Any Cruise Deals During the Holidays?

KellyCz

I could be wrong, but I think the more you wait last-minute for those, the worse off you will be. The whole "last-minute" value is for cruises that didn't fill for whatever reasons. Sometimes involving flexibility on your part. Christmas and New Year's cruises are destination cruises with high demand.

39 minutes ago, KellyCz said:

Looking for a last-minute cruise for after Christmas (specifically between Dec. 27 and Jan. 1, departing from any U.S. port). Are there any deals out there? What's the best way to find them?

I am leaving 12/22 for 15 day holiday cruise. final payment due 9/23.  I would suggest you start looking now to see if cruise lines have any deals on cruises you want to do.  

8 hours ago, KellyCz said:

Looking for a last-minute cruise for after Christmas (specifically between Dec. 27 and Jan. 1, departing from any U.S. port). Are there any deals out there? What's the best way to find them?

There is a drop-down menu/link at the top of this page (any Cruise Critic page) for Deals. Also one for Find a Cruise. Good places to find what is available that meets your schedule.  

• Like 1

The best thing to do is find an itinerary you like and book it.  If saving money is most important, you should just stay home.   Vacation time is obviously going to be in greater demand - so do not wait until others almost as slow as you get themselves in gear.  Last minute bookings for May or October sailings MIGHT represent savings - but hardly any in really peak times like Christmas/New Years of Spring Break peak week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

If saving money is most important, you should just stay home.

🤣 That made me laugh out loud! 

Attention everyone: apparently you should only pay premium cruise prices, or just stay home

Very helpful reply. Good grief.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mom says said:

Deals for one of the most in demand times of the year? That's like asking if they have deals on Disney World at Christmas. Prices for Holiday sailings this year are more likely to climb than fall.

Point taken. I know it's a long shot, but I figured some of the experienced cruisers here might have some suggestions. 

1 hour ago, mom says said:

Deals for one of the most in demand times of the year? That's like asking if they have deals on Disney World at Christmas. Prices for Holiday sailings this year are more likely to climb than fall.

Disneyland --  I'm was surprised to learn that Christmas Day is the busiest day of the year.   

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, KellyCz said:

I wouldn't expect the best deals of the year, but if I wanted reasonable fares for a short cruise, I think I would look at Florida or Southern California departures.  Kind of a wild guess on my part, but who knows.   

19 hours ago, KellyCz said:

Cruise Line pricing relies heavily on supply / demand.

Christmas week is - by far - the busiest week of the year (highest demand) for cruise lines.

With seemingly all of humanity trying to buy a cruise for that week, which intelligent Cruise Line Executive would choose to offer discounts ???

Hint: The weeks before the Christmas Cruise and after the New Years Cruise are when / where you will find your deals.

9 hours ago, KellyCz said:

🤣 That made me laugh out loud! 

Attention everyone: apparently you should only pay premium cruise prices, or just stay home

Very helpful reply. Good grief.

Just trying to offer  advice: unless you are willing to pay premium cruise prices, you should not cruise during peak periods.

Cruises around Chritmas/New Years are usually at a premiun (price wise)  And if you have to fly from Wisconsin to take the cruise, airfare will probably also be higher than at ptjer times as will hotel prices if you fly in or stay a day or two pre/post cruise..

On 9/16/2022 at 1:11 PM, marco said:

Cruises around Chritmas/New Years are usually at a premiun (price wise)  And if you have to fly from Wisconsin to take the cruise, airfare will probably also be higher than at ptjer times as will hotel prices if you fly in or stay a day or two pre/post cruise..

Definitely true about the flights!

1 hour ago, KellyCz said:

Definitely true about the flights!

Unless you live very near a cruise port, holiday period sailings will hit you at least two (more likely three) ways:  

a) Higer cruise fares because of seasonal demand.

b) Higher air fares getting to the port because of increased holiday period travel demand.

c) Likely higher hotel rates for the pre-cruise night (if you are intelligent enough not to assume no weather delays getting to the port on embarkation day).

A Christmas time frame cruise might reasonably be expected to cost you close to twice as much as a comparable  one, say, at the end of Februsry (after Presidents'week and before Spring Break).

If you want an inexpensive cruise, try to pick a time when fewer others will be making cruise plans.  If you want to cruise during peak vacation periods, be willing to pay for that option.

7 hours ago, donaldsc said:

There are lots of WEB sites selling last minute cruises nut we can't discuss specific sites on CC.  Do some internet research and I am sure that you will find something.

DON

Thanks!