How can you reach customer care with Princess!!

Beachandcity

We had a miserable experience with Princess Cruises- and have made 25 attempts to reach anyone. No one answers the customer care phone. The agent we booked through is useless- says to email customer care and nothing back. 
    It’s unreal- does anyone have any idea how to escalate an issue regarding a Princess Cruise? We hate to get attorney and go that route but never had no way to reach any human. It’s unreal. 

Any help or advice on how to get someone to respond to our issue??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beachandcity said:

We had a miserable experience with Princess Cruises- and have made 25 attempts to reach anyone. No one answers the customer care phone. The agent we booked through is useless- says to email customer care and nothing back. 
    It’s unreal- does anyone have any idea how to escalate an issue regarding a Princess Cruise? We hate to get attorney and go that route but never had no way to reach any human. It’s unreal. 

Are you trying to reach the general customer service agents at 1800 Princess?

There is an option for them to call you back. I tried it an they called me in about an hour.  

Maybe give us an idea of the issue, so we  might direct you, of whom to email or call?

50 minutes ago, Beachandcity said:

Without you providing any information at all about your issue, I seriously doubt that hiring and paying for an attorney will be worth it even if you have a valid case.  The cruise lines have attorneys on salary and you will be paying your attorney by the hour.  Unless your problem is a really serious one that caused life threatening problems the best you could hope for is some FCC and since you probably don't want to go back to Princess what good will that be.

DON

20 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Without you providing any information at all about your issue, I seriously doubt that hiring and paying for an attorney will be worth it even if you have a valid case.  The cruise lines have attorneys on salary and you will be paying your attorney by the hour.  Unless your problem is a really serious one that caused life threatening problems the best you could hope for is some FCC and since you probably don't want to go back to Princess what good will that be.

DON

A friend of ours tripped and fell in the MDR. Hurt her shoulder pretty bad. They contacted a lawyer that specialized in cruise ship mishaps. His answer was to continue with Princess. They got a bunch of FCC that satisfied them. Must be a lot more than a missed port or to small of a selection of wines, to involve an attorney. These ships aren't flagged in foreign countries just for the taxes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beachandcity said:

Collin Steinke
Director, Customer Relations
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
csteinke@princesscruises.com

Mario Siebaldi
Senior Vice President Guest Experience
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
msiebaldi@princesscruises.com

Don't write a book, just make a list of the problems.

Someone will eventually call you as they hate to put anything in writing when it comes to poor service.

Have an idea of what you want them to do about it. The may try to get away with something as little as $25 in OBC for your troubles. Their response to our problems last April was completely underwhelming, hence we cancelled our October sailing with Princess and booked with Virgin Voyages instead.

• Like 2

Thank you all very much for the help. Great advice- sorry for lack of response but all the notifications were getting stuck  in my spam.

The issue was that they quarantined us for our entire Denali stay due to a faulty Covid test- I respected the test and would have packed up and left but we had back up tests we brought that came out negative- and their testing in Denali was a joke to say the least. It was a packed unventilated room with a buffet style process- very very nice temp workers doing it/ even few teenagers with stacks of the tests like dominoes on their small portable table. 
   But took full day and night for them to even provide how they would send us home/ then agree to come test and of course PCR negative- so we got cleared in time to board ship but lost two days of our land and have to pay 200 for the PCR. 
    Then in Vancouver- bus had short staff and missing busses (maybe due to short staff) so they were not able to accommodate riders- kept apologizing/ so we had to get a own ride to airport- why pay 500 for bus service wasn’t able to transport us.   We merely asked for partial refund on these two items. 

Good luck with this.  It probably doesn't matter if you rant or not because Princess will put you off forever.  They can play the long game, and they don't care if you never sail with them again.  They have a new business model where they want to attract people with kids and fill up their new mega ships.  They want to be the "Classier Carnival,"  kids everywhere but with fewer fist fights in the buffets. Losing business from the occasional wronged party does not move them in the least.

