even look at his Verifly, just birth certificate and DL. So much for priority and Verifly. I won’t be using it anymore!

14 hours ago, seaman11 said:

I want to use it and uploaded my vaxx card, but the part that says testing is still saying required? any suggestions?   

cruise is sept 12, b2b 

This is a good question.  I only wish I had a good answer.  I'm having the same issue.  I contacted Verifly Help and was told to either check to see I had the latest version of the app, wait and see if it cleared up, or delete and reinstall the app which would require resubmitting all info.  Not very helpful.  They couldn't even tell me what the latest version of the app was.

Too bad they couldn't just release an update that incorporated the new rules.

On 8/24/2022 at 1:24 PM, cruisingguy007 said:

Never have and won't start. There is no point in the headache for a 50/50 gamble on if you'll be asked to show paperwork anyway and also turning personal information over to another 3rd party. No thanks. 

This! When it was rolling out, we all had older phones and didn't want any more apps (plus couldn't fit much more anyway). And I'm never a fan of uploading personal information over my phone. I don't use banking apps on my phone either.

We didn't use it in April, we won't use it the next time either.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, seaman11 said:

cruise is sept 12, b2b 

This worked for me.

1.  Delete the app.

2. Download the app.

3. Click yes that you want to recover your account.

4.  Take your picture, resubmit your vaccine proof.

5. You will then see the testing requirement is gone.

I did this today and now we have our pass.

Good Luck!

• Like 2

I thought I would give it a shot for our October cruise as we’ve used it on two previous cruises.  I was able to just add the new booking and upload my vax card.  Checked back a little later and it said “Ready to Sail”.  I didn’t have to delete app and re-install or anything.  Does seem like no time savings now as looking at the app on my phone vs looking at actual vax card would be the same since there is no testing to verify. 

Edited by Colorado Beach Bum
Typo

On 9/10/2022 at 5:54 PM, PC 462 said:

This worked for me.

1.  Delete the app.

2. Download the app.

3. Click yes that you want to recover your account.

4.  Take your picture, resubmit your vaccine proof.

5. You will then see the testing requirement is gone.

I did this today and now we have our pass.

Good Luck!

Thank you. It worked but at galveston port at least was useless lol they had old ppl do it all the old way.  Lol 

36 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Thank you. It worked but at galveston port at least was useless lol they had old ppl do it all the old way.  Lol 

And what's wrong with doing it "the old way"?  I'm an old people, and I intend on doing it the old way. That's my comfort zone. :classic_wink:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

And what's wrong with doing it "the old way"?  I'm an old people, and I intend on doing it the old way. That's my comfort zone. :classic_wink:

Its fine , me too ,just wasted my time doing this app is all.  Although she pulled up wrong ship in her computer and scared me at check. 

My advice would be dont count on the app bring all docoments printed out.  

Edited by seaman11
  • Like 1

They've updated the Verifly app so now I just needed to upload a pic of me and a pic of my vaccine card along with a few details and a few minutes after that it updated to all green and "Ready to Sail" so we'll give it a shot for our October cruise and see how it goes.