In Sink Laundry detergent/sheets

lakegirl16

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

You did

But some  here  cannot  or do not read   they have their own agenda  for the preferred line

In my case I wasn't going to read through two pages before commenting. Since I don't use the self-service I hardly care if a ship has one or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mom says said:

So you are, in effect, calling them liars. Nice. 

No, I am NOT calling them liars (either in effect or literally).  I AM saying that people who say things which are simply not believable (either because of poor memory or simple ignorance)  should not be taken too seriously.

Lying requires intent to mislead (usually for less-than-admirable reasons) and knowledge that what is being said is untrue.

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

In my case I wasn't going to read through two pages before commenting. Since I don't use the self-service I hardly care if a ship has one or not.

A reasonable approach to handling used clothes on board ship -- I cannot help wondering if you might have experienced the maturing effect of shipboard living in your youth.

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

A reasonable approach to handling used clothes on board ship -- I cannot help wondering if you might have experienced the maturing effect of shipboard living in your youth.

Three ships worth, yes.

4 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

You only needed to read the first  2 posts  😁

• Like 1

I've travelled for 40+ years doing sink laundry with the hotel or ship's shampoo.  If it can't be hand-washed, it doesn't get to go with me.  We had comp ship's laundry once, that was very nice ... but I don't really want my clothes washed in hot water and put in a hot dryer.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, jsn55 said:

... but I don't really want my clothes washed in hot water and put in a hot dryer.

Turns out that on Holland America, they actually read and apply requests for warm or cool wash/dry EVEN for Air Dry (which takes an extra day, but yahoo this is me packing even lighter).

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Hlitner said:

For in-sink many friends like to use Woolite.   That being said, for cruises and trips less than 3 weeks in length, we simply pack enough to avoid needing to do laundry.  Many are proud of their ability to travel light but we prefer not to spend trip/cruise time needing to do any laundry.  We can easily pack 3 weeks of "stuff" into two suitcases.

Hank

I have had very good results with the cruise line shampoo for my in-sink washing. When you think of the similarities of washing hair and washing woollens, it makes a lot of sense. And it is one less thing to pack.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LHT28 said:

And obviously in this case I didn't (I think I did read the last two posts or so because I came to the thread late and when I clicked on it that is where it took me). The point that I made in my response is still valid (from my point of view)- we do enough laundry at home and I'm not going to fuss with it on a cruise ship. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jsn55 said:

I've travelled for 40+ years doing sink laundry with the hotel or ship's shampoo.  If it can't be hand-washed, it doesn't get to go with me.  We had comp ship's laundry once, that was very nice ... but I don't really want my clothes washed in hot water and put in a hot dryer.

Exactly, most shampoos easily break down body soils and at least for two weeks should be more than sufficient for cleaning.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LHT28 said:

And if you read them, you will notice the first one was edited AFTER the second post was made. The statement in question was likely not there when the second post was made. Lighten up.

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

And obviously in this case I didn't (I think I did read the last two posts or so because I came to the thread late and when I clicked on it that is where it took me). The point that I made in my response is still valid (from my point of view)- we do enough laundry at home and I'm not going to fuss with it on a cruise ship. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lisiamc said:

I have had very good results with the cruise line shampoo for my in-sink washing. When you think of the similarities of washing hair and washing woollens, it makes a lot of sense. And it is one less thing to pack.

Either that or I just use the bar of soap.  Works fine.  Now, you may have to ask for one.

• Like 1

I also use the Tru Earth wash sheets.  both home and traveling.  I can split 1 sheet into quarters for a sink wash.  I'm also a "if I can't wash and hang dry, it doesn't go with me" person.  Did 31 days in Europe this summer with just my carryon.  Did a month working at a hotel in Hilton Head a few years ago and did my laundry in the sink.   I'm one of those who don't mind.  But, some aren't.  That's the way it is.  I won't judge 😸

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1