On the Beyond Sept 5th. Where are irons or steamers?

Lindabee5000

49 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Seriously! Some people's priorities are misplaced. Unless the reason for packing the iron is to distract attention away from the booze. 😀

You *are* a sly one...I never would have thought of that!🤔

• Haha 1

I solved the problem by buying performence and technical clothing for cruises. Brands like Prana and Kuhl pants. Unpack them and the wrinkles disappear. T Shirts are Eddie Baur 60/40 belnd. I buy 60/40 polos too. Hang them and they unwrinkle.  I like the stuff so much that I now wear them at home too. Never need to iron. 

Edited by Charles4515

On 8/31/2022 at 1:26 PM, Lindabee5000 said:

Okey dokey, looks like my plans will have to change.   Can I bring a travel steamer on board?

NO heat producing items may be brought on board with the exception of hair curlers and straighteners. If you are found to have one it will be confiscated. 

On 9/1/2022 at 7:08 AM, Surfguyxxx said:

I use this if there are really bad wrinkles.  It's USB rechargeable and works pretty well.   I found it on Amazon for about $40.  It's small but it does do a pretty good job. 

Cordless Mini Iron for Clothes, Portable Travel Iron Support Dry Wet Ironing, USB Rechargeable Steam Iron Handheld Ironing Machine with 3 Temperature Settings,Wireless small sewing iron

It is an iron and prohibited. Would you like to burn down the ship just for sake for wrinkles?

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 2:07 PM, davekathy said:

Not listed in their prohibited item lists. You can bring on a hairdryer, curling iron and hair straightener. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/before-you-board

Actually a friend of mine used to bring her steamer (on RCCL) and we made good use of it on longer European cruises .  They might be stricter now.

9 hours ago, Sabbycat said:

NO heat producing items may be brought on board with the exception of hair curlers and straighteners. If you are found to have one it will be confiscated. 

That's pretty ironic given that my sister managed to set our bathroom and half the house ablaze with her hair straightener.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wineoclock said:

Everyone is in the same situation so a few wrinkles hardly matters. 

Agreed, though it took me a few years to realize that. When we first started cruising, it was exclusively with Princess for several years. They have laundry rooms with irons, and I used to press all our clothes that needed at the beginning of each cruise (and do laundry on longer cruises). Finally, it dawned on me that I was wasting vacation time ironing, and no one really cared about a few creases or wrinkles but me. Also, discovering wrinkle release was like a miracle. Between that and just hanging in the closet - or in the bathroom during my shower for really bad wrinkles - I find it's quite sufficient. 👍

• Like 2

I had no idea that travel steamers were prohibited. I've always known that clothing irons were prohibited, which is why I purchased a travel steamer years ago. I have taken it with me on 35+ cruises across many cruise lines, and it has never been confiscated. I've even left it out on the desk in the cabin for days, in full view to the stateroom attendant, and have never been told to the contrary. I had no idea that it wasn't allowed. 😳

I guess now that I know, I'll have to make some adjustments on my future cruises.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, QM2 Cruiser said:

I had no idea that travel steamers were prohibited. I've always known that clothing irons were prohibited, which is why I purchased a travel steamer years ago. I have taken it with me on 35+ cruises across many cruise lines, and it has never been confiscated. I've even left it out on the desk in the cabin for days, in full view to the stateroom attendant, and have never been told to the contrary. I had no idea that it wasn't allowed. 😳

I guess now that I know, I'll have to make some adjustments on my future cruises.  

The only adjustment you need to make is follow Celebrity's prohibited list. :classic_rolleyes:

On 9/1/2022 at 11:58 AM, Charles4515 said:

I solved the problem by buying performence and technical clothing for cruises. Brands like Prana and Kuhl pants. Unpack them and the wrinkles disappear. T Shirts are Eddie Baur 60/40 belnd. I buy 60/40 polos too. Hang them and they unwrinkle.  I like the stuff so much that I now wear them at home too. Never need to iron. 

Thanks for  the tip.. picked up a few EB tees on sale. I will look for the pants .

Dh  usually wears regular tees and  golfer style collared shirts ,  and Tommy Bahama  button down silk shirts for dinner.   Everything I have is easy to pack,  wrinkle free and easy to rinse out in the sink if needed.

We usually do 2 free bags of laundry...but only things that cannot be ruined..like socks and undies.

frizzy  cruise hair  is also  par for the course!