ReneeFLL’s Semi-Live Review B2B Ovation TP & NZ Oct 9th - Nov 9th

ReneeFLL

Your room looks much better than the JS that we had on Quantum.  We also had the split bathroom, which has advantages and disadvantages.  Your square layout makes it look like your JS total space is more like the GS that we had on Ovation (12646...same as 12246 on your side), and I think your balcony is bigger than both our JS and GS, even though the GS was on the other end of the hump and was also angled.

• Like 1

Thanks for the pics of the cabin.  I think this layout has less storage.  On Odyssey we had 6 large drawers in the dresser and this looks only to have 3.  I could never figure out how to drain the tub, so you have to turn that knob on the outside?  Who knew?  Love the big balcony though.  

Your orchid is a beautiful touch to the room!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Thanks for the pics of the cabin.  I think this layout has less storage.  On Odyssey we had 6 large drawers in the dresser and this looks only to have 3.  I could never figure out how to drain the tub, so you have to turn that knob on the outside?  Who knew?  Love the big balcony though.  

I forgot to mention...our cabin steward took the drain cover out of the tub and set it on the counter.  We never wanted to take a bath and this worked very well.  No more accidentally stepping on it and filling the tub.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, kernow said:

Thank you for the cabin pics, I really like the look of that one. Last year on Anthem we had one of the JS with a separate bathroom and toilet, I much prefer your layout especially that big balcony.

On our upcoming Ovation cruises we have just a regular balcony, have put in a bid with Royal Up but don't hold out much hope.

It’s a nice layout, but there is less storage space than the others we have been in.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2022 at 9:51 PM, Chiliburn said:

Who are the bands onboard?

There is usually one in boleros and one later in music hall.

These are the ones I found listed. Was there one you were looking for?

DSB Band doing a Journey Tribute 

Back In The Day Band doing an ‘80s Tribute

Son Del Mar is a Latin Band

Switched On Band 

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Switched On Band 

That’s perfect,  thanks .

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@ReneeFLLwe have had this square configuration on Anthem.   One tip, be careful when opening the bathroom door if someone is sitting on the bed.   I gave Eric's knees a good whack at least once or twice as I would be coming out of bathroom as he was getting up.

Love love love the extra large balcony.

So happy you and Mike are able to take this amazing trip😍

I accidentally did that to Mike. Did your bathtub have the drain in the center?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

The cabin looks lovely and the balcony is a great size. 

I have no idea why they put drains in the centre of the tubs. I am currently sourcing materials for new bathroom and I haven’t found a free standing without the drain in the middle. My friend has one and if she moves the push drain will start draining the tub with the right movement of her derrière.

Enjoy your time in Moorea, this is what dreams are made of.

Thanks, we are loving it. Maybe the drain in the middle is all the rage now? 🙄  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

The knob is up on the wall on the inside of the tub. The shower curtain hangs over it when closed. You can see the knob in the tub picture.

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I forgot to mention...our cabin steward took the drain cover out of the tub and set it on the counter.  We never wanted to take a bath and this worked very well.  No more accidentally stepping on it and filling the tub.

I never thought of doing that. I’ll try it.

• Like 2

Renee your comments and pictures are wonderful.

Your Jr. Suite balcony is awesome.  I haven't stayed in a Jr. Suite but I'm not sure about the two chair placement in the middle of the floor. I would be walking into those chairs repeatedly.  No matter, you're on a fabulous cruise/journey.  Enjoy every moment.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Apparently a center drain is the rage.  I remodeled our master bathroom last year and replaced the old "Jacuzzi" tub with a free-standing soaker tub.  Just like @#55worktoplay found, all new tubs have the drain in the middle.  This was one of the most time-consuming parts of the project - cutting through the slab to relocate the drain.  It looks fancy, but yep - sit in the tub and your butt presses the drain release!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

For our big soaker tub it is in the centre, but to to edge of the one side. No body part will hit it.  In the middle makes no sense at all IMO.

Maybe when you cross the equator it will revert to the normal position.😂

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Haha 6

12 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Switched On Band 

How do you like Switched On Band?  We watched them several times.  The lead singer has an amazing voice.  I wish DSB had been there for our part of the crossing.  I've heard great things about them.  We weren't fans of Aeromyth.

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

How do you like Switched On Band?  We watched them several times.  The lead singer has an amazing voice.  I wish DSB had been there for our part of the crossing.  I've heard great things about them.  We weren't fans of Aeromyth.

