They accepted my offer BUT boy is this confusing !

Shippy

I had bid on  Penthouse Suite awhile back & heard nothing. This weekend I added  on a bid for a Premium suite S5.

Both minimum bids.

This morning I got an email saying sorry, your bid not accepted. It did not specify so I figured I would go to the original email I had bid from & up the other bid.

Well, each one said NOT ELIGIBLE !

So, I went to bid on the Club one & that also said NOT ELIGIBLE !   I was a bid mad because I thought if they turned you down, you could go back & modify your bid but it would not let me    :O(

2 hours later, I get a congratulation email, your bid is accepted. It was for the Penthouse suite. Although I thought a lot of money, I guess a good deal. From our mini suite, 7 day cruise, $700. pp to S4 Penthouse.

Now, the fine print...eventhough you have to put a credit card down when you bid, it says you are not paid.  I wonder what happens to people that do not see this ? They have already taken away your original cabin & given you the new one. Would they just cancel your cruise ?

Ours is only 3 weeks away. 

Anyway, I called Princess to try & make the payment but the man was really confused about what I was talking about. Luckily I was able to get my agent who straightened everything out.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Shippy said:

I had bid on  Penthouse Suite awhile back & heard nothing. This weekend I added  on a bid for a Premium suite S5.

Both minimum bids.

This morning I got an email saying sorry, your bid not accepted. It did not specify so I figured I would go to the original email I had bid from & up the other bid.

So, I went to bid on the Club one & that also said NOT ELIGIBLE !   I was a bid mad because I thought if they turned you down, you could go back & modify your bid but it would not let me    :O(

2 hours later, I get a congratulation email, your bid is accepted. It was for the Penthouse suite. Although I thought a lot of money, I guess a good deal. From our mini suite, 7 day cruise, $700. pp to S4 Penthouse.

Now, the fine print...eventhough you have to put a credit card down when you bid, it says you are not paid.  I wonder what happens to people that do not see this ? They have already taken away your original cabin & given you the new one. Would they just cancel your cruise ?

Anyway, I called Princess to try & make the payment but the man was really confused about what I was talking about. Luckily I was able to get my agent who straightened everything out.

There is already a thread about bidding:

I’m sure others would like your input.

• Like 4

If I’m upgraded, then what?

• It's simple. You'll get an email from us with the good news up to 3 days before you sail, and then you'll pay for the accepted bid amount via one of the following methods:
    • Pay through your Cruise Personalizer at princess.com
    • Have your travel advisor pay through POLAR Online
    • Call our Contact Center at 1-800-Princess (774-6237)
  • You’ll see your new stateroom number when you log into your My Princess account. (It’s assigned based on availability.)

And if I’m not?

You’ll keep the comfortable stateroom you have and won’t be billed for the extra amount.

What if I make multiple offers?

Each one is considered on its own, and only one will be accepted based on availability and whether it wins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1cruiselvr said:

You don’t have to nit can be done without your TA. 

apparently not with the phone number they provided...800-774-6237

The gentleman I spoke with did not have a clue what I was talking about.

The only point I was really trying to make was that I thought it would be a bit easier since you had already provided a credit card number when you bid.

Some people might have thought the same.

Sorry, if this post was beneath you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Shippy said:

This morning I got an email saying sorry, your bid not accepted…

From the initial reports, if bidding on multiple cabins this is the email you want to see 🙂

It means your bid was accepted on one of the other bids you made and then they send out the rejection emails on the other cabins your not going to win (because you won another one).

I know it sounds kind of strange they sent out the cancel bid emails first but, as you wrote, a few hours later you received the email regarding your bid win.

I bid on 4 different classes and didn’t win any of them. But, I never got any declined bid emails. We just showed up a embarkation and got our original cabin we purchased.

Everyone that gets a decline email should be very happy knowing in a few hours they will receive a winning bid email.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Shippy said:

Both minimum bids.

