🛳 Live from Allure 10-15 to 10-23 with Starlink

Ozark_Kid

We did Samba on Allure one time and could not stop the waiters from bringing us more meat, even after we said no more and we surrendered! 🤣 My DH said he had the "meat sweats" all night.  We did enjoy it though 😉

• Like 2

I want to thank everyone that took the time to follow along.  I highly appreciate you. Although it is challenging at times to do a live, it brings joy and is fun to share and to see everyone enjoying the trip with us.

So cheers to all.

20221021_150106.thumb.jpg.2b6f573dfde79031afc4fb9755d9e8da.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 8

Great review! I know it took a lot of effort. 

I’m currently on Allure and was surprised to see there is no map channel on the TV in the stateroom. You know the one that in addition to the map has temperature, sea depth, sunrise and sunset etc. It has been there every recent cruise I have done on different ships. I wonder if its absence is due to the Starlink setup process. I can’t imagine why else they would remove it. It’s a small issue but I do miss it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

I’m currently on Allure and was surprised to see there is no map channel on the TV in the stateroom. You know the one that in addition to the map has temperature, sea depth, sunrise and sunset etc. It has been there every recent cruise I have done on different ships. I wonder if its absence is due to the Starlink setup process. I can’t imagine why else they would remove it. It’s a small issue but I do miss it. 

I think you are talking about the one that also shows ship location.  I too could not find it.  I usually take a shot of it to post our location. Not sure why it was missing. 

I hope you are having a great cruise.  I started to mention a fee crew to say hey to but it would take all day.  Several great ones.

54 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

That is the channel I keep on all the time and its absence I would consider more than a small issue. It was available on Allure for my January and April sailings.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Great review and thank you for taking us along. It was fun being on three ships at the same time. Mine, yours and John's. Your pictures were fantastic.

Thanks Greg.  I am glad our Dani friends encouraged me to do my 1st one last year.   Isn't fun doing them and sharing?  I bet the  Bella live review will be so nice.  I see a big group effort coming.   

Thanks again 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Since the map TV channel was not active until tonight it does not trace our path from Ft Lauderdale to Roatan. It begins with our departure from Roatan heading north. 

I was last on Allure in March so I may not remember exactly but I believe the format has been updated. It includes “apparent wind” speed and direction like I saw on Ovation in Alaska. I’m pretty sure that was not there for Allure previously. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 10:01 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

Pics before we leave.  

The bar where we got the Labaduicy.

Bar_131926.thumb.jpg.9d917214c81006fdb3a5e25233b5d770.jpg

A safe we brought to keep our phones in while we went swimming. 

Safe_132440.thumb.jpg.27206eb9e8668fbb881423e4779f1e1c.jpg

Random pic from the square.

View_132919.jpg.4d745f11bf3fa57444aa11238438e6a8.jpg

Inside the Art Market. 

Art_133505.jpg.2db6c064585228913a2ba3b55406159a.jpg

Sorry if its already been answered but where did. you get the safe you clipped on the beach umbrella?

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 1:09 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

I want to thank everyone that took the time to follow along.  I highly appreciate you. Although it is challenging at times to do a live, it brings joy and is fun to share and to see everyone enjoying the trip with us.

So cheers to all.

20221021_150106.thumb.jpg.2b6f573dfde79031afc4fb9755d9e8da.jpg

We appreciate you for doing a live from.

Excellent photos and review.

Graham.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CruiseMomTX said:

Sorry if its already been answered but where did. you get the safe you clipped on the beach umbrella?

Sorry for the late response.   I thought Amazon but not sure.  I just looked and didn't see one.  @Sea Dog was who introduced it to me.  

• Like 1

Thanks for doing such a great live review @Ozark_Kid! I’ve really enjoyed following along with you and all of the other live reviewers this past week. I’ll admit I haven’t done very well at keeping up with everything going on in my real life, plus all of the great reviews, but I have had a lot of fun trying and I’m almost caught up with everything now. I really appreciate all of the time and effort everyone writing these reviews takes to share their vacation with us. 🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, perfect match said:

Thanks for doing such a great live review @Ozark_Kid! I’ve really enjoyed following along with you and all of the other live reviewers this past week. I’ll admit I haven’t done very well at keeping up with everything going on in my real life, plus all of the great reviews, but I have had a lot of fun trying and I’m almost caught up with everything now. I really appreciate all of the time and effort everyone writing these reviews takes to share their vacation with us. 🙏

I surely understand trying to keep up. That's why the slow reply.  It's not easy especially when so many of our friends did live reviews last week and continuing this week but it's been fun.   I am trying to catch up with stuff around the house.   I was roasting a lot of tomatoes yesterday that the kids picked for me while gone.  Have a great day and thanks for following!

• Like 4