We haven’t seen them yet.

Edited by ReneeFLL

On 10/19/2022 at 9:54 PM, ReneeFLL said:

This is the door from the hallway. It opens into another hallway if you could call it that. There is our cabin and a very small inside cabin to the left. There is also a door to the right, but it doesn't look like a typical door. Not sure what it's for. 

Screenshot_20221017-183100_Gallery.thumb.jpg.d6279092e5f56f531f002c0884fceb04.jpg

20221017_181806.thumb.jpg.67c91fa2bae8028bb9764d92484c1642.jpg

This is as you first walk into the room on the right side. For some reason they left a sixpack of Sprite which I don't drink. They didn't know why it was left, but they let me change it out for diet Coke.

20221009_134133.thumb.jpg.ef5d6ab3c71612c0bb403735bb59adfe.jpg

Looking straight into the room.

20221009_134129.thumb.jpg.dc8d94299872e25f525aad2e07b90e2c.jpg

This closet is to the left. There is no walk in closet in this jr suite layout. Definitely a negative.

20221009_134203.thumb.jpg.7eae43ba373f87e3244b324950043b86.jpg

Looking from the bed back towards the door.

20221009_134249.thumb.jpg.41c3be9246a5080e3106185f0e6e47ca.jpg

20221009_134258.thumb.jpg.10874104aa52f673c1852c7685cb8fbd.jpg

Closet on left side of bed.

20221010_205510.thumb.jpg.740912762b556c316d771b3ef3be89b5.jpg

Closet on right side of bed with the safe.

20221012_205017.thumb.jpg.fdc8d569e9c470ece5a31d1a100cc320.jpg

20221009_134121.thumb.jpg.91966dea888e38e3f1bb34dde4207f34.jpg

Balcony is more of a triangular shape. When we got in there were only the 2 loungers. We asked for 2 chairs. They showed up along with a table. When standing to the left side of the balcony you can see a little into the balcony on the right. Not something I cared for. 

20221017_144657.thumb.jpg.2ddc243ab3a9623136fa360cc57834a2.jpg

20221017_144643.thumb.jpg.312767da502b52c476dedcbc240f9888.jpg

20221017_144715.thumb.jpg.de0e81523578de3418caa5064d7c2733.jpg

20221012_072219.thumb.jpg.18899d9afd53f822ee7c2747eca2427b.jpg

I think it's a bad idea to put a drain in the middle of the tub. Does anyone know if there's a reason for it? I spend about half the time trying to make sure I don't step on it. The slightest pressure makes it close and then you have to open it. You have to turn the silver knob on the side of the tub to open it. The step up into this tub doesn't see as high as other jr suite tubs. I'm not sure if this is typical of all jr suites on the Ovation or just this layout of cabin. We will be in a typical rectangular jr suite for the next cruise so I will be able to compare.

20221012_072131.thumb.jpg.f8fd5508b55ae2052cf377f6f54a5f2c.jpg

I do like the little shelf at the end of the tub.

20221009_133926.thumb.jpg.905b1d09b20f888303d1490638636dcf.jpg

20221009_133910.thumb.jpg.802518749cb501dd67ac23450b1d5a44.jpg

Very nice.  I really like that layout.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Switched On Band 

Finally caught up on all the "Live threads" I have been very unproductive this week. 

Both DSB and Switched on are very very good!  If you have to pick and choose which time to see them because of conflicts, pick the times they are in the music hall. Switched on Band did a couple of shows in 270 and I really don't like it as a music venue.  I like for other things just not for listening to a band. 

DSB did a show in the Main theatre and it was good as well.  It wasn't as loud, which may appeal to some, but didn't have quite the same energy as their later evening shows in the Music Hall.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Finally caught up on all the "Live threads" I have been very unproductive this week. 

Both DSB and Switched on are very very good!  If you have to pick and choose which time to see them because of conflicts, pick the times they are in the music hall. Switched on Band did a couple of shows in 270 and I really don't like it as a music venue.  I like for other things just not for listening to a band. 

DSB did a show in the Main theatre and it was good as well.  It wasn't as loud, which may appeal to some, but didn't have quite the same energy as their later evening shows in the Music Hall.

Thanks for the info. I’ll have to see where they are playing and when.

10 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Absolutely beautiful!

Thanks, definitely more to come. So many to weed thru and trying to decide which to post. I don't want to bore people with a million pictures, at least I'm going to try not to.

• Like 6