"Live" Regal Princess, Oct 26 to Dec 2, Rome to Ft Lauderdale

LACruiser88

12 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Not a good start to the day in Naples.  Dark, gloomy and raining.  And, the ship's wiFi is out.

20221116_084707.jpg

Oh no Mr. Bill...not the INTERNET!!??!!  ROFLMAO...I am thinking you may be of a 'certain' age😉

Edited by Anubi
  • Haha 1

After a very ominous start to the day with lighting, thunder, and heavy rain, it turned out to be an okay day.

The rain turned to a light rain at around 10:30 and then we just had light rain off and on.  At 3:30, we had another downpour.  The rain did not stop my lovely DW from her shopping safari!

We were able to have lunch at our favorite restaurant in Naples, Pizzeria Brandi.  Brandi was opened in 1780.

Btw, when we returned to the ship Internet was working again.

20221116_110505.jpg

20221116_110615.jpg

20221116_110656.jpg

20221116_111029.jpg

20221116_112126.jpg

20221116_112434.jpg

20221116_133220.jpg

20221116_131430.jpg

20221116_132936.jpg

20221116_121655.jpg

20221116_124810.jpg

20221116_124813.jpg

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MikeD4134 said:

Why not?

They are in different areas, and at this point, each ship is basing their protocols on what is happening on their ship.

Example: Majestic is in Australia, has 800 cases, so they are having enhanced cleaning, mandatory masking for crew and passengers, etc. as well as mandatory testing per the area that they are in.

Regal is in the Med, has very few if any cases, so there may well be no mandatory masking for anyone, normal cleaning, and no mandated testing unless symptomatic, per the Master of the vessel.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jwattle said:

They are in different areas, and at this point, each ship is basing their protocols on what is happening on their ship.

Example: Majestic is in Australia, has 800 cases, so they are having enhanced cleaning, mandatory masking for crew and passengers, etc. as well as mandatory testing per the area that they are in.

Regal is in the Med, has very few if any cases, so there may well be no mandatory masking for anyone, normal cleaning, and no mandated testing unless symptomatic, per the Master of the vessel.

Dig it.

Cheers

For those who didn’t list a room number on Jill’s amazing spreadsheets and are coming to the meet and greet and would like a postcard please let me know. I am in cabin L202. 
If you listed a cabin you should get one in your stateroom (not sure when)

Meet and Greet-01.jpg

Edited by vikidon
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, vikidon said:

For those who didn’t list a room number on Jill’s amazing spreadsheets and are coming to the meet and greet and would like a postcard please let me know. I am in cabin L202. 
If you listed a cabin you should get one in your stateroom (not sure when)

Meet and Greet-01.jpg

Hi VIKIDON…..I hope to be out of COVID jail in time to make the M&G.  I have been “locked in” since Tuesday.  I’m so sad that after all of this planning I have already missed so many great ports.  

Jill

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jilliebean28 said:

Hi VIKIDON…..I hope to be out of COVID jail in time to make the M&G.  I have been “locked in” since Tuesday.  I’m so sad that after all of this planning I have already missed so many great ports.  

Jill

That’s sad! Do we need to come bust you out?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jilliebean28 said:

Jill

Hi Jill,I too have been in Covid jail since Tuesday. Almost 3 years of not getting it and now missed all the parts of Italy I wanted to see. I think there are quite a few people sick and Princess is keeping it quiet. Hope you feel better soon.

7 hours ago, a19shortie said:

Hi Jill,I too have been in Covid jail since Tuesday. Almost 3 years of not getting it and now missed all the parts of Italy I wanted to see. I think there are quite a few people sick and Princess is keeping it quiet. Hope you feel better soon.

Oh no!!  I have seen 3 others in quarantine from my cabin on the port side of Emerald deck.  Princess certainly needs to do a better job of telling those of us in isolation about what to expect.  My experience, sadly, has not been good which I hate to even say as we love Princess.

I hope you are feeling better and are set free soon!! 

• Like 1