• Like 3

The more I read about the NO SERVICE from Princess the more I am so disappointed I booked my upcoming cruise with them.  I have also never been able to get thru to them with questions, no call back, nothing.  Then, I see these kind of postings and see its common with so many folks that they cannot get assistance.  I am praying hoping and have fingers crossed all goes well on my upcoming cruise but I wont subject myself to this anxiety when there are so many other very nice cruise lines that do provide customer service.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JAVinKC said:

The more I read about the NO SERVICE from Princess the more I am so disappointed I booked my upcoming cruise with them.  I have also never been able to get thru to them with questions, no call back, nothing.  Then, I see these kind of postings and see its common with so many folks that they cannot get assistance.  I am praying hoping and have fingers crossed all goes well on my upcoming cruise but I wont subject myself to this anxiety when there are so many other very nice cruise lines that do provide customer service.

If you need help or questions on your booking…you might just go to the Princess website or phone line and request a CVP. Cruise Vacation Planner can help you and get back to you a lot faster, if you get a good one.

If you have questions, you can always look through the forum for subjects that interest you and post your questions.

Crossing my fingers and knocking on wood, I have had little unsolvable issues since the start up last Summer.  MOST OF THE TIME, poster on cruise critic are really helpful.  

The least one can do and still cruise is:

Make final payment

Go to webpage and fill in basic information (name, birthday, address, etc)

Go to the pier with hard copies of everything (passport, vaccination card, test results, etc).  

For me, it does help to have a Travel Agent.  If for anything, reassurance.  

The fabulous crew and the fact that I am being taken care of on a ship is all that I need.  

I hope you enjoy yourself on your next cruise.  Don't sweat the small stuff.

@Beachandcity False positives do happen  Very, very rare with a PCR test.  More likely to happen with an antigen test.  Did Princess return your cruise funds with FCC?  Sorry this happened to you.  

20 hours ago, Beachandcity said:

Thank you all very much for the help. Great advice- sorry for lack of response but all the notifications were getting stuck  in my spam.

The issue was that they quarantined us for our entire Denali stay due to a faulty Covid test- I respected the test and would have packed up and left but we had back up tests we brought that came out negative- and their testing in Denali was a joke to say the least. It was a packed unventilated room with a buffet style process- very very nice temp workers doing it/ even few teenagers with stacks of the tests like dominoes on their small portable table. 
   But took full day and night for them to even provide how they would send us home/ then agree to come test and of course PCR negative- so we got cleared in time to board ship but lost two days of our land and have to pay 200 for the PCR. 
    Then in Vancouver- bus had short staff and missing busses (maybe due to short staff) so they were not able to accommodate riders- kept apologizing/ so we had to get a own ride to airport- why pay 500 for bus service wasn’t able to transport us.   We merely asked for partial refund on these two items. 

Did any of your parties purchase the Princess Vacation Protection plan? While I'm unsure how far you will get without it, it was recommended to us to get this. At the least with standard plan, any trip interruptions, such as what happened to you and your party, will get at least a 75% refund. With platinum, 100%. Depending on the cause, it would be either a FCC or cash refund. Not saying you won't get a refund but I suspect it's much easier if you had their protection plan.

Sorry this happened to you.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2022 at 9:22 AM, Thrak said:

email customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Be polite. Don't rant. Simply detail your issues in a non-combative manner. I have gotten phone calls in return when I've contacted that address.

I haven't had any luck with this email contact. Also no response after writing John Padget and others. Princess really doesn't care about you after they've taken your money. 

We had a horrible cruise on the Crown. They basically did a bait and switch, changing our itinerary at the last minute (after assuring us that OUR itinerary would not change) They knew all along that they would not fix the engine problem until dry dock at end of Alaska season, yet they continued to sell the ORIGINAL itinerary up until days before our departure. Other sailings received FCC, we received nothing.

I have gotten no where with Princess and will be moving forward with Celebrity and Oceania, which we love anyway. 

Btw, our friends booked the Diamond for this October and Princess cancelled their cruise due to staffing shortages. Princess has not refunded their money and now they have turned it over to their bank to deal with Princess.

