Live on Mariner of the Seas, it’s been Years in the Making — October 3rd to 8th, 2022.

A&L_Ont

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So how does one get to use Digicel? 

Turn on your data roaming and hopefully your cell provider from home share a share package for travel. Just make sure you shut off the data when you get back to the ship, cause I could be an expensive mistake.

• Thanks 1

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

All aboard is 4:30 so it’s soon time to pack it in. 🥲

Just to keep you up to date, the Jays lost the first game today vs. Baltimore.  Second game starts at 4pm.

Are you back for the wildcard games this weekend at the Roger's Centre?

And how the heck could MLB schedule Friday's game at 4pm, right in the middle of my last class for the week. 🤬 I guess I'll have to give the students some work to do in class while I watch the game on my laptop. Much better than me lecturing to them for 3 hours. 😉

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I might have to break down and get one. I’d like to have one that also turns like a timer clock.  It would be great to be able to get a slow-mo of a horizon shot. 

Thanks Greg. She appears in multiple ways in different forms.  In song, butterflies, and found 10 cent dimes. They all somehow find us at the right moment. 

I'll let everyone know how it works out on my live review but I probably will not be able to post the videos until I get home because of the large file sizes.

My Mom loved birds and especially Cardinals. She loved their red color. Sometime especially in the winter around the holidays which was her favorite time I would see a cardinal sitting on a limb just outside our window. I often thought it was her checking in on us. It gave me great comfort.

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

But balcony rales are made of wood.🤔

The one on Symphony was not wood. It was metal.

27 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

However, some support posts are made of steel. 😁

Or the side panels. There is more steel than anything on a balcony.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, singinalot said:

amazing…where are all the people?!

I think most people go either to Columbus Cove to swim or the other side of the Island to sunbathe  watch the Zipline or to Adrenaline Beach where there is Beach Cabanas and you can swim there too.

The Barefoot Beach Club where I think Andrew's Cabana  was at is only for Grand Suite and above people. Might be the reason why so little people in his pictures.

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/BEST-OF-LABADEE1.jpg

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

All correct.

I though you’d go with the more obvious one for the Italian heritage… a spoon for pasta? 🤯

I lived in Italy for two years and very seldom saw anyone use a spoon for swirling.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You didn't know my grandfather.😄

LOL

You are right. While I seldom saw anyone swirling their spaghetti on a spoon when I lived in Italy, I did see it occasionally. Perhaps I saw your grandfather? 😁

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The Barefoot Beach Club where I think Andrew's Cabana  was at is only for Grand Suite and above people. Might be the reason why so little people in his pictures.

That is partially correct now as it has changed in the recent past.

It used to be that only people in suites could book a cabana on Barefoot Beach. Now anyone can book a cabana, if they wish, no matter their cabin category. Similar to Coco Cay Beach Club. 

If one is in a GS and up they can use the Beach Club for no extra cost. 

Edit to add that there are far fewer suites on Mariner compared to an Oasis Class ship. That would help to explain why there are fewer people in the beach club. Not even half the cabanas were booked. Their pricing is certainly not user friendly. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

Oh man, those water pics are killing me.  Only 25 more days until I get to see that gorgeous Caribbean blue water!  And loved the view today- the angle appeared to be the same cabana we had way back when.  We have an OTW booked at CocoCay - luckily there are 8 of us so the hit wasn't too brutal.  How lovely that your special song appeared on such a beautiful day!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Just to keep you up to date, the Jays lost the first game today vs. Baltimore.  Second game starts at 4pm.

Lisa just gave me the update, that they are tied 1-1 during the 6th. 

Are you back for the wildcard games this weekend at the Roger's Centre?

We get home late Saturday, but will be watching from home.  Lisa looked on Stub Hub and amazing seats are out of this world in pricing. Asking isn’t getting though. 

And how the heck could MLB schedule Friday's game at 4pm, right in the middle of my last class for the week. 🤬 I guess I'll have to give the students some work to do in class while I watch the game on my laptop. Much better than me lecturing to them for 3 hours. 😉

You never know, they might be “sick” at home on Friday.  I agree with you, why 4pm?  The dome will be shut as well, the MLB never likes it open for any play off games. The ball carries well even though both teams benefit equally. 

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Our Allie just made a visit in spirit to us. We have Spotify on and “Somewhere over the Rainbow” by Israel Kamakawiwoʻole just came on.

For those that have not followed us before on reviews, Allie is our daughter who passed at 2 years of age from health issues she was born with.  This was one of three song played at her funeral.  

She often visits us in different ways, and she is with us today. ❤️

That song is one of my "Thumbs Ups" on Pandora, so I hear it often.  I will remember your precious Allie when I hear it next.  I'm glad you have these special ways for her to visit with you. 

• Like 5

It certainly feels amazing to be showered and clean of salt water and sunscreen remnants.  If there was a human car wash on the way back to the ship, I gladly would have joined that excursion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

It certainly feels amazing to be showered and clean of salt water and sunscreen remnants.  If there was a human car wash on the way back to the ship, I gladly would have joined that excursion.

I hate that grimy feeling.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We get home late Saturday, but will be watching from home.  Lisa looked on Stub Hub and amazing seats are out of this world in pricing. Asking isn’t getting though. 

You never know, they might be “sick” at home on Friday.  I agree with you, why 4pm?  The dome will be shut as well, the MLB never likes it open for any play off games. The ball carries well even though both teams benefit equally. 

I checked the prices too. Wow, who do the Blue Jays think they are charging that much? The Leafs? 😉

I'm sure there will be an uptick in 'sickness' cases this Friday. Along with ' my car broken down', 'I had to take my Grandma to the hospital', and 'my bus never showed up' cases too. 

We were are last Sunday's afternoon game and they had the roof closed for some reason. Sunday was a beautiful day in Toronto. The place is just not the same with the roof closed. We're Canadian for heaven's sake, 50 degrees F is shorts and t-shirt weather for us. 🩳 👕

• Like 1