Booking restaurants for a group - what’s required?

Stickman1990

Hoping you can help me with a simple question - we are doing our restaurant reservations and I have 6 people (but they are on 3 different booking numbers), how do I do that request for a table for 6 in the Regent system when bookings open later this week

Will it let me reserve a table for all 6 at each of the restaurants that can be reserved in advance and if so do I need the reservation numbers, or some other reference number, or do I just enter 6 as the requirement?

Appreciate your clarification of how to handle so I don’t hit a block when I can do it later this week

Specialty restaurants (one, two, or three, depending on what Regent ship you are on) have tables for six.  You need to supply booking numbers for the other two couples when you enter the timeline allowing for making reservations. 

GOARMY!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GOARMY said:

Specialty restaurants (one, two, or three, depending on what Regent ship you are on) have tables for six.  You need to supply booking numbers for the other two couples when you enter the timeline allowing for making reservations. 

GOARMY!

Takes patience and the system can be slow, but it does work.

And, for further clarification:  "Sette Mari" (reconfigured from La Veranda--the routine breakfast and lunch venue on all Regent ships) is not considered a specialty restaurant for the purposes of requiring an advance reservation.  Should your group of six decide for dinner dining--  

Recommendation:  Group show-up on the early side--around 1825H.  No problem, again, obtaining a table for six. 

GOARMY!

Ok thanks everyone - so I will have the booking numbers for each of the 3 couples on hand when I make the bookings later this week

A follow up question if I may - what time (ie is it 1 minute past midnight in what time zone?) does the booking system open for reservations. Ours open on 28 September - so what specifically does that mean? 

Thanks

Reservations open at midnight in the Eastern time zone. If you live in the Pacific time zone, you could choose excursions at 9 pm on September 27. In Paris, your time to choose excursions would be at 6 am on September 28.

Dave

18 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

Reservations open at midnight in the Eastern time zone. If you live in the Pacific time zone, you could choose excursions at 9 pm on September 27.

Thanks - that makes it easy for me then as I’m in the “far Pacific” time zone ie Sydney,Australia so that will be 2pm on the 29th for me 😂

10 hours ago, Stickman1990 said:

Thanks - that makes it easy for me then as I’m in the “far Pacific” time zone ie Sydney,Australia so that will be 2pm on the 29th for me 😂

Unless we now have 38 hour days, your time to book excursions should be at 2 PM on the 28th. 😂Hope your first Regent cruise is a winner.

Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cwn said:

Are you sure. Australia is a day ahead so on the 28 th here it would be the 29+ there. We have always lost a day going west to Australia.

You do lose a day when you go west. However, Sydney Australia is 14 hours ahead of New York going east. So when it is 12:01 AM on September 28 in New York, it is 2:01 PM on September 28 in Sydney. 😀

Dave

• Like 1

Ha, thanks for correcting my miscalculation - the last 2 years of no international travel have clearly taken their toll on my time zone brain

Yes you’re all right - we’re 14 hours ahead - so it is indeed 2pm on the 28th here 

So now onto hoping I get my preferred bookings tomorrow 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaveFr said:

You do lose a day when you go west. However, Sydney Australia is 14 hours ahead of New York going east. So when it is 12:01 AM on September 28 in New York, it is 2:01 PM on September 28 in Sydney. 😀

Dave

This is always so confusing to me….but you are right, we do watch the fireworks onTV in Sydney before at home. 🤣

Just closing this off to let everyone know how it panned out 

We got our restaurant reservations done today for our group of 6 (3 seperate reservation numbers) - it was easy to do online if you had the reservation numbers and the first and last name for one person from each reservation (it picks up both people on the reservations) - the online booking system was easy enough to use and relatively quick as once I loaded our 3 reservation groups that stuck for all the reservations I made - so no need to re-enter data 

I got good days and timing for our 3 reservations in Chartreuse, Prime 7 and Pacific Rim  - I thought there might be issues because of the group size and because we’re just the lower class cabins ie not concierge class - so others had first pick earlier - but I was pleasantly surprised to find it all went smoothly

Looking forward to our first Regent cruise in 74 days - but hey whose counting…

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 4:01 PM, DaveFr said:

Reservations open at midnight in the Eastern time zone.

and of course just when we get that sorted Regent goes and changes the time reservations open to 8pm EDT - just linking to that for anyone who looks for the correct time in the future

Edited by Stickman1990

On 9/26/2022 at 2:44 PM, Stickman1990 said:

Ha, thanks for correcting my miscalculation - the last 2 years of no international travel have clearly taken their toll on my time zone brain

Yes you’re all right - we’re 14 hours ahead - so it is indeed 2pm on the 28th here 

So now onto hoping I get my preferred bookings tomorrow 

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20220929T000000&p1=179&p2=236&p3=248&p4=69&p5=240

8PM EDT on the 28th of sept is 10AM the 29th in sydney

Edited by Lonedaddy