Best of luck to you.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree that the 1-800 customer service reps are a total joke.  You can tell that it is now out sourced and staffed by people who have no clue and have not even cruised before. We had a simple question about our upcoming cruise, the three reps we talked to on the phone only wanted to up sell us, "No I can not answer that but do you want the drink package? how about chocolate covered strawberries?  Princess should not be calling it customer service, they should call call it customer up sell.

• Like 2

@Beachandcitysorry you had 2 bad issues (1) false positive covid test (2) poor bus service.

Never experienced a false positive test result. I'm sure that was frustrating but other than reconfirm with a PCR test, what should they have done??

As to poor bus service, how long ago did you complete the website form requesting reimbursement? Took a month to be reimbursed in December.  It took a week (disembarked 9/17/22 and just deposited check) to be reimbursed $216.95 for poor tour experience after I complained on the post cruise survey this time. So it's speeding up.

On 9/16/2022 at 12:59 AM, Kay S said:

Good luck with this.  It probably doesn't matter if you rant or not because Princess will put you off forever.  They can play the long game, and they don't care if you never sail with them again.  They have a new business model where they want to attract people with kids and fill up their new mega ships.  They want to be the "Classier Carnival,"  kids everywhere but with fewer fist fights in the buffets. Losing business from the occasional wronged party does not move them in the least.

We actually witnessed a bloody adult fist fight in the main dining room on formal night ( 1994) on the Carnival Tropicale.  It was the best entertainment onboard.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, danceswithphones said:

Fist fight in the MDR on the Carnival Conquest in 2008. They were going door-to-door on our deck looking for one of the participants. Must have been a high crime neighborhood. 😂

Looking for more people to participate?

On a carnival cruise I was on, there was some dust-up, and a security guard was placed outside of the participants

cabin for the remainder of the cruise.   (we were just down the hall)

On princess, clash of the walkers is much more likely.

I recall on emerald, there was a very upset gent haranguing the head waiter at the dining room entrance.

Someone had 'stolen' his scooter while he was in the dining room.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

Looking for more people to participate?

We had a table right by the entrance to the MDR. The elevators weren't far away. All the sudden we hear a commotion which turned out to be the arrival of a very drunk man and woman. They joined the line, waiting to be seated. The man started yelling and grabbed the woman by the throat. A bystander clocked the guy. My 8 year old granddaughter asked me what the man was picking up off the floor. Without thinking, I told her the truth. "His teeth." The battered drunk picked up a couple of teeth and ran for the stairs. Evidently, security was still looking for him later that evening. We got a knock on the door and a "have you seen this guy" inquiry. That was it for me and Carnival. 

On 9/10/2022 at 11:27 AM, CineGraphic said:

Collin Steinke
Director, Customer Relations
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
csteinke@princesscruises.com

Mario Siebaldi
Senior Vice President Guest Experience
24305 Town Center Drive
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
msiebaldi@princesscruises.com

Don't write a book, just make a list of the problems.

Someone will eventually call you as they hate to put anything in writing when it comes to poor service.

Have an idea of what you want them to do about it. The may try to get away with something as little as $25 in OBC for your troubles. Their response to our problems last April was completely underwhelming, hence we cancelled our October sailing with Princess and booked with Virgin Voyages instead.

^^^^ This!

I had submitted for reimbursement for Covid testing back in May when for Alaska cruises ending in Vancouver, Princess originally was providing complimentary tests on the ship. Then they did it at the port. Then they dropped it altogether and said they'd reimburse for the cost of the tests. I diligently submitted the refund request on the Princess web-site along with receipts and screen-shots of the Princess web-pages indicating there would be a reimbursement. Even received a response with a record number. Indicated processing would be four to six weeks. At eight weeks I sent a note to customer relations and received the normal "we received your email and you're at the end of the line" response. I then sent another email at three months with no response.

Finally I sent a nice email to the above referenced addresses and also to John Padgett asking for them to break this free. Within three days I received a note of apology from customer relations and was told the check was in the mail. It arrived a few days later.

That works and thanks for the email addresses!

• Thanks 1