Cruising - Not fully vaccinated

geomapper

We sail the last week of November, 2022.  A Caribbean cruise from Ft Lauderdale. We got our Covid vaccine last year and a booster in April.  Will Princess allow us to board without another booster?  If so, are there any additional requirements? Thanks. 

Edited by geomapper

After Sept 6 if your Caribbean cruise is less than 16 days and you are vaccinated no test is required. Upload your Covid vaccination card in the Medallion app and also bring it to the cruise terminal to show at check in.  

here is the link to the Princess FAQ https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/vaccine-testing-requirements/ 

Covid rules may change before your sailing so you may want to check the Princess website for any changes a couple of weeks prior to your voyage.

Edited by Shelly97060
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, antsp said:

The date of the 6th of September is irrelevant, if you've had a total of 3 vaccines, Princess considers you fully vaccinated 

Actually - two if Pfizer or Moderna and only one if J&J. Don't need three of anything for Princess to deem you "fully vaccinated."

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

After Sept 6 if your Caribbean cruise is less than 16 days and you are vaccinated no test is required. Upload your Covid vaccination card in the Medallion app and also bring it to the cruise terminal to show at check in.  

here is the link to the Princess FAQ https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/vaccine-testing-requirements/ 

Covid rules may change before your sailing so you may want to check the Princess website for any changes a couple of weeks prior to your voyage.

It actually doesn't say anything about cruise length anymore.  If you're fully vaccinated, testing is not required.  There are some exceptions, such as full Panama Canal transits, voyages which stop in Canada or Greece, etc. when you will still need to do a pre-cruise test.  This was updated on the Princess website on August 24th.

20 minutes ago, Hugahav said:

It actually doesn't say anything about cruise length anymore.  If you're fully vaccinated, testing is not required.  There are some exceptions, such as full Panama Canal transits, voyages which stop in Canada or Greece, etc. when you will still need to do a pre-cruise test.  This was updated on the Princess website on August 24th.

The requirement for testing on voyages of 16 or more days is outlined in the princess FAQ 

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

• Like 2

This is so confusing, it says one thing in the FAQ, but it makes no mention of cruise length on the vaccine and testing requirement page.  If it still applied, I would expect to see it under "Voyages with Enhanced Guidelines" but cruise length is not listed.

(Copied and pasted from the Princess website):

Effective on voyages departing on September 6, 2022 & beyond
(Voyages Departing from the United States, United Kingdom & Europe^)

Updated: August 24, 2022

Vaccination Status

Definition by Country's Health Authority

Pre-Travel Test Type & 
When to Take Test Before Boarding

Voyages from the
U.S., UK, EU 
Voyages with Enhanced Guidelines^

Fully Vaccinated*

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation.

Testing not required

Medically assisted Antigen or PCR within 3 days

Not Vaccinated

Not fully vaccinated are welcome to cruise. If cruise includes a Canadian port, an additional medical exemption is needed.

Self-administered Antigen OR medically assisted PCR within 3 days

Medically assisted Antigen or PCR within 3 days

Kids under 5 do not require pre-travel testing. Minimum age to sail is 6 months or 12 months based on cruise itinerary, review Passage Contract for details.

^Enhanced Guidelines Voyages include full Panama Canal transits, Trans-Ocean crossings, special voyages, Greek guidelines (voyages departing, arriving or visiting Greece), Canadian guidelines (voyages, arriving or visiting Canada).

* Note all Alaska voyages include Canada and must follow Canadian guidelines. For voyages departing, arriving or visiting Canada, please refer to the Canada table for Vaccination and Testing Requirements.

**The Greek government has their own testing requirements. For voyages departing, arriving or visiting Greece, please refer to the Greece table for Vaccination and Testing Requirements.

• Like 1

We've fully vaccinated but on a 20 day trip. (2 -10 day cruises- B2B)

I still don't know for sure how it'll be considered. 

I'm hoping all restrictions will be lifted by the time we sail in Dec.

6 hours ago, 555 said:

We're doing the same thing, on a 20 day cruise in January.  Like you, I'm also hoping the restrictions will be lifted by then.  It makes no sense that we would have to test when others going on the same cruise for 10 days would not.  I don't mind having to test, but I just wish they'd make it easier.  Either test everyone, or test no one.  I'm not really sure how effective the pre-embarkation testing is anyway, to be honest.

• Like 3

On 8/27/2022 at 8:49 AM, 555 said:

According to Princess' website, you don't have to test if your cruise is in December 2022 unless you're on one of the specified itineraries, etc. in the footnotes of its vax/healthpage. 

On 8/27/2022 at 2:53 PM, Hugahav said:

We're doing the same thing, on a 20 day cruise in January.  Like you, I'm also hoping the restrictions will be lifted by then.  It makes no sense that we would have to test when others going on the same cruise for 10 days would not.  I don't mind having to test, but I just wish they'd make it easier.  Either test everyone, or test no one.  I'm not really sure how effective the pre-embarkation testing is anyway, to be honest.

Just looked at Princess' health page. You don't have to test if you're fully vaxxed unless you're going to one of the countries or doing one of the itineraries referenced in the footnotes of the page.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 9:08 AM, ChutChut said:

Just looked at Princess' health page. You don't have to test if you're fully vaxxed unless you're going to one of the countries or doing one of the itineraries referenced in the footnotes of the page.

I just read that too!  👍

Our next cruise (December 2nd) is 16 days and also Panama Canal. A double whammy. I just got email from Princess telling me we have an "Enhanced Guidelines Voyage" and making sure I know about vaccination and testing. I still have the BinaxNow tests that we bought "just in case" for our Alaska cruise out of Vancouver last May. Guess I should check the expiration dates and, if they will still be valid, use the dang things since I paid for them.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 7:48 AM, Hugahav said:

We just received an email for a cruise we are on in January 2023 and this was part of that email:

Since you are sailing on an Enhanced Guidelines voyage we wanted to share some important information for your upcoming cruise:

• You must be fully vaccinated and up to date which means you have received all the doses in an authorized or approved primary COVID-19 vaccine series at least 14 days prior to embarkation. Up to date means that a guest is fully vaccinated, and received at least 1 booster dose, if eligible before embarkation. Guests are considered "up to date" from the date of receiving their booster dose.
  • Please remember to upload your proof of vaccination while getting OceanReady.
  • You must also upload proof of a supervised negative test taken within 3 days of boarding.
  • Guests may also have to wear masks and undergo testing during the voyage.

On 8/30/2022 at 6:08 AM, ChutChut said:

That list seems to contain the cruises I will be on or interested in. The "Enhanced Guidelines" cruises also require up to date vaccination meaning two shots and a booster along with the testing. May also require masks and testing during the cruise.

On 8/27/2022 at 6:49 AM, 555 said:

it will be considered 2 cruises so unless it’s one of the enhanced itinerary or one specifically identified ( like Panama Canal) you won’t have to test before the cruise, and Princess “may” ask for a test between cruises at their discretion. Of course with all things Covid all this could change before December. 

I have a cruise in November and just received an email advising that it’s a voyage that requires a negative test-  At least in my case they are giving lots of advanced notice that testing is required. 

edit: I just visited the Princess FAQ and noticed that as of today the reference to voyages 16 days or longer needing testing has been removed.   

Edited by Shelly97060

9 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Since when? Sorry haven't heard you need to have been boosted as well. Doctor said we were fully vaxed and the booster was our choice.

Not if you want to travel freely in Europe without testing. No booster, you need a a negative Covid test.