With all the restrictions lifted do you still use VeriFLY and why?

jxtgreek

5 days or less you do not need to test. Recently on the Valor. Did not use Verify. Boarding pass, passport and CDC card. Went through very quickly. It appears to me Verify is beneficial to those who have not cruised and allows you to make sure your paperwork is proper before you get to the port. Allows you to fix your problems before panicking in the line at port. If you are experienced and know what you need, the benefit is marginal to the individual in my opinion.

Edited by ledges1
Spelling
  • Like 3

The overall question appears to be, is the verifly process beneficial as the restrictions roll back. In my opinion it is beneficial to those not sure of the process and allows them to make sure their paper work is correct before they get to the port. This is the time saver for Carnival. If you are experienced and know the requirements, verifly adds marginal value to the traveler in my opinion and first hand experience.

Edited by ledges1
Spelling
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, ledges1 said:

The overall question appears to be, is the verifly process beneficial as the restrictions roll back. In my opinion it is beneficial to those not sure of the process and allows them to make sure their paper work is correct before they get to the port. This is the time saver for Carnival. If you are experienced and know the requirements, verifly adds marginal value to the traveler in my opinion and first hand experience.

Other than having a single QR code to scan vs multiple different printed forms to carry and show, (possibly misplace) yes very marginal value......But planning to use it for our Celebration Cruise in November so i guess I will see.  So far has been fairly easy to use.  It does need to catch up to the testing requirements though as that is the last step and isnt required anymore.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

We didn't use Verifly on any of three cruise since the restart and we certainly wouldn't now.  We've just took our paperwork and never had any issues.  It took less than a minute each time for them to look at and send us on our way. 

THIS!  Did 4 and didn't use it.  Wasn't required and didn't want another App.

What I read in the letter that Carnival sent out today though. Unvaccinated quests will be REQUIRED to use Verifly.

Dear Carnival Guest,

In addition to guidelines previously communicated, we are expanding acceptable pre-cruise testing for unvaccinated guests for voyages departing September 6, 2022, and later. These changes are consistent with what local destinations have advised will be acceptable for arriving cruise guests, and we will continue to work closely with local destinations to protect the health of our guests, crew and the communities we visit.
  • In addition to lab administered tests, self-testing is accepted for unvaccinated guests on cruises 15 nights and shorter.
  • Certain destinations do not accept unsupervised pre-cruise self-testing, including Bermuda, Canada, Greece, and Spain.  If used for visiting these destinations, self-testing must be supervised by a medical professional.
  • Regardless of the type of test taken, unvaccinated guests will be required to present their negative test results via VeriFLY or as part of the embarkation process. 
  • Like 1

We use our phones a lot in day-to-day life and many various apps. If Verifly gives us an easy way to speed up the boarding process then we'll be happy to use it. If we get there and they demand to see everything despite us having Verifly ready to go then we probably wouldn't bother in the future.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kdr69 said:

Other than having a single QR code to scan vs multiple different printed forms to carry and show, (possibly misplace) yes very marginal value......But planning to use it for our Celebration Cruise in November so i guess I will see.  So far has been fairly easy to use.  It does need to catch up to the testing requirements though as that is the last step and isnt required anymore.

I just emailed VeriFLY this morning and they said they will be updating the app to drop Carnival testing requirements if you have vaccination card uploaded. They can’t do it until after Sept 6th. I have a September 17 cruise booked and don’t need the testing done, and the VeriFLY app right now says “items to complete” when in reality there is no more to do. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, wemjam said:

THIS!  Did 4 and didn't use it.  Wasn't required and didn't want another App.

What I read in the letter that Carnival sent out today though. Unvaccinated quests will be REQUIRED to use Verifly.

• Regardless of the type of test taken, unvaccinated guests will be required to present their negative test results via VeriFLY or as part of the embarkation process. 

It says "or", though.

• Like 6

I sailed on Radiance last week out of long beach and used verifly, I had booked the trip before they started lifting restrictions so it just seamed easier. It does still give you the ready to sail check mark and had a benefit at least in long beach.(see below)

In the cruise terminal they had a separate lines at the entrance to the terminal depending on if you had paperwork needing to be checked or if you had verifly. Though, this may vary by port.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wemjam said:

Regardless of the type of test taken, unvaccinated guests will be required to present their negative test results via VeriFLY or as part of the embarkation process. 

I received the same letter, but it says test results via Verifly or as a part of the embarkation process.  To me, that means exactly how we were doing it before.

• Like 3

I did Verifly for our entire family for our Alaska cruise and they didn't look at it at all. Just all of our paperwork.

This was out of Seattle. I don't know if things are different there, or were just different for us.
After all the hassle of uploading everything to it, I was like "Why did I do all of this"???

• Like 2

Just now, Ihearttravel11 said:

I did Verifly for our entire family for our Alaska cruise and they didn't look at it at all. Just all of our paperwork.

This was out of Seattle. I don't know if things are different there, or were just different for us.
After all the hassle of uploading everything to it, I was like "Why did I do all of this"???

Exactly! 👍

• Like 2

Left out of Jax last week. 

No verifly. Just my vaccine card. Walk up to podium. Show card, boarding pass and passport. They glance at card,  stamp the boarding pass and off we went. Literally 30 seconds. 

If vaccinated and have card, zero use for verifly. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jc811 said:

Left out of Jax last week. 

No verifly. Just my vaccine card. Walk up to podium. Show card, boarding pass and passport. They glance at card,  stamp the boarding pass and off we went. Literally 30 seconds. 

If vaccinated and have card, zero use for verifly. 

Thats what I am thinking and planning for our cruise next week. Last time we did use Verifly ( when we needed testing) and honestly I don't think it saved any time. Plus the learning curve on using the app took a bit of time

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...