So, I placed a minimum bid to upgrade from an obstructed balcony cabin to an unobstructed deluxe balcony. My bid was accepted, and I was place into that upgrade cabin. I had 3 days to paid for it thru my cruise personalizer.  It is my understanding that if I don't pay for the upgrade (for whatever reason) I will be placed back into my original cabin. So, Princess must/should keep my original cabin open until I paid for the upgrade for 3 days. Once I pay for the upgrade then Princess would/could assign my original cabin to someone else. I think the whole purpose of this bidding process is to generate additional revenue by upgrading passengers at a price that feel comfortable paying and giving them a cabin in a premium location to make them happy. I certainly am.  

• Like 2

You are going to have so much FUN in your Penthouse Suite!!!  Congrats!  Have you had a suite before with Princess?  Either way, enjoy yourself, make sure you know all the perks that come along with the Suite experience so you can make sure to get them.  Breakfast at Sabatini's (or Crown Grill depending upon which ship you're on) is superb as is all the other things that make Suite-Life awesome.   

Thanks AZJohn.

My question is, can you just decline the new upgrade, and not pay for it?  I don't think I have heard of anyone who has done that yet. I might bid if I knew I could see the cabin category.  If it is a higher cabin category, but is a bad location, like a forward category, from a mid-ship deluxe balcony to a forward or highest deck mini suite,  I would probably not want to move.

Edited by PRINCESS Sweet Pea

1 hour ago, Triptkr said:

You are going to have so much FUN in your Penthouse Suite!!!  Congrats!  Have you had a suite before with Princess?  Either way, enjoy yourself, make sure you know all the perks that come along with the Suite experience so you can make sure to get them.  Breakfast at Sabatini's (or Crown Grill depending upon which ship you're on) is superb as is all the other things that make Suite-Life awesome.   

MANY years ago with my daughter. It was only a 3 day coastal cruise.

Now that I am really old & falling apart.....    (O:   I will really enjoy a full week in a suite !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Thanks AZJohn.

My question is, can you just decline the new upgrade, and not pay for it?  I don't think I have heard of anyone who has done that yet. I might bid if I knew I could see the cabin category.  If it is a higher cabin category, but is a bad location, like a forward category, from a mid-ship deluxe balcony to a forward or highest deck mini suite,  I would probably not want to move.

What was said by Princess at the beginning is yes, you can cancel the upgrade. The only problem I think is that your original cabin was likely sold to another bidder.

It has been reported here on CC that once you get your winning email with the link you can see what cabin they picked out for you. This is before you accept.

Again, I'm not going off my own personal experience (I'm a bidder loser...lol), I'm just going off from what has been posted here on CC.

Cheers 

6 hours ago, COMBOY said:

So, I placed a minimum bid to upgrade from an obstructed balcony cabin to an unobstructed deluxe balcony. My bid was accepted, and I was place into that upgrade cabin. I had 3 days to paid for it thru my cruise personalizer.  It is my understanding that if I don't pay for the upgrade (for whatever reason) I will be placed back into my original cabin. So, Princess must/should keep my original cabin open until I paid for the upgrade for 3 days. Once I pay for the upgrade then Princess would/could assign my original cabin to someone else. I think the whole purpose of this bidding process is to generate additional revenue by upgrading passengers at a price that feel comfortable paying and giving them a cabin in a premium location to make them happy. I certainly am.  

I believe you have misunderstood.  Once you win a bid, you do not have an option to cancel the bid.  Why would Princess do such a silly thing.  If you do not win a bid, you stay in your cabin and do not pay any additional fee.

22 hours ago, Shippy said:

apparently not with the phone number they provided...800-774-6237

The gentleman I spoke with did not have a clue what I was talking about.

The only point I was really trying to make was that I thought it would be a bit easier since you had already provided a credit card number when you bid.

Some people might have thought the same.

Sorry, if this post was beneath you.

Don’t understand your negative attitude. I was just pointing out for those that didn’t know, you don’t need your TA or to call Princess, to pay for your upgrade. If you had read the fine print of the bidding process you would have known you have to provide your payment information again. Congratulations on your winning a bid. 

Edited by 1cruiselvr